Senior Daily record executive targets Rangers fan over complaint

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, chris182 said:

A scum, sheep and DU fan at the helm you say? 

There's a surprise ?

And Rangers fans buy this rhag and our very own @The Dude works for them

Not real Rangers men in my eyes. Not if you sit back and accept the pure one-sided hatred they spew or continue to fund their disguting rhag of a paper 

Showed what they're all about on this one.
Let's hope it's another own goal and they lose another 1,500 overnight.
The publicised losses will drive down circulation.
Maybe get to see the demise of this arse wipe of a paper quicker than I thought.
PURE FUCKIN POISON and nothing surprises me about the list of staff at the daily muck.  

2 hours ago, Dazzler said:

When company's use stuff like that, I normally assume there is another reason.

When your card is marked it's marked.

I tried to tell a fella in work to watch his mouth. He was forever arguing with the management. He always had a point but went about it very vocally.

When our company announced a redundancy process he was the first to get chopped. They justified it with a lot of trivial stuff. As they couldn't prove the real reason. He was one of the most experienced engineers. 

Obviously not suggesting anything about your dad.

2 hours ago, plumbGER said:

Sorry to hear that about your Da, that's bad craic man.

Out of interest what was the rest of the reasons? Whistling the Billy boys tune and wearing Union jack socks?

Long story short, his watch refused to marshal the gay pride parade 10 years ago. They'd made numerous complaints to the senior officials in Strathclyde HQ about the conduct of some of the people attending and participating - groping male and female firefighters, making lewd comments, flashing them etc - and they didn't receive anything other than standard PR friendly responses. My dad wasn't long in the position of station officer - or whatever it was redubbed after the strikes - at that station, so hadn't marshalled a gay pride parade before; his advice was refusing would be defying an order, and that's a sackable offence. They refused, and he backed them. 

Months later there was an ongoing issue with student housing near Cowcaddens. They'd make prank call outs, pull the alarm, set waste bins on fire etc. It reached a boiling point and he made the order to evacuate the building and do a thorough search for safety hazards; teaching them a lesson. (He was under a lot of stress at the time and depressed over the death of a childhood friend and fellow officer, and it clouded his judgement - he wasn't taking into account that it was 2007, not 1987.)

The students complained, and some lassies even made allegations of sexual harassment. He & his deputies were suspended. Once it was reported that they were possibly going to be sacked, the students actually tried to withdraw the (mostly fictional) complaint; to their credit, once the brigade refused to formally withdraw the complaint, the student bodies wrote to the national newspapers to back the firemen, and accepted their part in it - the papers either didn't publish the letters, or put it in the letter section.

The union expected him to be demoted as an example, especially as he was only a few years from retirement; all three were sacked, and lost the brigade's employer pension contribution. The email incident that was cited occurred in 2003; it had nothing to do with the disciplinary hearing, but they cited it anyway.

Essentially, their cards were marked because of the gay pride parade. The brigade were worried about facing further criticism from the Glasgow LGBT groups, and ironically they sacked the station officer who had agreed to meet with them to try to come to a compromise. 

18 minutes ago, linfield1690 said:

You from up the strone  I might know  you I stay up eh levie

You talking in the mirror there?:lol:

Aye mate, well not the strone as such but as near to it as you get.

Could you tell from that picture i put in the OT by chance?

I have been noticing things like this for a while now. If they are having a "discussion" about us which let's face it is almost all the time cos of their obsession and a Rangers fan tries to join in then they do everything possible to try and get the Rangers fan to say something that they can take offence to. It's a form of bullying as they will then include their fans group which will have thousands of followers which means lots more will join in trying to goad the Rangers fan into saying something that can get him in bother. They are scum and perverted and I can't wait till the day we put them well and truly back in their place where the cunts belong.

1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

Phoned their hotline today .Anthony Haggerty was taking the calls 

Asked him why his newspaper was defending the indefensible regards the thumbs actions .

I was calm and friendly although it killed me to do it

He just cut me off 

A representative of an organisation whose business consists solely of organising and supplying words, not being able to organise and supply words which is basically what he is being paid for, and what it says he does on his contract.

Sums up these imbeciles completely.