McKay - "I wasn't being treated the way any human should be treated"

Gaz52

13 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

Wish I could bury my head in the sand as well and pretend we don't have an absolute clueless plonker who's going to take us backwards as manager lol

Or get rid of total fannys who gave fuck all for the cause when the going got tough.barrie mckays rangers top was far too heavy for him,exact same as john flecks,hit a 1off wonder goal and will retire on it,rhys mccabe done the same and plays in the irish league ?

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just read the OP there and my view is;

• Barrie isn't necessarily being a cock-socket by stating that he was treated in a way no human should, he could just be saying it was clear he wasn't wanted by the treatment he received, he may have a point.
  • If Pedro wants to be rid of these charlatans (as we do) then he's going to have to make life miserable for them because it's a certainty that they are going to struggle to get deals to their liking from "bidding" teams and most of them will sit in the stands if it means several £K a week more, simple as that.
  • Would explain why the team didn't lift a finger for huge chunks of that qualifying game, they know they aren't wanted and are on the way out so see it as a chance to fuck up the manager as he's fucked up their easy-street, maybe he'll get shafted before they do kinda mentality. Having made this point is equally plausible they are just utter shite compared to what we need them to be and a host of other things I cannae be fucked speculating again.

So I'm not going to rip him as we got some money, he did have a few good days, and generally he just wasn't good enough for this club. Good luck to him going forward; hopefully, the culture shock of being in the Championship will do for him what it did Charlie Adam. 

Mckay was fucking murder.

i will never understand what some seen in him, he was a pea hearted shitebag who actually slowed play down more often than not, his lack of end product meant he gave he ball away more often than anyone else. Games were things were hard going he would go missing and actually get himself into positions to not get the ball. I can only think of two full games he played well last season and his refusal to sign a new deal tells you he thought he was better and either a) worth more on wages or b) wanting to run his deal down and leave on a free and fuck us over for a fee. He is a wee spice boy prick

21 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

Everyone is quick to jump on McKay, saying he's full of shite, aye he's being a bit extreme with his quotes... But clearly Caixinha is having problems with player morale considering that's two players that's now complained about him and when the team are on the park they don't play for him at all. He's out of his depth and needs kicked out before more harm is done.

Which two players?

Poor journalism.

McKay - "I wasn't being treated the way any human should be treated"

Journalist - "What do you mean by that Barry, in what way were you being treated as a sub-human?"

....except the follow up question wasn't asked.

Bet it's asked at Pedro's press conference today though.

A player who provided intermittent inspiration but could not (or would not) raise his game to a level where he'd be rated 7 or better out of 10 in each game he played.

He, along with the entire squad, was told that it was 7 or better out of 10 performances that were required by the Manager.   He was given bags of time to respond to that, and a fair bit of game time too.   But the proof was in the performances - not good enough and so indicating he either didn't believe the message or did believe it but was not able or willing to respond by upping his game.    The result......off to the fringes of the squad.    But still thought well enough of to be given offers to renew his contract.    

He has only himself to blame.     Given time and opportunity he chose not to respond more positively.  Or perhaps he just demonstrated to everyone that he could only ever be an intermittent inspiration.......and that at Rangers is not good enough.

Perhaps in giving interviews he might reflect on whether he really gave his very best for the Club every time in every game.    Or maybe a journo should help him out by asking him that question or ask him why he only played really well on an intermittent basis. 

23 hours ago, markem said:

To be fair he can only be accused of 'willing to keep' if he is rejecting offers. A decent offer for Waghorn and he will be gone (imo). 

A decent offer? That's not going to happen. Baz is a better player than Waghorn (although the end result is the same) and Baz went for buttons. I suspect no bids have been made for Waghorn, as every other club in the UK can see he is utter pish. I would rather pay his wages and keep him out the squad than have him in the squad because we are paying him. 

28 minutes ago, 1NachoNovo said:

A decent offer? That's not going to happen. Baz is a better player than Waghorn (although the end result is the same) and Baz went for buttons. I suspect no bids have been made for Waghorn, as every other club in the UK can see he is utter pish. I would rather pay his wages and keep him out the squad than have him in the squad because we are paying him. 

I pretty much agree with all of that mate, my point was in reference to you saying 'he is willing to keep Waghorn' - I am not sure he is willing to keep I (and to your point in your reply) I don't think he has had an offer to decline.

The amount of times teams put 2 or 3 players on him, says it all. The amount of attempts at gbh he avoided is a skill in itself. I can't remember a better player for us at receiving a pass. He needs to wear a slipper on his right foot in training, but was working on it. Barry will be missed by me for 1, & I wish him all the best down south. If this is the sort of talent we can offload, we must be some team.

12 minutes ago, Barasa said:

The amount of times teams put 2 or 3 players on him, says it all. The amount of attempts at gbh he avoided is a skill in itself. I can't remember a better player for us at receiving a pass. He needs to wear a slipper on his right foot in training, but was working on it. Barry will be missed by me for 1, & I wish him all the best down south. If this is the sort of talent we can offload, we must be some team.

Fucking sheltered life you live if you think he was avoiding "gbh" type tackles :lol:

He shat out of 50/50's before anyone was near him. Wee poof

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

Fucking sheltered life you live if you think he was avoiding "gbh" type tackles :lol:

He shat out of 50/50's before anyone was near him. Wee poof

Take it you thing Richard Dunn was a good boxer?

Rangers hit back at Barrie McKay's claims he was mistreated before Nottingham Forest switch

RANGERS have hit back at former Ibrox star Barrie McKay after he claimed he was mistreated by manager Pedro Caixinha before he quit the club to join Nottingham Forest.

The winger was reunited with former boss Mark Warburton at the City Ground earlier this month as he brought the curtain down on his Light Blues career.

Rangers decided to cash in on the 22-year-old after he turned down offers to extend his deal beyond the end of the campaign.

That contract would have seen him become one of the highest paid players at the club if he had signed on the dotted line.

McKay this week lifted the lid on his relationship with manager Pedro Caixinha after he fell down the pecking order in the final weeks of the season and was then left out of the squad for the Europa League clashes with Progres Niederkorn.

The Scotland international claimed that he ‘wasn't being treated the way any human being should be treated’ before he quit Ibrox to agree a four-year deal with the Championship outfit.

But an Auchenhowie source told SportTimes: “Barrie was made a contract offer that would have doubled his wages and made him one of the highest paid players at the club. But he chose not to sign it and instead moved on this summer.

“Rangers wanted to keep him but it became apparent that he didn’t want to be at the club.

“His statistics in training showed that his attitude wasn’t right and that he didn’t want to be here.”
http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/rangers/15426898.Rangers_hit_back_at_Barrie_McKay__39_s_claims_he_was_mistreated_before_Nottingham_Forest_switch/?ref=rss

“His statistics in training showed that his attitude wasn’t right and that he didn’t want to be here.”

His stats for Rangers during competitive play would reflect that also.  He gave us a dreadful return last year with a mere 5 goals and 3 assists.  If he struggles to play against defenders in the SPFL he'll have no chance down South.

2 hours ago, Barasa said:

If he constantly had 2/3 players on him at all times that would have been a blessing as if he had a brain he could release the ball a lot earlier than he did do and watch the space we've then got in possession when 2/3 are out the game marking McKay 

21 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

His stats for Rangers during competitive play would reflect that also.  He gave us a dreadful return last year with a mere 5 goals and 3 assists.  If he struggles to play against defenders in the SPFL he'll have no chance down South.

Being shite doesn't mean he doesn't want to be here.