• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Bakbear said:

Hope has been sparked today

not yet for me,  i am sick of getting hopeful and then having my baws booted.   the last few years have taken a ton of my optimism away.   A few good results at the start of the season, and I might dare to hope again.

The important thing is it looked like we had a gameplan. We had a system that wasn't all over the park, a solid spine to the team and a bit of desire and aggression - they looked like they couldn't handle how physical we were. Add to that the balls from deep from Alves/Kranjcar to Candeias and you can see something developing.

Basically, we wanted to see progress from previous games, and that was progress.

3 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Played well but thought the frogs were poor.

In fairness, we put them under a lot of pressure by chasing them down and getting physical, but definitely it was the case that whenever they passed it around their midfield we were chasing shadows, couldn't get near them. They grew into the game more towards the end.

No doubt they are a much better team than we are but we looked solid and did well to nullify them when they got into our half.

6 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Played well but thought the frogs were poor.

We played like it was a meaningful game, they played like it was an early pre-season friendly. This group of player has much to prove so I am glad we went full on

I thought we played excellent today.  I also thought we played very well against St Johnstone in the first half. 

You can see a proper shape and rhythm building within this team now and I have no doubts that a couple more weeks of pre-season will see us off to a good start. This is the first time in two years where we've had a respectable amount of pre season training. 

Excited to see more of Herrera. Said it when we signed him that I thought he'd be one of the most important players for us due to his height and build. Big, strong strikers usually always do well in this league. 

I think Caixinha's going to make a few people eat their words.

17 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

A friendly :lol:.Well done pedro? . Things have been so bad these last 6 years . We are congratulating our Manager for picking a team for a friendly . Jesus

This place went absolutely tonto when St Johnstone beat us after a defensive mix-up. It is only fair that when we play well we applaud the manager and team.

Thought we played well first half ... though lost direction again in the final third .... second half was slightly better but we definitely need pace down the left flank ... real pace .... and someone deadly who knows how to get the ball in the net as we are weak as hell in that department

All in all a game that gave us a chance to see what we have signed up ... and it showed good signs of improvement ... but needs to be a lot better in the final third in open play.

Niko's goal was a cracker and the highlight of a good performance from him ... he definitely needs a target man with pace that he can feed ... or his insightful passing is mostly wasted otherwise.

Tav was also on the money today as was Fod .... Bruno and Fabio made it look easy ... and I expect we will see more sound performances from them that will solidify our back line.

Dorrans seems to fit nicely into his role and will obviously get better as the team gels .... him and Jack were solid as was Wallace.

Up front .... though hard working and energetic .... is still a problem that needs to be solved and quickly .... as this lets down any hard work from the other areas of the field and defeats the purpose ... which is to win.

Hopefully out of the forwards on display today ..... Morelos ... Millar ... Candeias .... Herrera and Dalcio ... some pairing from within them will gel .... and the goals will start to flow .... as this needs to happen very quickly now .... obviously.

So yes .... well done Pedro ... the improved performance today against a good side was commendable .... now all that's needed is to keep up the momentum and turn this squad into a winning team.

:UK:

Never mind all this pish we played great today, I want 9 points from the first 3 league games as this manager needs to produce in those 3 games as he has already cost us dearly against the beggers and in Europe and I for one won't be happy until he produces in the games that matter 

2 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Never mind all this pish we played great today, I want 9 points from the first 3 league games as this manager needs to produce in those 3 games as he has already cost us dearly against the beggers and in Europe and I for one won't be happy until he produces in the games that matter 

Today and Sunday to me are just a kick about and yes we need 3 from 3.

Arise, sir pedro!

Done well today. Just a shame that we showed more desire in a meaningless friendly than we did in a euro qualifier. Nothing to do with fitness or not gelling, we just werent up for it and were second to everything. Based on that performace today we may just have done a little better in europe than any of us thought we would.