Do we have good players?

Gaz52

Aye we do, on paper. (IMO)

I think guys like Alves, Dorrans, Cardoso and Jack in particular are four very good signings, four signings good enough to make a huge impact here and improve us going forward.

However, they need to gel as a team and Caixinha is responsible for that and he's not gained anyone's trust yet, he's already under pressure and the season hasn't even started yet. He done well to bring some of the players here, he identified our weaknesses and has brought players in who are more than capable of strengthening them. He's highly spoken of in the places he used to work, so I think there must be something there we're just not seeing yet? I hope he can shut me up and prove us all wrong, I pray for it to happen. 

Do you think we have good individual players that haven't yet "clicked" as a team? Do you expect us to eventually get into a way of playing that we safely finish second or better yet, give them a run for their money? 

I really do think we have some cracking players in our squad and they just need that push, that belief put in them that they can do it here.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we do and have to remember that Alves, Dorrans, Pena, Herrera and Morelos have all barely kicked a ball for us yet,  lets see how we get on with the actual friendlies as opposed to this closed door pish and judge from there.  I believe we may be surprised by the time the season starts.

Can't comment on the new boys yet (although I very much like the look of Ryan Jack) but, under a different manager, I do rate several of our existing players. Not going to name them because I ain't prepared to argue the toss but we do have some decent players. Biggest problem is lack of strength in depth and a piss poor manager.

All the players, bar Dalcio, on paper look like really good solid signings. 

The recruitment side of things isn't the problem, it's the manager. I said this weeks ago, he doesn't have time for gelling in etc, he's spent £8 million. It isn't £8 million running around the park that's the problem is it. 

I think the players are good enough and there is a strong spine. What we have yet to see is whether Caixhina and his coaching team can communicate this mysterious footballing philosophy of theirs. So far, it's looked like a muddles version of Warburton's. Success -winning-is rarely about how many talented footballers you have on the pitch but about the synergy a coach brings by forming them into a cohesive unit. Scoring goals will be the key to our season this year, it's that creative spark in front of goal that is seriously lacking and was absolutely glaring against Progres. I have my fingers crossed and remain positive but I have niggling doubts.

In comparison to last seasons squad it's night and day.dorrans is a huge improvement on anything in midfield for a start and Bruno alves is just a slight upgrade on big bates.

cunts slating Pena and Herrera already are hilarious both not yet fit and Mexican internationals plying there trade in a league vastly superior to ours .

the recruitment has been fantastic so far so let's give everyone time to get there act together before turning on the staff and playing squad

Have to honestly say no. No seen dorrans play live yet so will hold my judgement on him, jack seemed assured for 45 mins vs progres but faded badly.  The alves wankfest needs to end, hes no gonnae be the answer just like the big lazy cunt at centre half thats just been brought in. Dalcio is guff, apoor mans barrie mckay,  kranjcar while being our best player is a mile too slow and finally kenny miller will once again do more damage than good by trying to play 10 positions on the field instead of trusting his team mates not to fuck up.

To my mind we will be left with mainly the same players as last year and probably the same result. We should have bought mclean from aberdeen, the boy lyndsay from thistle at centre back and fired boyce from ross county into the mixer up front. 

Foderingham  gk

Beerman   lb

Aiden wilson  cb

Lyndsay  cb

Hodson rb

Jack  dm

Mclean cm

Dorrans cm

Mckay  lw

Boyce  cf

Miller rw

3 minutes ago, Gascoigne8 said:

Have to honestly say no. No seen dorrans play live yet so will hold my judgement on him, jack seemed assured for 45 mins vs progres but faded badly.  The alves wankfest needs to end, hes no gonnae be the answer just like the big lazy cunt at centre half thats just been brought in. Dalcio is guff, apoor mans barrie mckay,  kranjcar while being our best player is a mile too slow and finally kenny miller will once again do more damage than good by trying to play 10 positions on the field instead of trusting his team mates not to fuck up.

To my mind we will be left with mainly the same players as last year and probably the same result. We should have bought mclean from aberdeen, the boy lyndsay from thistle at centre back and fired boyce from ross county into the mixer up front. 

Foderingham  gk

Beerman   lb

Aiden wilson  cb

Lyndsay  cb

Hodson rb

Jack  dm

Mclean cm

Dorrans cm

Mckay  lw

Boyce  cf

Miller rw

That team literally gives me the boak.

Let's have a wee look.  Alves instead of Kiernan and young Bates.  No brainer.  Dorrans and Jack instead of any of our montage of midfielders... for sure. Dalcio instead of McKay....not so sure.   Morelos instead of Garner....well Garner was pish, but we haven't scored much since he left. so don't know.  Pena and Herrera both internationals but don't know yet.  

Bottom line though is we have at least 9 full internationals available to us and Rossiter & Morelos U20's ? internationalists.

30 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Ive never understood how or why Pedro is spoken highly of in other countries.

Is it the Mexican league that he finished near mid table and then won the league through a table split?

Fucking nonsense that is

Think remember him saying they won the whole play-off style set-up, same style as you've got with the ice hockey, NBA in the US. Can't claim I've seen much Mexican league myself, haha

16 minutes ago, Gascoigne8 said:

Foderingham  gk

Beerman   lb

Aiden wilson  cb

Lyndsay  cb

Hodson rb

Jack  dm

Mclean cm

Dorrans cm

Mckay  lw

Boyce  cf

Miller rw

That team would finish mid table.

8 minutes ago, Ibrox_Nights said:

Think remember him saying they won the whole play-off style set-up, same style as you've got with the ice hockey, NBA in the US. Can't claim I've seen much Mexican league myself, haha

I haven't either mate, haven't watch a game of it in my life but if that's how it works that is just pish. You're either 1st or you aren't.