Time To Back The Manager.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing more patronising than someone telling everyone else to "back the manager" or "back the players" when its consistently the team and manager that are fucking shite and the ones not doing their jobs. 

Pedro has a lot to do to earn my respect at this point. He had us tanked at home to the taigs, lost a home record against the sheep that was around longer than I have been alive and he got us knocked out of Europe by a team of part timers. Spare me the pish about the European game coming too early too btw, they were a fucking pub team and my local amateur team would have had a better go beating them

Just now, .Williamson. said:

Nothing more patronising than someone telling everyone else to "back the manager" or "back the players" when its consistently the team and manager that are fucking shite and the ones not doing their jobs. 

Pedro has a lot to do to earn my respect at this point. He had us tanked at home to the taigs, lost a home record against the sheep that was around longer than I have been alive and he got us knocked out of Europe by a team of part timers. Spare me the pish about the European game coming to early too btw, they were a fucking pub team and my local amateur team would have had a better go beating them

I apologise!

47 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

If Walter miraculously took over again .Just till be found our feet  .I would love it .Not going to lie but it's pie in the sky I know 

Yes mate, i would love it aswell, but the man deserves his retirement and we need to move on.

Convinced he masterminded our point we got at the piggery in unlikely circumstances last season, he was the man who advised Murty imo.

If he can get the team playing well and winning then everyone will be right behind him. I don't think any fan wants him to fail, I think we're all just a bit worried about him as we've not seen enough to suggest he'll do well here

6 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Pedro has a lot to do to earn my respect at this point. He had us tanked at home to the taigs, lost a home record against the sheep that was around longer than I have been alive and he got us knocked out of Europe by a team of part timers. Spare me the pish about the European game coming too early too btw, they were a fucking pub team and my local amateur team would have had a better go beating them

Good post Williamson . Hope that isn't too patronising :lol:

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

:lol:

I just get wound up far more easily than normal lately. 

:lol:I don't believe you ever get wound up! I agree about the European game btw. I just hope make something of this team; he has some task on his hands after his record so far.

He needs to earn our support. 

You do that by delivering something of note on the park, both in terms of winning but also in terms of pride and passion and drive. 

He's provided lacklustre efforts on all fronts, so folk arent blindly backing him. 

The period for blind optimism has passed., its gone. Its in the baggage hold of the flight  home from Luxembourg. 

I agree we need to encourage him and players though but I think its unreasonable to suggest we all need to ignore his apparent limitations. 

43 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

A packed stadium doesn't, on its own, prove the backing of the manager; a manager can be present in a full stadium and everyone calling for his head. The responsibility to bring success to the club is his and his alone, and he will stand or fall on that, but the fans can play a part in giving him a chance, in the context of having the players that he has signed playing after a few weeks pre-season etc. You clearly think it is a question of us backing him, but like it or not this club needs this manager to succeed, because the alternative is that within a short period we could be looking for another manager, and a lot of his signings wondering where they stand, when they are already trying to adjust to playing for us. In that respect, we do have a part to play.

Surely It's up to Pedro to stop this from happening then mate?

My statement on packed stadiums means that initially financially the manager has been fully backed with funds via the support to produce a winning team of players that he has chosen .... to produce the goods ... if that is not classed as playing a part then nothing I say will convince you otherwise.

And yes I am aware of the fallout that is capable of happening if he is sacked ...  that will again only happen if he does not succeed ... and that is where PC has to step up to the plate and prove to all the support he is the man to take us forward.  

As far as your assumption that we need him to succeed will have really nothing to do with the support getting behind him ... to me it is clearly obvious that only if he does succeed will that happen .... not the other way round.

If he does not show signs of doing this sooner rather than later ... fired he will be and deservedly so ... no longer must we reward failure with unreserved loyalty from people in charge who do not have the wherewithal to stop the rot and move us forward ... PC is the one who has to play his part ... the support have every right to criticise and complain about him when this is not evident.

It's entirely on his shoulders now mate .... we've had better managers than him who have been sacked for less or had to make way for us to progress.

:UK:

Just now, Bobby Hume said:

Surely It's up to Pedro to stop this from happening then mate?

My statement on packed stadiums means that initially financially the manager has been fully backed with funds via the support to produce a winning team of players that he has chosen .... to produce the goods ... if that is not classed as playing a part then nothing I say will convince you otherwise.

And yes I am aware of the fallout that is capable of happening if he is sacked ...  that will again only happen if he does not succeed ... and that is where PC has to step up to the plate and prove to all the support he is the man to take us forward.  

As far as your assumption that we need him to succeed will have really nothing to do with the support getting behind him ... to me it is clearly obvious that only if he does succeed will that happen .... not the other way round.

If he does not show signs of doing this sooner rather than later ... fired he will be and deservedly so ... no longer must we reward failure with unreserved loyalty from people in charge who do not have the wherewithal to stop the rot and move us forward ... PC is the one who has to play his part ... the support have every right to criticise and complain about him when this is not evident.

It's entirely on his shoulders now mate .... we've had better managers than him who have been sacked for less or had to make way for us to progress.

Great post, and I can't disagree with one word of it. I hope he proves those of us who doubt him wrong, and going into the season I'm willing to back him. I hope these players can make a difference to the results, and if he can't the best out of them then he won't last long,

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

Great post, and I can't disagree with one word of it. I hope he proves those of us who doubt him wrong, and going into the season I'm willing to back him. I hope these players can make a difference to the results, and if he can't the best out of them then he won't last long,

:tu:

Although we can all get excited and say things in the heat of the moment mate ... something that happens after every defeat mostly ... I doubt anyone wants to see anyone who takes the mantle of The Rangers manager fail ... but as said by a few above also .... it seems it is not a given that undying blind faith will be a fallback to rely on if things go pear shaped.

I can't wait for the season to start in earnest on the 6th of August ... and like yourself .... wish PC and his group of players all the best and hope we become a force to be proud of again.

Calling for his head before he's had a few games with his full squad is never going to help anyone get the job done right. Or help us find a replacement who thinks he'll be given a chance to succeed either.

Has he not been backed? I think we back whoever the manager is! The issue is he has given us 2 of the worst results in our history and led a team that lost a 25 year record. 

He is being backed but people aren't impressed with what he's given us so far. If he turns it around I don't think any of the people who have lost faith would be devastated because if Pedro does well Rangers do well. Some of us just don't see it.

I hope I'm wrong about Pedro as I'm sure many others hope as well!

I'll back him when he deserves my backing.

two of the worst defeats in our history under him and a 26 year undefeated record throwing away in the blink of an eye.  He deserves every bit of criticism coming his way right now. 

No manager at Rangers will ever succeed without the vast majority of the fans backing them.

Sadly a large number have already made up their mind and don't want him to get another game. I just get the feeling he could win the first 4 matches and many will still want him gone.

Trouble is, we probably aren't going to win our first 4 matches and any dropped points will only increase the clamour.

4 hours ago, BlueThunder said:

No manager at Rangers will ever succeed without the vast majority of the fans backing them.

Sadly a large number have already made up their mind and don't want him to get another game. I just get the feeling he could win the first 4 matches and many will still want him gone.

Trouble is, we probably aren't going to win our first 4 matches and any dropped points will only increase the clamour.

A player like Alves could be the catalyst for this team; coupled with the fact that we now have Dorrans and a few others who are better than what we had last season, might mean his record improves. Something tells me that Alves presence will be seen immediately, and might just prove to be the difference to this team. 

1 minute ago, danger ranger said:

Fans backing the manager, I don't even know what that means, the manager stands and falls on his own ability, he either has it to succeed or not and so far he has shown himself to be short of the mark.

Well, in regards to my OP, it means not writing him off completely, and giving him a chance with most of his signings now going to get a game.