Next two matches = key indicators of where we are

Dlydon81

3 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Sorry mate . the next 2 games mean diddly squat . The true test is we kick off with some competitive games

I agree! I'm just looking for some indicators at this stage.  I still feel that two good battling performances against two English sides will tell us more than yesterday's decent outing against a good skilful French team.

5 hours ago, Dlydon81 said:

I agree! I'm just looking for some indicators at this stage.  I still feel that two good battling performances against two English sides will tell us more than yesterday's decent outing against a good skilful French team.

Maybe so .The team that starts in first league game should be Pedros strongest in his eyes .

That's when I think we can start to really judge .

I think we are miles short of what's required and I mean miles

It is going to be exactly like last season

We are miles short in attacking areas which is a disgrace for me

Yesterday was a huge indicator ffs.

We had good shape, were defensively strong, created chances and didn't look out of place against a very good french outfit.

Their players are far better than most teams we'll face. And they were hardly treating it like a friendly, they wanted to win.

Folk seem quite happy glossing over what they would have pounced on with huge criticism if we had been beaten.

1 hour ago, Smile said:

We still need strikers we could have played all day yesterday and not scored from open play.

Drop Miller from yesterday's starting 11, play Herrera and Morelos up front, and see how we get on.

Miller was a man down again yesterday.

18 hours ago, Jakes Pal said:

Quite simply it is vital that Niko stays fit. He can peel apart even the most compact of defences with one pass. Oh how we missed him last season

It wouldn't have made any difference, Waghorn would still be trying to control the ball