• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Ger_onimo said:

Tbf, he's taken a lot of slagging off the back of our recent friendlies. Only fair to give credit here.

That's why I made the thread. There's a lot of negativity and people demanding he leaves due to our pre season results. Credit where it's due. Pedro's team just went toe to toe with a much better team and looked the better side. 

1 minute ago, rangerslion said:

That's why I made the thread. There's a lot of negativity and people demanding he leaves due to our pre season results. Credit where it's due. Pedro's team just went toe to toe with a much better team and looked the better side. 

Celtic, Aberdeen and Progres, not pre season results.

If we're going to slate him for the bad performances we can give him credit for the good ones. We looked really organised today and stood up well against a team a class or two above us. 4-4-2 may be the way forward

You gotta give credit where it's due that was a great result and a decent performance. 

One criticism would be lacking that killer edge final third but you can't be unhappy at drawing with Marseille and playing to a decent standard and as I said in another thread you can't criticise Pedro for St Johnstone and TNA and not give him credit for that - so kudos.

I am someone who never says friendlies don't matter. If your a Rangers fan you should want to see us win or do well at all times even if it's a friendly.

to flip it though, anyone that says the previous pre season results didn't matter in defence of Pedro but raves about today wants to make up their mind as I can see the comments now.

That doesn't make up for previous results and criticisms but what it should do is give us confidence going into the start of the season. They need to take heart from that. 

Good work out, performance and result. Good days work. 

4 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Celtic, Aberdeen and Progres, not pre season results.

The first two were MWs squad. The third we're still in transition to Pedro's squad and it looks like it came to early for us. We'll probably lose again mate sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Finally looked like we had a system. We were solid and looked much more composed. The back four strolled it, can only assume thats the Alves influence. The midfield was comfortable although Dorrans will get better. As usual the forward line let us down. 

All in all the first signs of encouragement in months

15 minutes ago, rangerslion said:

Never ever try and be positive on this forum ever again. It is full of miserable Puritanical Orange bastards.

21 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

Finally looked like we had a system. We were solid and looked much more composed. The back four strolled it, can only assume thats the Alves influence. The midfield was comfortable although Dorrans will get better. As usual the forward line let us down. 

All in all the first signs of encouragement in months

Alves looked like he was cajoling the entire back line. I think we have a real leader there.

21 minutes ago, rangerslion said:

The first two were MWs squad. The third we're still in transition to Pedro's squad and it looks like it came to early for us. We'll probably lose again mate sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

See this is just a load of rubbish and i'm going to call it out every time I see it on here. The two results against Celtic were terrible because the first was meek and the second he set the team up the same way and we got pumped. 

Re Progres no matter when we play the 4th team from Luxembourg we should win. 

16 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

This 100%^^^

My main concern is I don't think we've improved in the final third and still lack creativity which is going to costs us points throughout the season. There was many games last season the scum struggled but their attacking trio turned potential defeats and draws into wins. Also many games we dropped points due to poor finishing. Kilmarnock, Hamilton, Ross County, Dundee etc 

Very true .

As much as we played well today there's no denying we lacked that cutting edge . I'm hoping it will come once the players get to know each other that much better , and as much as I hate criticising anyone it seems to me that time has caught up with Kenny Miller . Been great for us but I dont see him lasting much longer . Hopefully Morales can step up to the plate in that position .