Things to take from todays game

rosco88

42 minutes ago, rosco88 said:

1. We are nowhere near as bad as some would have us believe. We were playing a team flush with money and consisting of several £10-£20 million pound players. We were every bit as good.

2. We have the best centre back and best centre mid in scotland in Bruno Alves and Niko Kranjcar. Alves was excellent alongside cardoso, he read the game brilliantly, won everything in the air and his passing was spot on. Niko never broke out of a jog but played several 40+ yard passes without even looking up. He tied a couple of marseille players in knots and scored a screamer. People slate him because hes slow-newsflash...hes always been slow but hes the best in scotland by a mile in terms of technical ability.

3. Our support need to stop overreacting. Aye the europa result was a nightmare, if we lift the league title next May then it will be a distant irrelevance.

WATP

we beat Marseille 1 1 and secured the 3 points needed to get through into the final against Sheffield Wednesday next week for the ashes

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Dorrans is better cause he can actually run

Dont kid yourself on. Dorrans is nowhere near kranjkar in terms of ability and was average at best today. To add to that, Ricky Foster was rapid...should we chuck him in as well??? 

Guest Lloyd72
5 minutes ago, rosco88 said:

Dont kid yourself on. Dorrans is nowhere near kranjkar in terms of ability and was average at best today.

If you think Kranjcar is the best in the league you're deluding yourself 

Just now, Lloyd72 said:

If you think Kranjcar is the best in the league you're deluding yourself 

So answer me, who is better in terms of technical ability? Pace/athleticism doesnt come into this. 

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, rosco88 said:

So answer me, who is better in terms of technical ability? Pace/athleticism doesnt come into this. 

Aye so it disnae, being a footballer has nothing to do with actually being able to move, or having any athletic ability. Ffs

Lots of positives to take from today's game. Alves and Cardosa have the makings of a great partnership. I thought Candieaso looked good, direct and liked to get the ball in early. I was especially impressed by Ryan Jack, thought he was excellent. I was a bit disappointed with Dorrans though, hopefully will see a bit more from him when he builds his fitness and sharpness. I've got a little bit of optimism back ??

1 hour ago, rosco88 said:

1. We are nowhere near as bad as some would have us believe. We were playing a team flush with money and consisting of several £10-£20 million pound players. We were every bit as good.

2. We have the best centre back and best centre mid in scotland in Bruno Alves and Niko Kranjcar. Alves was excellent alongside cardoso, he read the game brilliantly, won everything in the air and his passing was spot on. Niko never broke out of a jog but played several 40+ yard passes without even looking up. He tied a couple of marseille players in knots and scored a screamer. People slate him because hes slow-newsflash...hes always been slow but hes the best in scotland by a mile in terms of technical ability.

3. Our support need to stop overreacting. Aye the europa result was a nightmare, if we lift the league title next May then it will be a distant irrelevance.

WATP

1. Its a friendly and whilst encouraging, we didn't score in open play & we didn't create chances for our strikers. We were up against quality opposition, but they also allowed us more space than we would get against a team in the spl, who tend to sit deep against us and put 10 men behind the ball.

2. Alves has played just over half a game for us, too early to say that, big names have flopped before, but encouraging signs. If you'd just said Niko has the greatest in terms of technical ability I'd agree, but best midfielder in scotland, no he's not, i don't think he's the best at this club. I think he's worth keeping but, there will be games he is anonymous, progres away for example. If he was the best he'd be dominating opposition week in week out, but he doesn't & won't do that. He can win games on his own though and that's a great thing to have in your squad.

3. I didn't see an overreaction, i saw a rightly angry set of fans who couldn't believe we were knocked out by a side that looked like they would struggle in the scottish championship, never mind the premiership. They saw a set of players put in a spineless performance and a defence that looked utterly shambolic. Also see point one about a team who put 10 men behind the ball. We couldn't break them down despite a lot of investment in the transfer window.

What we should take from today is confidence that we held our own against a good side and didn't get beat, there is still plenty of work to do.

3 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Aye so it disnae, being a footballer has nothing to do with actually being able to move, or having any athletic ability. Ffs

You're a fucking ignoramus with nothing to say that actually backs it up ??? Aye o'halloran is athletic and fit. Lets get 11 of him on the pitch. I can see why you're such a joke on here ???? fucking tit ???

1 hour ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

You're*

And he isn't wrong.

You're right about "you're" but you're wrong about MK Dumfries being wrong about Niko. All you have to do is look at those who "liked" Lloyd72's comment. All clueless about real football & real footballers. Niko might be past his best but he will be the man for us this season. Class is permanent. 

2 minutes ago, ronniescu said:

You're right about "you're" but you're wrong about MK Dumfries being wrong about Niko. All you have to do is look at those who "liked" Lloyd72's comment. All clueless about real football & real footballers. Niko might be past his best but he will be the man for us this season. Class is permanent. 

He was near enough walking with the ball today and still strolling past players and pinging 40 yard passes.

Guest Lloyd72
2 minutes ago, rosco88 said:

You're a fucking ignoramus with nothing to say that actually backs it up ??? Aye o'halloran is athletic and fit. Lets get 11 of him on the pitch. I can see why you're such a joke on here ???? fucking tit ???

So you don't need any athleticism or pace at all in football, you're talking a load of shite no matter how many laughing emojis you post it won't prove your point.

Just now, Lloyd72 said:

So you don't need any athleticism or pace at all in football, you're talking a load of shite no matter how many laughing emojis you post it won't prove your point.

Ok. No laughing emojis. You're a fucking nipple. Name a better player than Kranjkar in terms of technical ability. If hes got runners around him hes excellent. Or would you rather have Ian Black??

Guest Lloyd72
5 minutes ago, ronniescu said:

You calling anyone clueless about football is hilarious

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, rosco88 said:

Ok. No laughing emojis. You're a fucking nipple. Name a better player than Kranjkar in terms of technical ability. If hes got runners around him hes excellent. Or would you rather have Ian Black??

I'll take being a nipple because at least that means I'm not completely useless, unlike yourself..

as for in terms of technical ability I don't think there is a better midfielder, but if you're taking into account everything that makes a good CM then he's nowhere near the best

Your sister didnt say I was useless! 

5 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

I'll take being a nipple because at least that means I'm not completely useless, unlike yourself..

as for in terms of technical ability I don't think there is a better midfielder, but if you're taking into account everything that makes a good CM then he's nowhere near the best

Your sister didnt say I was useless!! Besides that, Im stil waiting on you to tell me whos better? Or are you going to name a tim player??

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, rosco88 said:

Your sister didnt say I was useless! 

Your sister didnt say I was useless!! Besides that, Im stilm waiting on you to tell me whos better? Or are you going to name a tim player??

I'm not going to tell you who's better because I'm not gonna go out of my way to praise those cunts, also I don't have a sister, unless you're meaning my gay brother, he seems your type.

HUGE step in the right direction today.  Only a friendly, but played some nice football at times and attacked with pace.  Was only a friendly, but was also the first time we have played with almost a full squad available.  If we play Motherwell like we did today, should get our first 3 points.  Agree about a goal scorer though.  Lets hope one of them can step up and take that role. Niko needs to take better corners or leave them to someone else - 4 in a row he fecked up today from my corner.  But had a good game overall.  Ever so slightly more optimistic about the season ahead than i was at 5 to 3 today.

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, rosco88 said:

Get a life you gimp ???

You won't make any friends here with that attitude, there is no need for the abuse you have given me or other posters please stop it I don't like it

43 minutes ago, siamthedanger said:

It's so obvious we need a goal scorer. I really hope the guys we have brought in are up to the task, not seen anything so far to suggest they are but early days..

I don't think its fair to criticise herrera/morelos as they've not had the service. Its not a goalscorer we need its in my opinion another two wingers to compete with candeias. That and i still feel another CM as there are games where we don't need a dm like jack/rossiter and if we get an injury to niko, dorrans or pena then we are light there in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

I'm not going to tell you who's better because I'm not gonna go out of my way to praise those cunts, also I don't have a sister, unless you're meaning my gay brother, he seems your type.

So you dont have an answer as I suspected. Nah thanks, thats not part of my family but each to their own