Who do you want to Replace Pedro?

Guest Lloyd72

14 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Fair enough 

but for me and others there's a lot more to it than just the Progres game but understand where people are coming from wanting to give him a few months I just see it as wasting the season and doing something when it's too late when the signs were obvious before hand but that's just my view 

Your view is not one worth dismissing as it is a concern of many, including me. However I judge on one hand the players of the aborted squad from last year who just couldn't be arsed and lost to Ceptic and Aberdeen then in the Europa to a part time club when they knew replacements were coming in to take their place so seemed to down tools. Let's not forget the inhumane treatment of other players!

I like a Klopp like manager who shows his heart on his sleeve but we are not likely to get that so I am willing to give a shot to a bloke who can get Alves to join us, I really think that is some player he has taken to our club and reminds me of the Big Tel signing of the time, I couldn't believe it the day that one happened, still makes me smile thinking of that one.

As I said before we are going to have to beg to differ on this one and with all due respect I hope you are wrong and he does great, however he has not convinced me yet the nagging doubt of it is not his team is there always in my mind and I have to see it in action first.

The only thing i am pretty certain about is that Alves is going to breeze through this league!

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I actually think Wallace is the biggest weak link defensively, more goals come down his side that Tavs. Also think he's (sadly) never a captain. I'd kill for an angry, aggressive and arrogant bawbag like the legoeater right now, rather than a quiet nice guy. 

Hopefully, think we're a couple signings short (FB and winger) of a pretty good squad at this level. 

I do struggle in condeming Wallace,  because he did provide great service to us. He looks like he is never going recover his form of the past. I accept he needs replaced if he can't turn it around.

Hopefully Alves gets the captain gig. He's defo the meat and two veg that we need.

I don't know whether I'm more excited in seeing the Lemmon in the dug out again and having a serious meltdown or the the scum. I can see him targetting Alves such is the mentality. I think we are in for some very savoury moments!

Bring it on!

46 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Agree with the gist of that except I don't consider Moyes a top class manager. 

This is going to sound mental but we don't even need what you would consider a "top class manager" just one cut from a certain cloth - a capable experienced one who can get us doing the basics right and mentally strong enough to compete/be organised. 

Mastering Scottish football isn't brain surgery - when people, like Pedro try and revolutionise and over complicate things they fail. I'm amazed people still can't see this in this backwater footballing environment of ours. 

Good points KAI - Murty's short tenure supports some of what you say 

8 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Of course it will - provided it's the right manager this time.

this is a massive part of the problem that people can't see - we've appointed bad manager after bad manager since Walter left and now people think changing manager won't matter because they're accustomed to so many bad ones. 

We don't need to keep changing managers - just appoint the right one once (for a change) 

So who's the right one?

Just like players, all managers come with risk. The EPL is littered with those who's rep was second to none and failed miserably on moving to a new club.

Can we afford an EPL manager? Course we fucking can't.

PC fielded what was essentially MW players of dross and who couldn't give a fuck in the progres tie. We were also shot shy up front long before PC came. In fact we were shite all round for all of last season and 

You going to tell me Mourihno could do well with that shower of shite?

Your premise is flawed for a manager and players just in the door who have had no game time together as a group.

Then we have fuckin McKinnes. Jesus fuckin wept. A bigger fucking bore than mogadon. Turned down Sundrland to stay with the sheep tells it all about his ambition. Oh how far we have fallen if that is the best we can do. That no mark can hardly string two words together and he has English as his first language ffs,  but now he's billy big baws for getting into the next round of a competition that only losers want to be in? He'll be manager of scum fc next. 

There will be no magic hat, until this board fork out for quality to match the scum. They have done not bad in spending this summer and they appear to be better quality than before, which wouldn't be fucking hard, but barring a miracle, at best it gets us second place. That's the reality no matter what manager we get in, so I just don't get all this knee jerk hysteria.

The board set the strategic objectives of the club, as with any other business. The business under performs they fail and are held accountable. Within the financial constraints of the business they make the rules and the appointments. They sanction the transfers and the wages.  If you aint happy with PC, better you gripe about them, than this constant griping about a new manager that inherited absolute fucking dross and who has indeed done not to bad in moving quite a few on, but as yet, is to field his new players to a new style in a new league ffs.

Look forward to the new season with PC and his signing. Their will be many ups and downs, twists and turns. We have absolutely no fucking God given right to win shit, or even expect it from where we have come and we still remain littered with dross from the MW era, but at least we are moving on.

Time will tell if there is improvement and I am 100% confident there will be, but to knee jerk at this juncture is a big mistake, just as it was in all the knee jerks that has gone before. Whyte the hero billionaire saviour, Green, McCoist, the magic hat and the list goes on.

What are we learning from it indeed?!

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

So who's the right one?

Just like players, all managers come with risk. The EPL is littered with those who's rep was second to none and failed miserably on moving to a new club.

Can we afford an EPL manager? Course we fucking can't.

PC fielded what was essentially MW players of dross and who couldn't give a fuck in the progres tie. We were also shot shy up front long before PC came. In fact we were shite all round for all of last season and 

You going to tell me Mourihno could do well with that shower of shite?

Your premise is flawed for a manager and players just in the door who have had no game time together as a group.

Then we have fuckin McKinnes. Jesus fuckin wept. A bigger fucking bore than mogadon. Turned down Sundrland to stay with the sheep tells it all about his ambition. Oh how far we have fallen if that is the best we can do. That no mark can hardly string two words together and he has English as his first language ffs,  but now he's billy big baws for getting into the next round of a competition that only losers want to be in? He'll be manager of scum fc next. 

There will be no magic hat, until this board fork out for quality to match the scum. They have done not bad in spending this summer and they appear to be better quality than before, which wouldn't be fucking hard, but barring a miracle, at best it gets us second place. That's the reality no matter what manager we get in, so I just don't get all this knee jerk hysteria.

The board set the strategic objectives of the club, as with any other business. The business under performs they fail and are held accountable. Within the financial constraints of the business they make the rules and the appointments. They sanction the transfers and the wages.  If you aint happy with PC, better you gripe about them, than this constant griping about a new manager that inherited absolute fucking dross and who has indeed done not to bad in moving quite a few on, but as yet, is to field his new players to a new style in a new league ffs.

Look forward to the new season with PC and his signing. Their will be many ups and downs, twists and turns. We have absolutely no fucking God given right to win shit, or even expect it from where we have come and we still remain littered with dross from the MW era, but at least we are moving on.

Time will tell if there is improvement and I am 100% confident there will be, but to knee jerk at this juncture is a big mistake, just as it was in all the knee jerks that has gone before. Whyte the hero billionaire saviour, Green, McCoist, the magic hat and the list goes on.

What are we learning from it indeed?!

That's a lot of bluster to get through on my mobile with a limited signal but I'll try ..

1- I've said loads who I'd consider the right one - someone in the mould of McInnes, Redknapp, Allardyce, McLeish or even Tommy Wright as an outside bet but again that's just names from the top of my head it always makes me laugh when someone barks at you "who will take the job" when in reality your average fan can't possibly know who'd be interested and/or available - that's why we've got directors and executives with agents and contact lists.

2- Yes, Mourinho would do better with this shower of shite in fact Warburton and Murty done better with this shower of shite than your beloved Pedro has. Go figure.

3- There's fuck all flawed premise here as I am literally calling it as I see it if anything it's your logic that's flawed at best after reading some of this jaw dropping post of yours. Open your eyes ffs.

4- Ever thought McInnes might be more ambitious than you give him credit for? He could have knocked back Sunderland because he knows Pedro will be out of a job soon and he's in with a chance of his dream job at Rangers. 

5- You say we are destined for second place no matter the manager - well I agree we won't get first ahead of Celtic but Pedro could actually be the difference between us getting third rather than second - a real danger. 

6- What's knee jerk about losing 3 long standing records (first semi final defeat in Scottish cup to Celtic since 60s, first Aberdeen Ibrox defeat in nearly 30 years, worst ever Ibrox old firm defeat) our worst ever result against the 4th best team in Luxembourg with 7 new signings for them and over 2 legs and also having us limp over the finish line in 3rd last season. What the fuck is knee jerk about that? 

7- No God given right lmao that line is desperate and always makes me laugh. Refer to point 6 above and tell me with a straight face that those disasters are part of fans expectations and God given rights ... honestly straight face ... go. 

8- You finish by asking what we are learning from it - well if attitudes like yours are anything to go by then we are learning literally fuck all. We make the same mistakes again and again and only will the blinded ones in our support like your good self click on when the damage is too late and it's already done. 

Hoestly I respect the majority of the stuff you post on here even if most others don't but I can honestly say hand on heart I've never read so much deluded, self persuading bullshit as I have in that big post of yours. It's like they've given Bluepeter9 access to your account to make a one-off post.

Pedro needs time, supporters calling for him to sacked already are well short of the mark. We basically have a brand new team and the players are still learning how the manager wants them to play. I'm only counting we have played 2 games this season none of the friendlys and that's in Europe which was a disaster I admit but we still had some of the shite from last season which we all know aren't going to cut it. I will judge him and the players when the season starts not before.

We've signed a full new team and they've not even had a chance to play together, yet some people are falling over themselves wanting Pedro to fail because he wasn't a big name. 

Yea he lost at Ibrox to the sheep shaggers and we took a pumping to those rotten bastards. There's the European result as well, but give the guy a chance eh. Last seasons results were using MWs squad of no hopers and the European game this season was due to that wee spice boy clown. Who might i add wont get anywhere near the squad when we're settled this season.

We've got our best squad on paper for the last 6 years and we've not had a chance to even start our best 11 yet people are posting pictures of donkeys and saying alsorts.

The funny thing is, when Pedro gets the team gelled and we start wiping the floor with teams, the same people will be praising him saying you've said he was the right guy all along.