***Official Rangers V Marseille thread***

MrMckee

Just now, Dan Deacon said:

Me too mate. I heard Pedro has been telling the boys to miss the net all pre season so everyone thinks we're shite

We'll win this and half of our support will be straight back to "going for 55!", only for us to draw opening week of the season

Can we get Wallace out of the selections please, He's fucking brutal and no way a captain.

I know Kenny bangs in a few for us but it would be good to see a team without him doing his headless chicken impersonation.

Tav? Nuff said really. Not for me.

We'll get pumped again but learn from it and go forward again next week.

I heard their CEO got great odds on Rangers winning 3-0 mind you and two of their players getting booked :whistle:

28 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Just picked up a ticket there. Staff saying approx 20k tickets sold so far.

I know it was unscheduled, it's the Fair and many are unconvinced but it's only 15 quid. I hoped for at least 30k which looks unlikely.

Poor imo.

Said this would happen earlier in the week on a previous thread.

15 quid for an unscheduled friendly is pretty steep. I've bought a season ticket for years but are league matches not £24 or something? They could've sold a lot more tickets if it was £5 for adults and child in for free for example, or even free to those who have already bought their ST's, get the support back on side, with a packed stadium and maybe give the players a bit of a lift.

What we've ended up with now is a friendly against a pretty decent european team playing against our lads who's confidence will already be shot to shit after the last few weeks, in a half empty Ibrox. 

Seems like a pretty pointless game tbh and will only add fuel to the fire that we are in a bad place, especially if we get a pumping (which is very possible)

27 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Said this would happen earlier in the week on a previous thread.

15 quid for an unscheduled friendly is pretty steep. I've bought a season ticket for years but are league matches not £24 or something? They could've sold a lot more tickets if it was £5 for adults and child in for free for example, or even free to those who have already bought their ST's, get the support back on side, with a packed stadium and maybe give the players a bit of a lift.

What we've ended up with now is a friendly against a pretty decent european team playing against our lads who's confidence will already be shot to shit after the last few weeks, in a half empty Ibrox. 

Seems like a pretty pointless game tbh and will only add fuel to the fire that we are in a bad place, especially if we get a pumping (which is very possible)

I'd prefer we played this; we used to play matches like this all the time, and they are good for getting the players match ready once the season starts. It should be a good game, taking the competitive edge aside.

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

I'd prefer we played this; we used to play matches like this all the time, and they are good for getting the players match ready once the season starts. It should be a good game, taking the competitive edge aside.

I don't mind the match, if it had been arranged around a month ago then fair enough, it's the shortness of it.

Preferably, these players/manager need a team where we can score 4/5 past them and get a bit of confidence going, at the moment this might come at the wrong time for these guys.

1 minute ago, Valance1690 said:

I don't mind the match, if it had been arranged around a month ago then fair enough, it's the shortness of it.

Preferably, these players/manager need a team where we can score 4/5 past them and get a bit of confidence going, at the moment this might come at the wrong time for these guys.

I agree with this, and is there room for a game like that I wonder, before the season starts?