***Official Rangers V Marseille thread***

MrMckee

Just now, Misteral said:

If we are to create a stir this season we need a couple of more signings but happier today overall. 

i would like Walker, he can get forward and get goals.  Id like another forward too as i would rather see Kenny on the bench. Kenny starting every game shows we need another forward. 

1 minute ago, Captain Hilts said:

Finally got RTV working around half an hour in to the game. Was impressed with what I saw. Defended well for the most part and kept the ball well against a high quality side. Was impressed with Tavernier, Candeias and Dorrans the most. Kranjcar's free kick was a peach. 

I still can't get on, I wan't to email them to complain.  :angry:

1 minute ago, duffy2391 said:

What's the new HD format like?

Watched on my phone so didn't really notice the HD. 

1 minute ago, cstamomusa said:

I still can't get on, I wan't to email them to complain.  :angry:

Probably get more chance of a response if you tweet them if you're on Twitter. 

6 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

Kevin Thomson is going to make a decent manager one day I reckon. He is good on the commentary. 

Isnt he. He talks well. He knows the scottish game well. Was impressed with what he said.

Really pleased with that performance, can`t too far ahead of ourselves as the European result still leaves a sick taste but I think there we saw a significant improvement and all round coherent shape. Full backs and in general the defensive line looked like an actual unit and far more solid, the midfield 4 is more compact allowing us to press easier and Candeias seems willing to cover for Tav when he pushes forward. Kranjcar looked decent on the wing despite not being his natural position as he didn`t have much defensive responsibility and others on the park created space for him. Up front Miller came across as the weak link unfortunately but I liked that Herrera certainly had a presence without getting much service, Morelos looked lively as well when he came on.

All in all its a good performance to build off of and I think in an ideal world we need another striker, winger and possibly even extra CB cover. Really hope we stick to that formation.

In the car on the way home.

Thought we were pretty decent, without making too many clear cut chances. Tav, Candeias and Jack were excellent. We look a solid unit. 

Thought Wallace was ok, but still suspect defensively and Miller was shite again. If we're to do anything this year Miller (and Krancjar in away games) can't be regular starters. 

And big Bruno absolutely strolled it. 

Thoroughly enjoyed that which I wasn't expecting to be honest. Thought the majority of players played very well. I think having Bruno in the side breeds confidence in the rest of the team. Cardoso and Tav looked solid also. Wallace maybe a little off the pace at times defensively in a positional sense but I thought all in all we looked far more solid in defence and midfield. Lots of work to be done going forward but I think there were some really encouraging signs even there. Candeias can deliver a great cross and Niko pings the ball with such accuracy along with intricate skill - we actually have some real quality this season. Get Jamie Walker in on the other wing. The sooner Morelos gets off the mark the better as I like the look of him. 

Thought that was good today. Tav put in some cracking tackles, Jack and Dorrans look good together as well. I think if big Bruno was still on he would have stopped them scoring, Wilson didn't get close enough to him.

Niko was good as well. All positive apart from Pena who touched the ball once I think.Would like to see more of him.

18 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

I thought Wallace had a decent game. Starting to make those lung busting runs again and the tackle on the right-back at the end was superb. 

I actually thought he was our worst player. Every time he's on the ball I have the overriding feeling he'l give it away and we'l be caught out. 

Just now, Basrah Bear said:

Thought that was good today. Tav put in some cracking tackles, Jack and Dorrans look good together as well. I think if big Bruno was still on he would have stopped them scoring, Wilson didn't get close enough to him.

Niko was good as well. All positive apart from Pena who touched the ball once I think.Would like to see more of him.

Pena and Windass, were the two negatives but honestly there have been enough negatives, today is about the positives. Alves could be the catalyst Pedro needed