Lee Hodson - Is he injured?

2 hours ago, docspiderman said:

Just shows how people see things differently regarding football; my opinion is that Hodson is a hopeless defender and not very good going forward. I did watch him carefully one game and reckon 90% of his passes were back passes when the better option was to pass forward, lack of confidence or lack of ability?

I like Hodson, I think he's a better defender than Tav, but not as good going forward. As you say a lot of his passes go back or sideways, could be getting nicknamed 'The Crab' if he keeps it up. I thought that they both performed better when Tav  was played in midfield, just in front of Hodson. They looked as if they had a good understanding of each other, where one of them was up in the last third of the pitch, the other held back as cover. I used to like seeing Wallace, and McKay, on the same wing because they hooked up well going forward, and Wallace scored a few goals when they did. That won't be happening any more though, which just goes to show how much I know.

I'm gagging for the new season to start. Feel like a junkie needing his next fix, and giro day is not close enough for me.  RM  is just a methadone substitute. ???

10 hours ago, docspiderman said:

Just shows how people see things differently regarding football; my opinion is that Hodson is a hopeless defender and not very good going forward. I did watch him carefully one game and reckon 90% of his passes were back passes when the better option was to pass forward, lack of confidence or lack of ability?

Fair enough as u say all about opinions but I actually can't stick tav and wish he was sold 

3 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

can he not play on the left? I heard he could play on the left..... I'm sure he was versatile in that respect... like playing either RB or LB...no?

:whistle:

He has played in the left back role for us. He really isn't any better than Wallace at left back; if anything he's worse. 

He's a solid enough defender, though he does mistime tackles; he either passes sideways, or back passes, too often, and like most Warburton signings he seems more interested in getting shot of the ball and responsibility when doing so. He doesn't offer much at all. I'd agree we need better full backs, but Hodson isn't better than our starters. 

1 minute ago, Aubie92 said:

He has played in the left back role for us. He really isn't any better than Wallace at left back; if anything he's worse. 

He's a solid enough defender, though he does mistime tackles; he either passes sideways, or back passes, too often, and like most Warburton signings he seems more interested in getting shot of the ball and responsibility when doing so. He doesn't offer much at all. I'd agree we need better full backs, but Hodson isn't better than our starters. 

I agree, I think Tav is a better midfielder than a RB so we really need to address the RB and LB positions - unless Pedro has worked with Tav to stop his lolly gagging about the place and with Waldo to try and close that fucking gap in behind him that so many opposition goals have come from..

I'll wait and see - but yes Hodson is not the answer in any scenario

Thought we might have been onto something after his winner v the sheep.

Sadly, that was just about as good as it got.

Seeing him obviously stressed by the simple act of taking throw-ins tells me he has no further role to play with us.