Bruno Alves Press conference 12:30

Guest Lloyd72

Just now, NeoGeo7 said:

Herrera' should up play looked really good against st Johnstone, laid off a few good times and certainly has the frame to hold off central defenders. We either need a number 9 alongside (looking at Morelos for that as kenny drifts too much) or a number 10 who plays as a secondary striker.

To be honest with the 4-2-3-1 we can still utilise a number 10 in the same way but we need good wingers and I think only Candeias looks to be decent enough in that respect.

Candeias looks very accurate on the ball, and shows signs he may have pace. Here's hoping.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, writingranger said:

Why are their initials in different places? will that be the subject of the press conference?

Coz we r sevko n we r skint n admin2 is jst roon eh corner lol

He comes across as very focused. One thing that stands out is that he appears to see the club for what it can achieve, and what he can achieve here, rather than remaining where it is now; that is a very good thing, because we want players who want to take this club back to the top again. It really goes without saying that he is going to be a vital player for us this season.

1 minute ago, Helicopter Sundae said:

Good interview.

Question...can a very good player inspire and improve players around him, or does that only really happen if the players are already quality?

I think that will depend on those around him, in terms of how much they want to learn from someone with his ability and experience. Attitude will be key, as always, with the players this season.

1 minute ago, Helicopter Sundae said:

Good interview.

Question...can a very good player inspire and improve players around him, or does that only really happen if the players are already quality?

Yes, though the quality helps. I'm thinking that both Maradonna at Napoli and Christiano Ronaldo with the Portuguese national side raised their standard way beyond what it was without them. both players are particularly special though.

Whether great coaches/players inspire others beyond their capability or just bring out the very best in them I'm not sure but I do believe they enhance what you might typically get otherwise. 

I thought Alex Ferguson was the master at that, I would at times look at his team on paper and think, don't fancy them this year, they would then promptly march to a title. 

Digressed there, I appreciate you are asking views about players 

20 minutes ago, markem said:

Whether great coaches/players inspire others beyond their capability or just bring out the very best in them I'm not sure but I do believe they enhance what you might typically get otherwise. 

I thought Alex Ferguson was the master at that, I would at times look at his team on paper and think, don't fancy them this year, they would then promptly march to a title. 

Digressed there, I appreciate you are asking views about players 

We'll need players prepared to ditch their egos and play for the manager and one another; this guy comes across as the type of player with an attitude of what is best for the team. If we can get more players like that then we could be good for this season.

Good enough interview ... despite the language differences ... so ... so ... happy that he believes that Christiano Ronaldo will be staying at Real Madrid ... as it would be a catastrophe for The Rangers this season and our title challenge if he were to leave them ..... :dunno: .... who the fuck employs these numbnuts? .....  thickness is the new intelligence with this lot .... :p:

:UK: