'Five Captains'.

10 minutes ago, wullyRFC said:

You can stop making completly far fetched shite up now  no one is as thick as you to believe you okay dokay pally wally :tu:

I suggest you take some pills before your blood pressure gets too high mate. 

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Well he was an international player playing in the lower divisions so it wasn't exactly a stretch for him to be consistent 

I think you support my point. Keysersoze's description of Wallace is completely contrary to the fact he was still in and around the Scotland squad despite playing at a lower level. My observation is that his game went off the boil when he was given the armband, which he got in recognition of his previous strong performances. Whether his performances would have gone backwards under Warburton regardless of the Captaincy we will never know but if we remove that burden we might have a better player in our squad. That is all I am suggesting. 

• 4 weeks later...

So how many are being the captain Pedro hoped them to be?

To succeed, I'd be expecting them to be excelling in their own role, and / or inspiring and driving others to do so in their own.

Those he inherited: Wallace, Miller, Niko - fail. No two ways about it.

Those he signed: Alves, Dorrans. Debatable. I'd likely say pass, just, due to Dorrans v Motherwell and Alves winning most challenges.

But very much borderline.

I think unfortunately in the weeks Pedro was here last season, he bought into the hype 're Miller that most on here were guilty of. He also clearly expected more off one guy who is past it and the other who is just not a great full back defensively or offensively.

The new guys have only been here weeks so I expect much more. The other 3, two can just go, and if we can't get a LB in I'd honestly rather see Beerman in there.

Regardless, we're miles off having 5 captains or leaders on the park and this needs to be addressed or no tinkering (or dare I say managerial change ) will sort out our season.