***Official Rangers V Marseille thread***

MrMckee

Did really well. Tav and Candeias linked well, Dorrans was good, Herrera looks like he'll be a good hold up striker, and I think the only reason morelos doesn't start before Miller is that he just not quite as clever as Kenny either in his attacking runs or when we are pressing the defence otherwise I think Morelos looks lively, I think given game time he would score plenty. 

It's nice to be able to write a positive review for a while. Thought that the team played really well. Dorrans, tav, Bruno, were solid and I hope that we can start to get some fluidity in the team and that will lead to better creativity in the final third. Plenty of positives to come out of this match and certainly something to build on for the start of the season. 

2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Kevin Thomson said during that game "it looks like a team of.men now"

That summed it up.for me.

I think Ryan jack.has the look of a player who's going to.be a bit of an unsung hero. He just mops things up.in there 

Kevin Thomson is going to make a decent manager one day I reckon. He is good on the commentary. 

I think Ryan jack.has the look of a player who's going to.be a bit of an unsung hero. He just mops things up.in there 

He looks like he has a cool head on him too. That short lad in their team dived and ref never gave a FK so he sprinted towards Jack and put himself into him. Jack won the throw but could see he was a bit pissed but just let it go and jogged on. 

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

Really like Jack. Alves is a rock. Dorrans almost tried too hard if that makes sense. Tav had cracking game. Candeias will be dangerous. Thought Wallace and Miller were bit off the pace. Cardoso solid enough. Dalcio and Windass Naw.

Best bit was Kev Thomson ripping the ref a new arsehole for the entire commentary. He clearly has history with him!!

Jack will be the new thomson.... Does the dirty side of the game knows what hes good at. Wins the ball and gives it to the players that are paid to make the difference 

I'd still like to see Morelos play in place of Miller as I think he'll benefit greatly from playing alongside Herrera.

First half I thought we came into it really well and we definitely were the better side. Second half we lost our way and I feel that Herrera coming off when he did was a mistake and if anyone should have been off it should have been Miller.

By the time we made the last few subs we were sitting deeper and deeper so never really got to see much of Pena on the ball apart from that nice touch that set up Dalcio to run into 3 men and lose the ball.

I could see from the St Johnstone and that things were changing and hopefully people have seen enough to see the type of football we are moving towards and why it will take a bit of time.

Jack and Dorrans looks a great partnership and the defence did well (though Wallace and Tav still not seeing their man unmarked dbehind them at times though Tav dispossessing Payet twice like he did will do his confidence wonders)

7 minutes ago, stewaj3 said:

I thought tav was excellent. Made a number of good challenges. Was up and down the pitch some decent attacking play down that right hand side. Feel if candeias plays, it will give both he and tav more space. Thought Wallace and Tav looked a lot better than they have done recently.

The concerns are still how we do against a team who put 10 behind the ball, can we break them down, can we provide service to our strikers?

Kevin Thomson called it right when he was talking about the defence pushing up. We need to do that. If our defence sits deep, it limits the midfield, so hopefully the defence can hold a higher line this year.

Yeah but he still makes the mistake of misreading the situation and moving inside when defending and leaving his man free at the back post. He did ok though but lucky he didn't cost us a goal near the end

Tav that is

Finally got RTV working around half an hour in to the game. Was impressed with what I saw. Defended well for the most part and kept the ball well against a high quality side. Was impressed with Tavernier, Candeias and Dorrans the most. Kranjcar's free kick was a peach. 

1 minute ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Yeah but he still makes the mistake of misreading the situation and moving inside when defending and leaving his man free at the back post. He did ok though but lucky he didn't cost us a goal near the end

Tav that is

When did this happen? I don't really remember it to be honest. 

I think he did well. I agree overall though that his defending can be questionable

1 minute ago, Captain Hilts said:

Finally got RTV working around half an hour in to the game. Was impressed with what I saw. Defended well for the most part and kept the ball well against a high quality side. Was impressed with Tavernier, Candeias and Dorrans the most. Kranjcar's free kick was a peach. 

What's the new HD format like?