***Official Rangers V Marseille thread***

MrMckee

15 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

I don't think its in question that he shores up the defence but with that confidence in the back four you can see the midfield more relaxed as well. Tav got forward with confidence too 

Agreed. Tavs looked dangerous going forwards.

Much better performance after that European debacle.  Knocking the ball about is all fine and well it's just getting it up the park and that looked a lot better today.  Candeias looked like he could be a player and put in a real shift.  

Based on previous form I can't help but think Morelos will get goals once he's gotten that first one out of the way.  

Much happier after watching that today. We looked much more confident on the ball and actually like a team of footballers. 

We need to get more ruthless in front of goal though. didn't see all the game, so didn't really see what/if anything Herrera has to offer. Candeas can put a decent ball in, but we need one striker to go near post and the other to the middle or back post. 

Pena didn't get many/if any touches, and looked like he didn't know where to go, but I guess that will come.

I was really impressed with our shape and tempo when Bruno was on. We looked solid at the back and I don't remember being worried when they were attacking. I'm sure if that team that started is our first team, then we will be alright! 

1 minute ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Loads

Nae factual stories though

Just waiting for today's gate receipts to pay the rest of the fee. Plus King was checking Ciaxhina had a plan. It's in the bag. I'm in the know you know. That's a true fact. In fact it's literally a true fact. Literally.

First half we were by far the better side

thought candeias and tav looked a great pairing as did alves and cardoso,  jack and dorrans also.

piece of magic from niko for the goal

danny wilsons murder for the goal

hererra looked hungry as fuck and i think will prove to be a good signing

6 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I wasn't too excited about Herrera when he signed but thought he was impressive today. I can definitely see him causing the defenders in our league a lot of problems this season.

A thought he was mince tbh

Tav was superb 

Just now, ben51 said:

Missed the game due to work. 

Read some positive reviews which is nice. 

How did the new boys get on? Particularly Dorrans and Herrera?

miller and tavernier were the worst players so that says something especially for miller who got us out of some tight corners last season. candeias(?) was really good and stood out. big bruno was brilliant and the game kinda went downhill a bit when he went off. kranjcar looks promising (finally).

Hopefully they can take this performance into the training with them, a team that the new foreign players actually recognise and they now know that they can perform well against. Good to see improvements and if it can build morale and as we seen between Tav and Candeias show how effective building partnerships on the pitch can be it will hopefully help with the gelling process and we can focus on the final product.

6 hours ago, buster. said:

Amelia, the French fitbaw guru predicts 1-1 with Fanni scoring at both ends.

tumblr_m34oy5xah01r9onlto1_500.jpg

And you all thought I was bullshitting and looking for any excuse to post a pic......:cheerio:

No, Amelia is a genuine fitbaw guru as well as having other useful qualities..