Caixinha says he feels fans pain from Niederkorn Result

Guest Lloyd72

Guest Lloyd72

PEDRO CAIXINHA has assured Rangers fans he feels their pain after the club’s humiliating Europa League exit.

The Ibrox boss is under huge pressure after Gers’ shameful KO by Progres Niederkorn.

There were signs of improvement in the 1-1 draw with Marseille.

Caixinha said: “I am aware our defeat to Progres Niederkorn was exceptionally painful for every Rangers fan.

“I can assure you that pain is shared by all the players and coaching staff and we will do our utmost to make amends.”

“It hasn’t been difficult to lift the players after Luxembourg. I’m happy with the disappointment we’ve all shown since.

“But we understand it belongs to the past now. We cannot change it.

“But we are confident we can change the course of the future.

“I like new challenges. Of course, we’re not pleased with what happened in Luxembourg, but it’s in the past.

“We need to focus on what’s in front of us and the boys have been brilliant in trying to do that.

“Today was a great game for us to build on that. We weren’t facing an easy team. It’s about their quality as men, with strong personalities. That’s what big teams are made of.”

Caixinha believes his side will be ready to face Motherwell at Fir Park on August 6.

He added: “We still have two weeks. The last three matches, Marseille, Watford and Sheffield Wednesday, are totally different rhythm matches, and you must be focused all the time.

“We are preparing the boys to face teams that pose different problems that maybe you don’t get in the Scottish game.

“I believe we are going to have a very good week.

“From Wednesday to Sunday we are at Bisham Abbey in England, and have two great matches against teams with Portuguese managers.

“Fortunately, I was able to call them and say: ‘Give me a hand, we need matches’.

“We will be pleased to have that strong week to prepare for the first league match.”

1 hour ago, Lloyd72 said:

“We are preparing the boys to face teams that pose different problems that maybe you don’t get in the Scottish game.

Don't we need to prepare the boys for problems that you DO get in the Scottish game?

I know that we're very lucky to get these 3 friendlies under our belts at such short notice, but we've no more European football this season, therefore it's the Scottish game that we need to concern ourselves with.

I think that these friendlies are about the players getting match fit, and honing their skills.

I detest games played behind closed doors. We are in the entertainment industry, there should be no games behind closed doors.

I'm looking forward to the new season a bit more than I was 2 weeks ago, however "One Swallow does not mean it's Summer" WATP!!!

2 hours ago, With Heart and Hand said:

This scares me

He's making it out like a draw in a friendly makes up for the worst euro result in our history

Once again, shut your mouth Pedro. He is ignorant to say the least. Just shut up until you have something that deserves talking about.

Interesting because I didn't get that impression at all. He said that result is something to build on.

No where does he even imply that the draw makes up for the euro exit. 

4 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

What is a rythym match?

I like to know what was meant by that also. I took it as 

Rhythm in Movement Patterns - the ability for players to move efficiently, 

Technical Rhythm – the ability for players to execute effectively

Tactical Rhythm – the ability for players to integrate smoothly

or are we playing drum beat football, where the drum rhythms, help the sensory processing to overcome cognitive disruptions?

35 minutes ago, maverick1200 said:

Interesting because I didn't get that impression at all. He said that result is something to build on.

Agreed

“We need to focus on what’s in front of us and the boys have been brilliant in trying to do that.

“Today was a great game for us to build on that. We weren’t facing an easy team. It’s about their quality as men, with strong personalities. That’s what big teams are made of.”

4 hours ago, With Heart and Hand said:

This scares me

He's making it out like a draw in a friendly makes up for the worst euro result in our history

Once again, shut your mouth Pedro. He is ignorant to say the least. Just shut up until you have something that deserves talking about.

Don't think anything he says comes across as that, talks about building on the positives from the game.

5 hours ago, With Heart and Hand said:

This scares me

He really does talk quite a lot of shite.

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, maverick1200 said:

After yesterday's result, I can't see why any supporter would want to criticise Pedro. :confused:

Still a long way to go though.

Ffs

This scares me

Looking to be upset at stuff the manager says now. 

He spent the first half of the article explaining the disappointment of the whole squad and coaching staff but that it's in the past. Maybe you should leave it in the past and focus on the positives that we can build on. 

2 hours ago, maverick1200 said:

Agree with that, no idea where the boys got that from ?

It's inevitable he tries to draw a very firm line below the Luxembourg defeat and in doing so inevitable he tries to convey how serious the defeat was for Rangers.     He can draw away but in my view that defeat - that unacceptable defeat - will be an open sore for him for as long as he is at Rangers.   A failure of that scale on his watch is not swiftly or easily brushed aside.

A consequence of the failure was the need to arrange previously unplanned friendlies and to do that it seems he had to personally pick up the phone and ask for some favours.   Good for him and its just as well he had those sorts of contacts.  Surely though it brings into question just what capability the Club has to organise games if it has to rely on the manager himself to pick up phones and make the calls to see who might want to play Rangers.   

He is “......confident we can change the course of the future."   Whatever that means.   If he really means something like he can forge a team that will be a proper Rangers side competing for the title right to the wire this coming season then fair enough.    But right now what he is producing is not scoring many goals.  Its certainly not yet convincing me that it will be scoring plenty of goals in league and cup games, nor even enough goals just to win games never mind win them convincingly.   

He has, imo, made his job very much harder after the Luxembourg result (and not helped by the last OF result and Aberdeen result).    Had we won through to the next rounds in Europe he would have gained some leeway in terms of building Support confidence and in terms building match-winning momentum.  That has not happened and he finds himself having to be defensive about results and performances and the season has not even started yet.   

The Luxembourg result removed the early optimism I had in his appointment is not there and I've tuned out of Pedro    Enough winning results in the league are the only thing that is going to go some way to convincing me that he can do a good job at Rangers.   

7 hours ago, Thewhitesettler said:

Don't we need to prepare the boys for problems that you DO get in the Scottish game?

I know that we're very lucky to get these 3 friendlies under our belts at such short notice, but we've no more European football this season, therefore it's the Scottish game that we need to concern ourselves with.

I think that these friendlies are about the players getting match fit, and honing their skills.

I detest games played behind closed doors. We are in the entertainment industry, there should be no games behind closed doors.

I'm looking forward to the new season a bit more than I was 2 weeks ago, however "One Swallow does not mean it's Summer" WATP!!!

I agree. He should just arrange to play St Johnstone another couple of times.

This scares me

No he isn't.

6 hours ago, With Heart and Hand said:

This scares me

Did you see the interview? He was doing a post match interview, what would you like him to say?

You have a bee on your bonnet about yesterday's game. It was a vast improvement over recent performances, enjoy it.

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

He really does talk quite a lot of shite.

Nowhere near as much shite as you.