Realistic Expectation Next Season

Rangers Finishing Position 2017/8  

336 members have voted

1. 1. What position will we hold in the league at the end of the 2017/8 season?

• First
    • Second
    • Third
    • Fourth
    • Fifth
    • Lower than Fifth

7 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Because we never should accept second place regardless.

Our standards must be first no matter what and we must demand it.

Reality - noun

1The state of things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional idea of them.

‘he refuses to face reality’

‘Laura was losing touch with reality’

26 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

So you are not confident, are holding on desperately to the hope, yet in terms of the definition of expectation condider 1st with a strong belief that this will happen or be the case.

Ok.

Thanks 

I didn't say I voted first because I had a strong belief that this will happen but because it is what Rangers should always expect. I think it is clear from the rest of my post I am not confident of us being 1st.

If we finish second but are within 10pts of Celtic that would be a good season for us.  We finished 39pts behind them last year and narrowing the gap by as much as 29pts would be a huge improvement from us.  If we can get a coupe of quality wide players in before the end of the window I think we can do just that. 

27 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

If we finish second but are within 10pts of Celtic that would be a good season for us.  We finished 39pts behind them last year and narrowing the gap by as much as 29pts would be a huge improvement from us.  If we can get a coupe of quality wide players in before the end of the window I think we can do just that. 

No it isn't.

I just don't know where we'll finish up this season. Normally I'd say 1st, but we've not been normal for a few years now. I'd like for us to win something this year, finish a lot closer to Them, and beat Them at least once in the league. I do think that, on paper, we've got some decent players in our squad this year, Pedro needs to get them performing well, and instill a winning mentality. No more draws with, Ross County, Motherwell, and Hamilton, at home. Ibrox must be a fortress once more, other teams should fear coming to Ibrox. We have a certain standard to maintain, as a football club, don't want another season of disappointing results...

2 hours ago, Johnny Dangerously said:

2nd to those papist bastards is last.

Alwayas has been.

since when has it not been?

Not in my lifetime, which is NOW

fuck the rest of you settling for 2nd 3rd 4 th best.

GTF

Your expectation level is idealistic, not realistic.  Celtic are spending at least twice as much on player assets and are streets ahead of us in terms of quality.  We can't currently compete with them which is why we finished 39pts behind them last season.  Hopefully we'll make progress and reach a point whereby we can compete but we're not there now.  You can't ignore that reality and simply say 'aye, but we're Rangers and I expect us tae win!' :lol: 

7 hours ago, Brubear said:

I didn't say I voted first because I had a strong belief that this will happen but because it is what Rangers should always expect. I think it is clear from the rest of my post I am not confident of us being 1st.

So you voted 1st which is not your realistic expectation after all then......

2 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Your expectation level is idealistic, not realistic.  Celtic are spending at least twice as much on player assets and are streets ahead of us in terms of quality.  We can't currently compete with them which is why we finished 39pts behind them last season.  Hopefully we'll make progress and reach a point whereby we can compete but we're not there now.  You can't ignore that reality and simply say 'aye, but we're Rangers and I expect us tae win!' :lol: 

Exactly.

No reason, no justification, no logic. 

Just because.

7 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

If we finish second but are within 10pts of Celtic that would be a good season for us.  

This! Add in a cup final and 1/2 victories against celtic it would be a huge improvement.

4 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Yeah so fuck. I know what state we are in, ya dick. I will never accept 2nd or 3rd or 4 th or 5 th best though.