Your 1st Rangers away game

18 October 1986

Falkirk 1 

Rangers 5

Robert Fleck hat trick, a Davie Cooper special and an Ally McCoist penalty. Cooper was brilliant that day, absolutely magical. I think (but my memory isn't great these days due to illness) this was the game when Graham Roberts was dropped and the Rangers fans chanted his name all game. Certainly that happened on one of my visits to Brockville.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, OneDavidCooper said:

I went to that as well. Was attending a seminar and staying over there for best part of a week. Very timely.

Went from the game to Blackpool for my summer holidays as a kid. My Mum blew a gasket as I got my £20 spending money that was to last me 5-days (that was a lot 25-years ago) and walked into a wee sports shop and blew the lot on a pair of goalie gloves :lol: 

7 minutes ago, OneDavidCooper said:

Lol. Must have been a cracker.

Pretty sure it was at the tarriers but would have been about 35 years ago when I was a kid.

Honestly don't mind game or score. 

Think I spent more time watching for flying whisky bottles and cups of piss. Am sure I was too busy shitting myself to be remotely interested in the game.

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Pretty sure it was at the tarriers but would have been about 35 years ago when I was a kid.

Honestly don't mind game or score. 

Think I spent more time watching for flying whisky bottles and cups of piss. Am sure I was too busy shitting myself to be remotely interested in the game.

Lol. I was sacred shitless first time I went to the piggery. Less excuse than you though because I was aged about  25. 

Dens park October 1981 

We won 3 2  I was 7 years old first time in a packed terracing I was spoiled with the new ibrox used to seats 

It was amazing to see us in to date our best ever away kit the red with collar happy memories 

171081-premier-division-dundee-v-rangers-2-3-dens-park-dundee-john-BJKM1E.jpg

33 minutes ago, OneDavidCooper said:

I went to that as well. Was attending a seminar and staying over there for best part of a week. Very timely.

Great day out went down on shotts bus with uncle met Terry butcher before the game,

good afternoon out headed back up road on bus  home 2 in morning  no taxis had to walk from shotts  to Armadale to get home worth it to watch the Famous , never heard about the trouble after the game until later on that day 

1 hour ago, OneDavidCooper said:

18 October 1986

Falkirk 1 

Rangers 5

Robert Fleck hat trick, a Davie Cooper special and an Ally McCoist penalty. Cooper was brilliant that day, absolutely magical. I think (but my memory isn't great these days due to illness) this was the game when Graham Roberts was dropped and the Rangers fans chanted his name all game. Certainly that happened on one of my visits to Brockville.

The Graham Roberts game was at the end of the 87/88 season, I remember being in the wee shed along the side singing for Roberts all game, can't remember the score but I'm sure we gunned them just the same.

2 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

The Graham Roberts game was at the end of the 87/88 season, I remember being in the wee shed along the side singing for Roberts all game, can't remember the score but I'm sure we gunned them just the same.

Brockville was a total shit heap ... they had wooden gym benches for seats in their main stand if I remember correctly.