'Five Captains'.

2 minutes ago, ronniescu said:

Check the dictionary. Commenting on someone's ability has nothing to do with "respect" or the possible lack thereof.

I don't need to check any dictionaries Ronnie, just you leave captain Waldo alone, he is a standout in this team.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

He had a poor game yesterday IMO but he's certainly not pish :lol:

Tbf mate if he has a poor game every week but produces a bit of magic(the touch round Luiz Gustavo who fouled him) to win a FK and bags it then I won't be complaining! 

Thats the thing about guys like Niko and why I definitely feel he has a big part to play this season - they can produce a moment of brilliance out of nothing to win a game

3 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Tbf mate if he has a poor game every week but produces a bit of magic(the touch round Luiz Gustavo who fouled him) to win a FK and bags it then I won't be complaining! 

Thats the thing about guys like Niko and why I definitely feel he has a big part to play this season - they can produce a moment of brilliance out of nothing to win a game

Good post mate.

I think perhaps, because he is capable of that bit of magic, people expect it off him constantly during the game.

He is coming back off a long lay off and will be working on his fitness and that will be affecting his game to an extent, if we get him fully fit then we have an exceptional player (by Scottish standards) on our hands.

8 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Can't disagree with that mate.

2 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Good post mate.

I think perhaps, because he is capable of that bit of magic, people expect it off him constantly during the game.

He is coming back off a long lay off and will be working on his fitness and that will be affecting his game to an extent, if we get him fully fit then we have an exceptional player (by Scottish standards) on our hands.

I don't think he's far off being fully fit tbh so I wouldn't expect much improvement there. Keeping him as fit as he is currently will be the challenge for us but I still agree with your point, he can be an exceptional player for us.

8 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Can't disagree with that mate.

I don't think he's far off being fully fit tbh so I wouldn't expect much improvement there. Keeping him as fit as he is currently will be the challenge for us but I still agree with your point, he can be an exceptional player for us.

There's fit then there is match fit and that's what he is lacking in imo.

Once he get's his sharpness, and lets not forget he has to learn about his new team mates like they do him, he will be a huge asset.

Take your point mate, keeping him fit could be an issue, i really hope we do, he has a big point to prove to everybody in Scottish football (us included) and i hope to fuck he does it.

When i had that run in with my sisters boyfriend, he was laughing and sniggering when casting up that i predicted Niko would be a brilliant player for us, how i would love to go back to him next season and ram his fenian sneers down his rat throat.

1 minute ago, plumbGER said:

There's fit then there is match fit and that's what he is lacking in imo.

Once he get's his sharpness, and lets not forget he has to learn about his new team mates like they do him, he will be a huge asset.

Take your point mate, keeping him fit could be an issue, i really hope we do, he has a big point to prove to everybody in Scottish football (us included) and i hope to fuck he does it.

When i had that run in with my sisters boyfriend, he was laughing and sniggering when casting up that i predicted Niko would be a brilliant player for us, how i would love to go back to him next season and ram his fenian sneers down his rat throat.

Once the new players start to settle in and they build that familiarity with each other then I think we'll notice a big difference from last season. In Candeias we now have a winger that's capable of doing something with Krancjar's long passes and actually getting some quality deliveries into the box.

Last season he never really looked up to speed and then the injury finished his season but he's looked reasonably sharp since coming back and that will hopefully improve with more game time. I think he'll be a key player for us and could be for a couple of seasons if he stays injury free.

2 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Once the new players start to settle in and they build that familiarity with each other then I think we'll notice a big difference from last season. In Candeias we now have a winger that's capable of doing something with Krancjar's long passes and actually getting some quality deliveries into the box.

Last season he never really looked up to speed and then the injury finished his season but he's looked reasonably sharp since coming back and that will hopefully improve with more game time. I think he'll be a key player for us and could be for a couple of seasons if he stays injury free.

Candeias' deliveries were really good in the first half, he looks a more industrious winger rather than a box of tricks but i liked how he looked to deliver the ball early rather than fannying about taking a touch and letting the defence regroup etc.

He was a glimmer of hope yesterday along with Cardoso and Alves looking really strong at the back, i thought it would be Alves coaching Cardoso through the game but the young player was very vocal and marshalling the defence well.

When Wilson came on for Alves we immediately looked weaker and i detected a hint of animosity between him and Wallace after a misplaced pass, leave that shit for the dressing room and get your shit together when you are on the pitch.

7 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Candeias' deliveries were really good in the first half, he looks a more industrious winger rather than a box of tricks but i liked how he looked to deliver the ball early rather than fannying about taking a touch and letting the defence regroup etc.

He was a glimmer of hope yesterday along with Cardoso and Alves looking really strong at the back, i thought it would be Alves coaching Cardoso through the game but the young player was very vocal and marshalling the defence well.

When Wilson came on for Alves we immediately looked weaker and i detected a hint of animosity between him and Wallace after a misplaced pass, leave that shit for the dressing room and get your shit together when you are on the pitch.

I noticed that with Wallace and Wilson too. There was a wee bit of finger pointing between them after we conceded as well.

We definitely looked more vulnerable when Wilson came on. It was as if the Marseille players saw Alves going off and thought right that's it we can attack them now. Cardoso still looked solid enough even without Alves at his side though.

I thought Wallace done okay yesterday, he was actually tackling people which shocked me. 

Tav the same, probably the best I've seen him play defensively. Several times Payet tried to get past him and he didn't get much joy - if any. If he can keep that up he could be a big player for us this season. 

Kranjcar I thought was ok, showed his brilliance in flashes and if he can stay fit he could be real asset in the league. We obviously won't come up against that level of opposition every week so I think Kranjcar could a useful player to have. 

Miller, one to forget. 

3 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I noticed that with Wallace and Wilson too. There was a wee bit of finger pointing between them after we conceded as well.

We definitely looked more vulnerable when Wilson came on. It was as if the Marseille players saw Alves going off and thought right that's it we can attack them now. Cardoso still looked solid enough even without Alves at his side though.

Yes that aswell, Wallace ended up turning his back on Wilson and was shaking his head at him.

I said when Wilson came on that he is a very complacent player and with better options now he might step his game up a bit, then the goal happened:lol:

4 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Yes that aswell, Wallace ended up turning his back on Wilson and was shaking his head at him.

I said when Wilson came on that he is a very complacent player and with better options now he might step his game up a bit, then the goal happened:lol:

I just don't rate him at all, I'd actually prefer Bates to be brought on instead of him whenever we need to take either Alves or Cardoso out.

16 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I just don't rate him at all, I'd actually prefer Bates to be brought on instead of him whenever we need to take either Alves or Cardoso out.

I'd prefer the other Wilson if i'm honest, the problem with filling in for someone of Alves pedigree you are always going to look inferior.

5 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

I'd prefer the other Wilson if i'm honest, the problem with filling in for someone of Alves pedigree you are always going to look inferior.

Aye that's a fair point. Hopefully the younger boys will improve with the experience of training and playing alongside Alves.

Danny Wilson, although he's still quite young, isnt going to improve much though imo.

1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Yes. I'd very much like it if I never had to see Danny Wilson or Rob Kiernan playing for us again.

1 of them seems to be heading for the exit already so just need his pal to follow him now.

Fuck Kiernan. 

Wilson is a good enough back up option imo, and is certainly a lot better than Bates.

2 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Yes. I'd very much like it if I never had to see Danny Wilson or Rob Kiernan playing for us again.

1 of them seems to be heading for the exit already so just need his pal to follow him now.

I personally think Danny just needs experience next to him and he will learn. Rob is a gonner in my book but as I say all personal opinion.

1 minute ago, Malvern said:

I personally think Danny just needs experience next to him and he will learn. Rob is a gonner in my book but as I say all personal opinion.

To be fair he's nearly 26 and has around 200 competitive games under his belt already. He's not the raw youngster that's still learning the game anymore, he's now an experienced player and still not very good so I don't think we can make that excuse for him anymore.

4 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Fuck Kiernan. 

Wilson is a good enough back up option imo, and is certainly a lot better than Bates.

Bates or Aidan Wilson for me, they might not be as good as Danny Wilson currently but they are still young and gaining experience.

Danny Wilson is a liability and not likely to get any better imo.

On 2017-7-22 at 2:03 PM, RDFM said:

Id pish myself laughing if I was a footballer and Kranjcar was my captain. 

You'd say something to him and he'd run out of breath trying to catch you. 

Mind that time, just the other day, you said you've seen Herrera enough in his career to know he's shite. 

:belm:

47 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Aye that's a fair point. Hopefully the younger boys will improve with the experience of training and playing alongside Alves.

Danny Wilson, although he's still quite young, isnt going to improve much though imo.

Well it shouldn't do them any harm i wouldn't think.

Bates is raw as anything but he has some good attributes, whether he has it in him to play for us long term we shall find out this season i'd imagine.