On This Day 1998

StewGer

My third ever European away if you can call it that after the disasters of Gothenburg and Strasbourg away the year before ... I thought I was a fucking Jinx until we got our act together in that second half 

10 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

My third ever European away if you can call it that after the disasters of Gothenburg and Strasbourg away the year before ... I thought I was a fucking Jinx until we got our act together in that second half 

Gothenburg was horrendous, my girlfriend at the time was from there, to make matters more painful :no:

Thanks for the trip down memory lane OP..Highlights were that silly taig Morley giving it the big slow-motion genuflection when he scored to make it 3 nil..:wanker:..Then Ian Ferguson comes on and 30 seconds later puts one of the opposition up in the air.. Showed some real fight that night and a reminder how good Amato was.. 

Was in a boozer in Spain watching this with my dad as a youngster excited to see our new top class expensive signings play..... 0-3 down thinking wtf is going on here :lol: would have ruined the holiday that pish .... great comeback and massive relief in the end then week later we lost at hearts..... who would have then thought we would go onto win the treble that year and what a tremendous season it ended up...:UK:

19 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

Thanks for the trip down memory lane OP..Highlights were that silly taig Morley giving it the big slow-motion genuflection when he scored to make it 3 nil..:wanker:..Then Ian Ferguson comes on and 30 seconds later puts one of the opposition up in the air.. Showed some real fight that night and a reminder how good Amato was.. 

Fergies tackle was class you could just imagine him muttering "take this ya fenian cunt" as he blootered him in the air :lol:....

57 minutes ago, wearethepeople1 said:

I was in Spain watching this ??

we got beat from hearts 2-1 in first league game a week or so later, remember thinking what the Fuck is that advocaat guy all about ?

Was that Hearts game not a draw? Rod Wallace equaliser? Or is my memory playing tricks?

Me and my mate were working in Kendall at the time and decided to go to it . Nobody had any spare tickets so decided to see if the security guy could get us in to which he pointed to a gate and said you can pay in there ! 

The stand was full of locals and fans from Liverpool and it was just weird hearing The Sash etc in scouse accents .