Time To Back The Manager.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Isn't that due to contracts, those players should know they are surplus to requirement and move on peacefully, they've done their bit for Rangers..

Doesn't matter what it is due to mate, they are affecting the harmony, morale and quality of the first team squad. It's then up to the club to do all it can to get rid of them. We have actually kept picking them, costing us in Europe and some look stick-ons to continue being picked this season. It's extremely worrying. Why would shite like them want to leave here, as you say, under contract, mollycoddled, world class working environment, great way of life. They need pushed, they won't be in any rush to go anywhere. 

4 hours ago, OhW said:

Huge amount of doubt that he'll get us second.

Yeah I don't really believe he will either unfortunately. Was meant more in an ironic way as it would just be papering over the cracks if he managed to struggle to second at a club where the goal is to win the league.

8 hours ago, William McBeath said:

Yeah I don't really believe he will either unfortunately. Was meant more in an ironic way as it would just be papering over the cracks if he managed to struggle to second at a club where the goal is to win the league.

No one will seriously challenge the scum until some serious money is spent on players. We are still in the bargain basement, but just went overseas this time instead of England. The best I'm hoping for is a lucky one off to fuck them for 10iar and this squad might just be the ones to do it. A decent striker and we might just be in. Fingers crossed!

39 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

No one will seriously challenge the scum until some serious money is spent on players. We are still in the bargain basement, but just went overseas this time instead of England. The best I'm hoping for is a lucky one off to fuck them for 10iar and this squad might just be the ones to do it. A decent striker and we might just be in. Fingers crossed!

The way I see it is we've no chance if we play our normal game . That would have happened if someone like McLeish, Davies , Wright  , even McInnes had got in . Playing our ' normal ' game would have suited them . Even being temporarily successful, they'd have outspent us . 

So we have to think European.  Something they, despite their press , aren't very good at .

It's what I'm hoping might be the difference .

On 20/07/2017 at 4:10 PM, Turnberry18 said:

I've been critical of Pedro Caixinha, but he deserves a chance this season. It doesn't do the club, or us as fans any good if he fails, or, even worse, if he doesn't stay too long. A case has been made that the European game may have come a bit soon in terms of the team etc; I don't necessarily agree with that, and it doesn't take away the fact that it was quite possibly the worst result in this club's history; however, if that was the case then our season starts now- he has his players, well most of them, and on paper most of them appear to be good players who could make us better. If we go into this campaign with a huge question mark about the manager it won't help, it could in fact impinge on our efforts, because without the support of the fans, the players and the manager are a man down already. With the players now getting fitter, and finding their feet as a team, maybe we should see this as a  fresh start, and back them. Where there positives from the last match, during the week?; as hard as it was to find them, I think there were- defensively we look solid, and by defensively I would start with the midfield; so there is always that at least!; especially when we were so easy to score against last season. We could do with one or two additions, I think there is a consensus on here that we need that, and quite possibly that may well happen; hopefully it does.  This isn't a rallying cry, I'm talking to myself as much as anyone else, but I think the manager deserves the chance, with all his signings settled etc, to have a "fresh page" to start again as it were, and the chance to get the job done with us having an open mind as to how it will end up. Hopefully we come good, and hopefully this manager proves to be the right man to take us forward. As the titles suggests, it's time to back the manager.

Quote Walter Smith "Just Win"?

19 hours ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Doesn't matter what it is due to mate, they are affecting the harmony, morale and quality of the first team squad. It's then up to the club to do all it can to get rid of them. We have actually kept picking them, costing us in Europe and some look stick-ons to continue being picked this season. It's extremely worrying. Why would shite like them want to leave here, as you say, under contract, mollycoddled, world class working environment, great way of life. They need pushed, they won't be in any rush to go anywhere. 

So Pedro / the board have brought 9 in. That still leaves room for the 4 or 5 you mention who are bad for harmony and morale. I absolutely agree with this. They need to go. Cancerous is a descriptive I've used. Perhaps more if we then consider others who like Miller and Wallace who may undermine if reports are to be believed/ get dropped/ lose captaincy.

But if we say its 4 or 5 for now that need to go then something needs to give.

Either we bin them and replace with 4 or 5 new signings which is a Board matter. If the Board haven't done this (brought in circa 13 players this window) are they to blame? More or less than Pedro? Should we not have paid the money earlier to bring them and Dorrans in sooner to allow time to gel?

Or do we replace with Development youths? Are you willing to allow the inevitable mistakes, form drop, etc that this would likely incur. Such as Beerman pen v the bheasts, Bates shoddy defending costing goal v Progres?

Or should we have kept Hill (CH seems our strongest area) or McKay (reports of refusing contract and dropping levels at training.)

Interested in your genuine thoughts on solutions and the consequences.

I personally think the well has run dry (and we've spent well), rightly the spine has been focussed on, but that we may need to wait til Jan for strengthening the wings and full backs which are weak.

I'm seeing the logic in waiting til then as it's a project and to expect the overhaul I think was needed in the summer was too big and costly to expect in the one go.

But I also reckon Pedro (far more than players) is in the firing line and likely won't get to Christmas. Yet the players and Board will pretty much get off Scot free if he carries the can.

What's your thoughts / solution?

42 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

So Pedro / the board have brought 9 in. That still leaves room for the 4 or 5 you mention who are bad for harmony and morale. I absolutely agree with this. They need to go. Cancerous is a descriptive I've used. Perhaps more if we then consider others who like Miller and Wallace who may undermine if reports are to be believed/ get dropped/ lose captaincy.

But if we say its 4 or 5 for now that need to go then something needs to give.

Either we bin them and replace with 4 or 5 new signings which is a Board matter. If the Board haven't done this (brought in circa 13 players this window) are they to blame? More or less than Pedro? Should we not have paid the money earlier to bring them and Dorrans in sooner to allow time to gel?

Or do we replace with Development youths? Are you willing to allow the inevitable mistakes, form drop, etc that this would likely incur. Such as Beerman pen v the bheasts, Bates shoddy defending costing goal v Progres?

Or should we have kept Hill (CH seems our strongest area) or McKay (reports of refusing contract and dropping levels at training.)

Interested in your genuine thoughts on solutions and the consequences.

I personally think the well has run dry (and we've spent well), rightly the spine has been focussed on, but that we may need to wait til Jan for strengthening the wings and full backs which are weak.

I'm seeing the logic in waiting til then as it's a project and to expect the overhaul I think was needed in the summer was too big and costly to expect in the one go.

But I also reckon Pedro (far more than players) is in the firing line and likely won't get to Christmas. Yet the players and Board will pretty much get off Scot free if he carries the can.

What's your thoughts / solution?

Thanks. Let me try and go through this mate. 

Cancerous is also a word i have used to describe it. I included Wallace in my 4 or 5, 100%. 

We can't blame the board if the manager hasn't told them that these players are surplus. Footballing decisions are his. He picked the team for the 2 Progres matches thinking we had enough. Others were frozen out out whilst the manager chose to pick the likes of Holt, Wallace and Waghorn in European qualifers. How early were likes of Dorrans and Walker identified? Even Naismith if rumours are to be believed? 3 players who would have helped our team immeasurably in the Euro qualifiers. Dave King has done nothing but talk about the importance of European football for the last 2 years, we get it and fail at the most humiliating hurdle. The manager spoke of group stages and increasing co-efficient yet failed to have a team ready for the qualifiers. For me, it's probably very much a collective failure. To answer your final question there, yes, of course we should have. The delay, drama, waiting, everything holding up the Dorrans deal was a shambles. And then we find out the deal is worth buttons anyway. So why wasn't it done earlier? We needed him in far earlier.

There should be a space for youth, if they are good enough.  You name 2, for me, that's 2 that are not good enough. Not by a long way. It's all very well integrating youths into any team but the team has to be stable enough to handle that integration. Throwing youths in for the sake of it whilst the experienced pros around him are a collection of duds and imposters is ridiculous. That is a management failure. 

Hill, yes. If only as an experienced head on and off the pitch. He was a calming influence and a model professional. Just to help with Pedros introduction to the game here. McKay no, he was and will always be a bad apple. He's just a daft wee boy playing a mans sport. Thick as shit with the heart of a mouse. We are well rid of him. Although, when he is replaced with shite like Dalcio again, you do have to question the manager!  Is Dalcio any better? It really doesn't look like it. If anything, he looks well short of the required level. And we were warned by the Portuguese pundits and press about that. 

If this is our whack and the well has run dry then i think the board have failed the club. Every man and their dog knew what was needed for this year. A new team. We didn't get it, we haven't got it and i don't think we are going to get it and i am 100% positive it will cost Pedro his job. It's cost him my trust and support already. 

Replacing the captain should have been one of his very first decisions and he failed to do so. Warburton done the same and that was when i started doubting him. No harm to big Lee, he stood by us, by the harsh reality is, he is rubbish and is no leader of men. He has no future here and players of the calibre we need will not respect or play for him in any way any footballer should respect and play for their captain. He doesn't have that aura, that class, that ability. 

My solution is get rid of the 3 man panel selecting these managers. That is 3 duds on the bounce now. Robertson has to go, he is out of his depth. Get rid of the manager and appoint a steady pair of hands. The very fact Pedro even got an interview with a CV which should have been put in the bin sums this board up. Rangers Football Club need a winner, a real winner, not one who says he is. One with the proven track record to show he is a winner, rather than say it. A man within the game with the stature befitting the position of Rangers manager. My fear is, this board don't have a fucking clue what to do or where to go now. All their good work off the pitch has almost been nullified by the absolute cluster fuck they have created on the park. Since they took over from the spivs, on the park our football club has been a complete shambles. All through their footballing decisions. That is extremely worrying. 

3 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Cancerous is also a word i have used to describe it. I included Wallace in my 4 or 5, 100%. 

We can't blame the board if the manager hasn't told them that these players are surplus. Footballing decisions are his. He picked the team for the 2 Progres matches thinking we had enough. Others were frozen out out whilst the manager chose to pick the likes of Holt, Wallace and Waghorn in European qualifers. How early were likes of Dorrans and Walker identified? Even Naismith if rumours are to be believed? 3 players who would have helped our team immeasurably in the Euro qualifiers. Dave King has done nothing but talk about the importance of European football for the last 2 years, we get it and fail at the most humiliating hurdle. The manager spoke of group stages and increasing co-efficient yet failed to have a team ready for the qualifiers. For me, it's probably very much a collective failure. To answer your final question there, yes, of course we should have. The delay, drama, waiting, everything holding up the Dorrans deal was a shambles. And then we find out the deal is worth buttons anyway. So why wasn't it done earlier? We needed him in far earlier.

There should be a space for youth, if they are good enough.  You name 2, for me, that's 2 that are not good enough. Not by a long way. It's all very well integrating youths into any team but the team has to be stable enough to handle that integration. Throwing youths in for the sake of it whilst the experienced pros around him are a collection of duds and imposters is ridiculous. That is a management failure. 

Hill, yes. If only as an experienced head on and of the pitch. He was a calming influence and a model professional. Just to help with Pedros introduction to the game here. McKay no, he was and will always be a bad apple. He's just a daft wee boy playing a mans sport. Thick as shit with the heart of a mouse. We are well rid of him. Although, when he is replaced with shite like Dalcio again, you do have to question the manager!  Is Dalcio any better? It really doesn't look like it. If anything, he looks well short of the required level. And we were warned by the Portuguese pundits and press about that. 

If this is our whack and the well has run dry then i think the board have failed the club. Every man and their dog knew what was needed for this year. A new team. We didn't get it, he haven't got it and i don't think we are going to get it and i am 100% positive it will cost Pedro his job. It's cost him my trust and support already. 

Replacing the captain should have been one of his very first decisions and he failed to do so. Warburton done the same and that was when i started doubting him. No harm to big Lee, he stood by us, by the harsh reality is, he is rubbish and is no leader of men. He has no future here and players of the calibre we need will not respect or play for him in any way any footballer should respect and play for their captain. He doesn't have that aura, that class, that ability. 

My solution is get rid of the 3 man panel selecting these managers. That is 3 duds on the bounce now. Robertson has to go, he is out of his depth. Get rid of the manager and appoint a steady pair of hands. The very fact Pedro even got an interview with a CV which should have been put in the bin sums this board up. Rangers Football Club need a winner, a real winner, not one who says he is. One with the proven track record to show he is a winner, rather than say it. A man within the game with the stature befitting the position of Rangers manager. My fear is, this board don't have a fucking clue what to do or where to go now. All their good work off the pitch has almost been nullified by the absolute cluster fuck they have created on the park. Since they took over from the spivs, on the park our football club has been a complete shambles. All through their footballing decisions. That is extremely worrying. 

Some really decent points.

I guess the crux of the matter is do we twist or fold. I'm for twisting in January / summer and just hope the results are decent enough to allow for that and further strengthening.to what's already there.

The alternative is to fold and replace with this 'winner'.

As I see it he'd have to be a fucking magician. Even to match the bheasts with what Pedro squad has cost which I doubt he'd get as it's been spent on Pedro's squad!

Then there's the inherited issues like players loyal to previous managers but here on decent lengthy contracts. Though it's compounded by the fact he'd have PC and MW players to chase. At what cost. And I really can't see the Mexicans and Portuguese contingent giving 100% off the manager they came to play for goes. That's assuming they're even decent which we know the previous dross like Moh, Waghorn, Forrester are not.

This 'winner' would also have to turn this calamity around damn quick or be deemed a dud too despite the issues faced. I'd say this guy would need at least 3 windows to turn it around. And would never get that.

So I'll hope to stick with Pedro for now, hope his team can do enough to get to the next window, and build by strengthening the flanks then.

But good post mate. Good to see some consideration and logic rather than the just because we're Rangers argument that is part of the problem not solution.

1 hour ago, ps95v7 said:

Quote Walter Smith "Just Win"?

Quotes and reality are two quite different things.

Without Souness there was no Walter.

The reality of Walter was don't lose as the biggest parker of a bus on the planet.

What happened to 10iar? Yes that man threw it away!

We should have had Marseille's head on a plate, even though they cheated. One up front at Ibrox with the talent we had at our disposal.

Now where's that check book?

6 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

The reality of Walter was don't lose as the biggest parker of a bus on the planet.

We should have had Marseille's head on a plate, even though they cheated. One up front at Ibrox with the talent we had at our disposal.

Yeah just forget about everything he won and highlight he never won 10iar,nearly every decent manager in the world is a check book manager 

51 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Hill, yes. If only as an experienced head on and off the pitch. He was a calming influence and a model professional. Just to help with Pedros introduction to the game here. McKay no, he was and will always be a bad apple. He's just a daft wee boy playing a mans sport. Thick as shit with the heart of a mouse. We are well rid of him. Although, when he is replaced with shite like Dalcio again, you do have to question the manager!  Is Dalcio any better? It really doesn't look like it. If anything, he looks well short of the required level. And we were warned by the Portuguese pundits and press about that. 

If this is our whack and the well has run dry then i think the board have failed the club. Every man and their dog knew what was needed for this year. A new team. We didn't get it, we haven't got it and i don't think we are going to get it and i am 100% positive it will cost Pedro his job. It's cost him my trust and support already. 

A lot of conjecture in there.

The three man panel is sanctioned by the Chairman, so who the fuck do you want to select the manager?

So who's this fantasy manager with the proven track record we can afford? Mourihno, Pep, the Lemmon? Brenda is also now in that category. 

Then there are the financial constraints.

I can do conjecture also. Who says the manager or this board had any expectation of actually qualifying for this tourney. No cunt in Scotland has in the last six years. Like we are so fucking good?. As for players, PC was limeited in who he picked as his own were just in the door and never played together ffs, so what's the bigger risk? Not fucking hard to work out.

Replacing the captain? With who? Alves wasn't with us. Miller? Didn't do much good last season did it?!

Sorry, but  you are so far off the the mark with conjecture it's fucking frightening in that fans have learned absolutely fuck all from our last five years. Just knee jerk after knee jerk. The great Whyte hope, Green, McCoist, the magic hat. Fucking laughable if it wasn't so serious.

A fucking new manager just in the door, inheriting a squad full of shite and now new signings for a new league that had never played together and most not available for the qualifier. Hang the man!.

Pass me the crack pipe ffs!

10 hours ago, gmcf said:

The way I see it is we've no chance if we play our normal game . That would have happened if someone like McLeish, Davies , Wright  , even McInnes had got in . Playing our ' normal ' game would have suited them . Even being temporarily successful, they'd have outspent us . 

So we have to think European.  Something they, despite their press , aren't very good at .

It's what I'm hoping might be the difference .

I always thought that's why Pedro was picked, and as such, it would end up either being a brilliant appointment or a terrible one, not more of an expected tenure like what those you have mentioned would have given us.

The jury is still out on brilliant or terrible for me, though so far, it's not encouraging to say the least ...

11 minutes ago, Steelydan1690 said:

Yeah just forget about everything he won and highlight he never won 10iar,nearly every decent manager in the world is a check book manager 

I'm forgetting fuck all. I was there and he isn't all that. As I said, no Souness, absolutely no fucking Walter.

BTW, you do remember the scum were also on their erse?! My mrs could have won the ficking league with what he had at his disposal. Of course we can only beat what is put in front of us after all!

10 hours ago, plumbGER said:

You wanty fuck up please?

Canny win if we canny score, and for whatever reason scoring seems to be a massive problem for us the now, don't get me wrong I'll take any win, but would much rather we could score goals against teams first.

47 minutes ago, Sid2103 said:

Canny win if we canny score, and for whatever reason scoring seems to be a massive problem for us the now, don't get me wrong I'll take any win, but would much rather we could score goals against teams first.

Ok Sid.

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

I'm forgetting fuck all. I was there and he isn't all that. As I said, no Souness, absolutely no fucking Walter.

BTW, you do remember the scum were also on their erse?! My mrs could have won the ficking league with what he had at his disposal. Of course we can only beat what is put in front of us after all!

Y u so angry bud ??, chill out a wee bit I only asked a question ,roaster 

1 hour ago, Siam69 said:

I always thought that's why Pedro was picked, and as such, it would end up either being a brilliant appointment or a terrible one, not more of an expected tenure like what those you have mentioned would have given us.

The jury is still out on brilliant or terrible for me, though so far, it's not encouraging to say the least ...

Let's hope offering something different brings us success . I agree , it's not too encouraging so far . We've just got to hope things will improve once he has a full squad to pick from .

7 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

When Walter came back and won three in a row and Scottish Cup & League Cups wee fkn Strachan would've been going on 10 or 11 in a row, oh forgot  UEFA Cup final.

5 hours ago, gmcf said:

Let's hope offering something different brings us success . I agree , it's not too encouraging so far . We've just got to hope things will improve once he has a full squad to pick from .