Rangers v Marseille highlights

Rambo1872

I don't think that Tav  will be first in the queue for free kicks outside the box anymore. Niko's free kick was a cracker, he may not be the most mobile of players, but he shows his class with the ball at his feet.

Our defence looked really good, until Alves  was subbed, then we looked like our defence of last season.

I never saw Rossiter, but I've forgotten what he looks like. Jack looks good, and Dorrans was fitter than I thought he would be.

We need to start taking our chances up front. I wasn't overly impressed with the finishing of our forwards, at least we're making chances, which is a step forward from last season. We just need to be more clinical in front of goal, but I believe it will come.

All in all I was pleasantly surprised with the performance, and no Waghorn. ??

16 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

Blatant ball watching from Wilson for their goal. He has to attack that cross. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt as he's been out injured for a good while. 

Wilson will need to improve quick or he might not get a lot of game time and might even find that one of the younger lads, Ross McCrorie or Aidan Wilson, will move ahead of him in the pecking order.

15 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

Blatant ball watching from Wilson for their goal. He has to attack that cross. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt as he's been out injured for a good while. 

100%. Wasn't sure at the time, but the highlights confirm it.

14 minutes ago, shaka said:

Wilson will need to improve quick or he might not get a lot of game time and might even find that one of the younger lads, Ross McCrorie or Aidan Wilson, will move ahead of him in the pecking order.

The back up options to Alves and Cardoso don't fill me with confidence at all.

Agree with wilson ball watching. Pretty criminal he didnt get his head to that. I have a good feeling about morelos. He is getting into the right positions and wont be long before he starts banging them in. 

It was good to see persistent tackling today that was stealing balls off the opposition for a change. Mind you the exact opposite of windass can be said because the guy just runs up to players who have the ball, stands 3ft in front of the guy staring at the ball with his mouth open doing some sort of tribal dance. Maybe it is put the opponent into a trance but it never works. 

For me our full backs are still not up to it, watch the build up. Lee Wallace is as much at fault as any, when the ball gets played down the wing he is actually deeper than their goal scorer he then allows the attacker to run off him and by the time he senses danger the attackers about 5 yards away from him and on the run. Tav is actually up towards the half way line, Ryan Jack is trying to protect that area but the quick ball totally takes him out of the game.

This comes pretty soon after Alves leaves the field I have a feeling his ability to organise the defence is going to be crucial.