Ace In The Pack

Just now, Amato said:

Pena for me. Then again, Alves is unmistakeable class. And Dorrans been doing it at a good level for years.

Considering none of them played in the Luxembourg shambles, plus we've still to properly see Herrera, I'm actually feeling quite upbeat about the coming season again.

Another high quality signing or two would be ideal though

Hopefully less of that celebration..

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Not very many.

Bates defensively for the first was to blame.

Defence in general for the second.

Kranjcar's sitter.

Jack missed a couple of very good chances.

We've got the best keeper in the country.

Your points don't fit in with my picking on Fod. Bolt.

1 minute ago, tannerall said:

Tims played a five card trick against Linfield and hit a deuce, but by the time we get them in front of a full house Pedro might have an ace up his sleeve and they could end up a busted flush.

You've taken that too far.

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Not very many.

Bates defensively for the first was to blame.

Defence in general for the second.

Kranjcar's sitter.

Jack missed a couple of very good chances.

We've got the best keeper in the country.

How many times have you saw Fod come for a cross? 

Best in the country is debatable but only because the standard in Scotland is so low. 

There's a reason he spent his career floating round the lower leagues in England, the best keepers have the full package and that means being able to control their area, organise their defence and stop shots. In my lifetime I'm lucky enough to have seen us have some great keepers, Goram, Klos, Mcgregor even Waterrues was the 10 times the keeper Fod is. 

Best in th country, aye maybe, Rangers class, not in a million years! 

Alves in this league should be a standout,defensive giant,leader, and a good teacher to the young CB next to him. Really have a good feeling about Morelos,if he gets the chances Waghorn had last year he could be a Golden boot contender. (i can but dream)

9 hours ago, DennyBlueNose said:

There's a reason he spent his career floating round the lower leagues in England, the best keepers have the full package and that means being able to control their area, organise their defence and stop shots.

You do realise Joe Hart was the England no1 and played in goals for a team that won the Premiership, aye?

1 hour ago, plumbGER said:

You do realise Joe Hart was the England no1 and played in goals for a team that won the Premiership, aye?

You do realise that Joe Hart and Wes Foderingham are two entirely different people aye? 

Just because one player can play in the lower leagues and make the step up doesn't mean they all can ffs. Besides Hart was signed by city when he was 19-20 then loaned out to get experience. 

Ridiculous comparison. 

2 minutes ago, DennyBlueNose said:

You do realise that Joe Hart and Wes Foderingham are two entirely different people aye? 

Just because one player can play in the lower leagues and make the step up doesn't mean they all can ffs. Besides Hart was signed by city when he was 19-20 then loaned out to get experience. 

Ridiculous comparison. 

You do realise i didn't compare them, aye?

I don't rate Fod either but the standard of English keepers is generally sub standard was my point so no need to get your knickers in a twist.

You do realise i didn't compare them, aye?

I don't rate Fod either but the standard of English keepers is generally sub standard was my point so no need to get your knickers in a twist.

Well that's what I took from your response, no one had mentioned the goalkeeping standards in England until you piped up with a sarkyJoe Hart comment.

2 minutes ago, DennyBlueNose said:

Well that's what I took from your response, no one had mentioned the goalkeeping standards in England until you piped up with a sarkyJoe Hart comment.

Well that's your problem then, no need to be so fucking precious.

Here was me thinking we were discussing goalkeeper standards aswell, silly me.

Well that's your problem then, no need to be so fucking precious.

Here was me thinking we were discussing goalkeeper standards aswell, silly me.

I just don't get your point, it's doesn't really make sense in the context we had been discussing.