Your 1st Rangers away game

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

First game of the season 1977 v sheep

Travelled with the cross keys we got beat, all I can remember was the smell of football farts and drink on the long journey  - felt like being sick

A few of us were too young to get into the pub so left outside and decided to nick a box of crisps and some nutty bars. 

Never been back tbf

31st March 1973, I was 7 years old and Dad took me away to Dumbarton at Boghead and we won 2-1 with goals by Quinton Young and Derek Parlane.

After that Derek Parlane was my favourite player.

He scored twice against Ayr United on 4th April in the Scottish Cup semi, and again in the final against the tims to win us the Scottish Cup that year. 3-2 with the other goals by Alfie Conn and Tam Forsyth in front of a crowd 122,714. 

2 hours ago, loyalfollower said:

Same here. Think we'd just played Stuttgart away and drew 1-1 came back on the early kick off and produced one of the worst games of football I've ever seen. And it rained aswell

Yeah I think we drew like 3 games in a row before playing the tarriers at home and that was one of them. Absolute dross :lol:

Hearts at tynecastle, terracing was a nightmare getting out , lost all the boys on the bus couldn't remember where the bus was and got train home myself , daren't tell my folks what happened coz away games were a touchy subject as it was 

i was 32

I went to a Hampden semi final against the beggars when I was around 8/9, that was my first game away from Ibrox 

This was my first official away game though, I was 10 at the time 

2-2 at Parkhead New Year 1968.

My Dad was in the navy & was home on leave. Game was all ticket but I got lifted over the turnstile.

Terrible conditions, I seem to remember bales of straw at the side of the pitch after they'd put straw on it because of the ice.

Johnston equalised to make it 1-1 in the 2nd half, I think he was on the ground at the time.

Johansen scored in the last few mins as we were heading for the exit to make it 2-2.

Morton away could have been80/ 81.drew 2-2 , Alex Miller missed a penalty and I found out that day that the away support was a totally different animal than that one I sat with at ibrox every other Saturday.jesus Christ ha ha ha.

No Surrender 

Rab 

Away to Anorthosis Famagusta in 1995. A hugely dull game, we'd already won the first leg 1 or 2-0 iirc. We lived in Cyprus and my Dad organised about 15 buses to leave from Dhekelia Barracks to go to the game. Great day out, shame about the football. Place was jumping with Bears, as always in Europe. 

Just now, Brackley Bluenose said:

Away to Anorthosis Famagusta in 1995. A hugely dull game, we'd already won the first leg 1 or 2-0 iirc. We lived in Cyprus and my Dad organised about 15 buses to leave from Dhekelia to the game. Great day out, shame about the football. Place was jumping with Bears, as always in Europe. 

I wasn't at that game, was just a kid but we had a wee box thingy that linked to our SKY box at the time that picked up some foreign sat channels and the game was on it ... jesus that was a morbid bore-fest game ... if you thought Progres was bad the other week that was worse but we held out

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

I wasn't at that game, was just a kid but we had a wee box thingy that linked to our SKY box at the time that picked up some foreign sat channels and the game was on it ... jesus that was a morbid bore-fest game ... if you thought Progres was bad the other week that was worse but we held out

Mate you're so right! 

I was also young, I'd have only been 9 with a limited understanding of football. Seeing Rangers was my ultimate happy feeling in life and even now I can remember the feeling of 'This is shite Rangers'! Didn't happen often in those days mind you. 

1 minute ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Mate you're so right! 

I was also young, I'd have only been 9 with a limited understanding of football. Seeing Rangers was my ultimate happy feeling in life and even now I can remember the feeling of 'This is shite Rangers'! Didn't happen often in those days mind you. 

You've one over me mate when I went to the second Famagusta game it was a new fucking stadium. Always jealous of someone who's seen Rangers play in a stadium I've no.