Time To Back The Manager.

I've been critical of Pedro Caixinha, but he deserves a chance this season. It doesn't do the club, or us as fans any good if he fails, or, even worse, if he doesn't stay too long. A case has been made that the European game may have come a bit soon in terms of the team etc; I don't necessarily agree with that, and it doesn't take away the fact that it was quite possibly the worst result in this club's history; however, if that was the case then our season starts now- he has his players, well most of them, and on paper most of them appear to be good players who could make us better. If we go into this campaign with a huge question mark about the manager it won't help, it could in fact impinge on our efforts, because without the support of the fans, the players and the manager are a man down already. With the players now getting fitter, and finding their feet as a team, maybe we should see this as a  fresh start, and back them. Where there positives from the last match, during the week?; as hard as it was to find them, I think there were- defensively we look solid, and by defensively I would start with the midfield; so there is always that at least!; especially when we were so easy to score against last season. We could do with one or two additions, I think there is a consensus on here that we need that, and quite possibly that may well happen; hopefully it does.  This isn't a rallying cry, I'm talking to myself as much as anyone else, but I think the manager deserves the chance, with all his signings settled etc, to have a "fresh page" to start again as it were, and the chance to get the job done with us having an open mind as to how it will end up. Hopefully we come good, and hopefully this manager proves to be the right man to take us forward. As the titles suggests, it's time to back the manager.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We will struggle under this manager and he will be out before the season ends. He's been here a while yet and I've still to see a Plan to take us Forward.

I am hoping he is a success but fear the worst.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

We will struggle under this manager and he will be out before the season ends. He's been here a while yet and I've still to see a Plan to take us Forward.

I am hoping he is a success but fear the worst.

It's hard to argue with any of your points, but hopefully it's possible for a manager to start badly and turn it around. Like you, I'm hoping he is a success.

I've backed his squad changes. I mean, fuckin Bruno Alves at Rangers?. I haven't looked at enough games with those players, and I haven't really wanted to look at the highlights of previous friendlies either, I think I want to wait until the season begins.

All I ask for, is an improvement on last season.

1. Better defensive tactics; when Graham Murty was in charge I saw a better defensive shape and better team shape when we didn't have the ball, something that was missing under Warburton. 

2. More aggressive attacking; far too many times last season our forwards were placed out wide or had to drop deep to gain the ball. And when we finally got near the box we would, on occasion, pass it all the way back to Wes. We need to be more aggressive and quicker to stop the opponents defense getting a chance to settle into a shape.

With players brought in I hope they understand the tactics and we can start winning games convincingly. 

He has my backing like anyone in that blue shirt, still think he's out of his depth and will make a mess of this season though.

Forums will always be like this yet come matchday there will be that buzz around the stadium, a few points dropped though or a few losses and it's open season on him.

Ally was rightly torn a new arsehole for failing to progress against Malmo and Maribor, Pedro has had a similar start to his Rangers career and tbh he's lucky the standards have dropped at Ibrox or he would have been out on his arse after the tims leathered us.

1 minute ago, ZeeFour said:

I've backed his squad changes. I mean, fuckin Bruno Alves at Rangers?. I haven't looked at enough games with those players, and I haven't really wanted to look at the highlights of previous friendlies either, I think I want to wait until the season begins.

All I ask for, is an improvement on last season.

1. Better defensive tactics; when Graham Murty was in charge I saw a better defensive shape and better team shape when we didn't have the ball, something that was missing under Warburton. 

2. More aggressive attacking; far too many times last season our forwards were placed out wide or had to drop deep to gain the ball. And when we finally got near the box we would, on occasion, pass it all the way back to Wes. We need to be more aggressive and quicker to stop the opponents defense getting a chance to settle into a shape.

With players brought in I hope they understand the tactics and we can start winning games convincingly. 

Great post, and I think your point about the strikers is fairly accurate; against St Johnstone it appeared the were more in the box this time. Hopefully it stays that way during the season.

It's not a question of just backing any manager of our Club  ... we already do that season after season ... the packed stadiums already prove that fact  ..... any manager of The Rangers has to prove he is capable of producing a winning team and formula first ... then the full backing will come automatically.

The present manager has not shown anything so far to invoke our unreserved support ....far .. far from it .... so it's now entirely down to him to prove he is worthy of our backing ..... until then he will be viewed with suspicion as to his abilities.

The time has long past when our support are expected to just blindly trust in the manager and give him a chance .... especially with what has happened since Walter handed over the reins to an incompetent managerial chancer ... time is not on the side of giving a person chance after chance .... only winning will buy our current manager any grace and any hope of our full backing and support .... the responsibility is his and his alone to produce the goods first and foremost.

:UK: 

14 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

I can't personally. I think he is the wrong man. I am not one foe had f blindly supporting anyone i don't believe in. Wisampn him the best of luck of course but  ti believe it will end in tears again. 

Any manager would have had a hard job, the players who needed shipped out wouldnt have changed even IF we had Conte . When players know they are on the move and have not been replaced will always down tools and  just go through the motions and cause tention IN the camp. With the season starting off th this early hasnt helped the situation. I hope things will come good quick but have my doubts.

PC has found himself IN a situation not of his making to deal with while trying to bring new faces and blend them while getting their fitness levels up to speck.

23 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

It's not a question of just backing any manager of our Club  ... we already do that season after season ... the packed stadiums already prove that fact  ..... any manager of The Rangers has to prove he is capable of producing a winning team and formula first ... then the full backing will come automatically.

The present manager has not shown anything so far to invoke our unreserved support ....far .. far from it .... so it's now entirely down to him to prove he is worthy of our backing ..... until then he will be viewed with suspicion as to his abilities.

The time has long past when our support are expected to just blindly trust in the manager and give him a chance .... especially with what has happened since Walter handed over the reins to an incompetent managerial chancer ... time is not on the side of giving a person chance after chance .... only winning will buy our current manager any grace and any hope of our full backing and support .... the responsibility is his and his alone to produce the goods first and foremost.

A packed stadium doesn't, on its own, prove the backing of the manager; a manager can be present in a full stadium and everyone calling for his head. The responsibility to bring success to the club is his and his alone, and he will stand or fall on that, but the fans can play a part in giving him a chance, in the context of having the players that he has signed playing after a few weeks pre-season etc. You clearly think it is a question of us not having to back him, but like it or not this club needs this manager to succeed, because the alternative is that within a short period we could be looking for another manager, and a lot of his signings wondering where they stand, when they are already trying to adjust to playing for us. In that respect, we do have a part to play.

Sorry but after 6 of the worst years following our club loyally and have to suffer some of the most embarrassing fuck ups I care to remember 

I think it's about time this shower running our club ,got behind us.                         Yes the support 

And I don't mean the usual platitudes 

I mean growing some balls and going after all these enemies of ours 

It is relentless .We are all sick fed up with it 

All while the brown brogue ones sit on their arses writing the occasional statement 

Supporting the Manager is a given until it's clearly not working 

Initially most we see how it pans out .We have no other option 

1 hour ago, Bobby Hume said:

?post of the week 

49 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

At first i actually read that as "time to bring back the manager"

Opening it thinking it would be about Walter Smith:lol:

If Walter miraculously took over again .Just till be found our feet  .I would love it .Not going to lie but it's pie in the sky I know