Fabio Cardoso - Brutal defender

Guest Lloyd72

Guest Lloyd72

NOT SO FAB 

Rangers star Fabio Cardoso branded ‘BRUTAL’ by French newspaper L’Equipe after 1-1 draw with Marseille at Ibrox

Pedro Caixinha's side shared the honours with the Ligue 1 club after Niko Kranjcar's stunning free-kick cancelled out Valere Germain's opener

By Ryan McDonald

23rd July 2017, 12:09 pm

BRUNO ALVES made his long-awaited Rangers debut against Marseille yesterday.

But it was another summer signing who left his mark on the French giants.

French newspaper L’Equipe covered Saturday’s friendly at Ibrox

Pedro Caixinha’s side shared the honours with the Ligue 1 club after Niko Kranjcar’s stunning free-kick cancelled out Valere Germain’s opener.

And the friendly has been described as a ‘tough match’ for OM by respected French newspaper L’Equipe.

No-nonsense defender Fabio Cardoso also made an impression after being labelled as BRUTAL by the sports daily.

L’Equipe claim Marseille midfielder Morgan Sanson was “hackled” by the “brutal” Portuguese stopper.

And Sanson himself also admitted Rudi Garcia’s side failed to match Rangers in the opening 45 minutes.

He said: “We had two very different halves.

“We had a hard time in the first, we thought there would be some impact, but not so much, we were not very effective.

“The coach found the words to reboost us. We showed a completely different face in the second half, with speed, movement, total control.”

Rangers will now take on Premier League side Watford on Wednesday before rounding off their pre-season with a trip to Sheffield Wednesday on Sunday.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A few of us said it during the game (which I know you didnt manage to see to begin with )... we had a few players like that.

It was the first game I have watched in years where our players looked like men and not little lightweight boys.

I am all for giving youth a chance but in the 'hacking' Scottish game we have had lightweight pussies for too long. We need tough tacklers who stick the boot in.

Pedro probably recognised this. And has at least sorted this element.

4 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Good. I hope more of our opponents say the same about him after they play us this season.

I don't want playing against our defence to be a nice experience.

I know of at least two cunts I want to see hurting this season.

Actually happy to read that, that's what you want 2 solid brutal CB's that forwards will hate to play against! We lacked steel last year and hopefully with the Cardoso and Alves we have it at the back, and with Jack and Dorrans in midfield hopefully it'll be solid as well! No more powder puff players that get bossed about, can only be a good thing 

32 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

A few of us said it during the game (which I know you didnt manage to see to begin with )... we had a few players like that.

It was the first game I have watched in years where our players looked like men and not little lightweight boys.

I am all for giving youth a chance but in the 'hacking' Scottish game we have had lightweight pussies for too long. We need tough tacklers who stick the boot in.

Pedro probably recognised this. And has at least sorted this element.

The excuse for a journalist claimed it was 'hackled' not hacked. Either an illiterate (would be no surprise) or unable to translate correctly. The actual translation is heckled.

'We had two very different half-times. It was painful in the first, it was thought that there would be impact, but not so much, explained to the microphone of Canal + Morgan Sanson, himself heckled by the brutal Cardoso. We were not together in the game for two, three. The coach found the right words to reboost us at the break, we showed a completely different face in the second half, with speed, movement, total mastery. "The meager attempts of Lopez, Thauvin or Sanson, far away , Then gave way to better-perceived actions'

I think he meant they were surprised by the intensity and physical strength of Rangers.

Not like the MSSM to make something out of nothing. It didn't seem the player was complaining at all.