Your 1st Rangers away game

8 minutes ago, rab wilson said:

Morton away could have been80/ 81.drew 2-2 , Alex Miller missed a penalty and I found out that day that the away support was a totally different animal than that one I sat with at ibrox every other Saturday.jesus Christ ha ha ha.

No Surrender 

Rab 

Nothing better than being in with a few thousand Bears, standing behind a goal, and giving it what for.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 24/07/2017 at 12:44, BridgeIsBlue said:

Ramsdens cup final at Hampden if that counts. 

Same.

Wasn't the cup semi the week after? Mind some mad cunt behind me aff his nut, screaming that Peterhead were “fenian bastards” and were “just practice for the tarrier bastards next week” in front of several weans :lol: 

11th January 1975, Dumbarton 1 Rangers 5.

First European game was v St Etienne (0-2) November '75.

First Euro away game was PSV 2  Rangers 3 1st November '78 (my old man's mate got a tattoo of the date and result when our bus stopped for the usual 12hrs in London on the way home)

22 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Away to Anorthosis Famagusta in 1995. A hugely dull game, we'd already won the first leg 1 or 2-0 iirc. We lived in Cyprus and my Dad organised about 15 buses to leave from Dhekelia Barracks to go to the game. Great day out, shame about the football. Place was jumping with Bears, as always in Europe. 

Mrs Montoya was at that game. Says the Rangers fans got on like a house on fire with the Anorthosis fans after a group of Rangers fans unfurled a 'Free Famagusta' banner. She still has the scarf she swapped.

Just now, Inigo said:

Mrs Montoya was at that game. Says the Rangers fans got on like a house on fire with the Anorthosis fans after a group of Rangers fans unfurled a 'Free Famagusta' banner. She still has the scarf she swapped.

who the fuck is mrs montoya

Berwick Rangers, we won 3-1 after scoring an own goal, wining a penalty then Andy Little scored a volley, and I got to witness Sebastien Faure's first goal for the club, and the snow couldn't be coming down any heavier. 

Bus was full of 10 year old pished on blue wkds or something and some guy pissed up the back of the bus on the way back up. Some buzz.

6 minutes ago, Sid2103 said:

Berwick Rangers, we won 3-1 after scoring an own goal, wining a penalty then Andy Little scored a volley, and I got to witness Sebastien Faure's first goal for the club, and the snow couldn't be coming down any heavier. 

Bus was full of 10 year old pished on blue wkds or something and some guy pissed up the back of the bus on the way back up. Some buzz.

That was the game we done a day-trip on the train (myself, CaseyJones and Southdown1916 from here and a few others) ... the train we booked coming back somecunt jumped on the tracks at Newcastle so we were delayed so we went to the wee pub near the Train Station until the next one came .. only when the time came myself, Casey and another decided fuck this we are staying out cos I got talking to some bird in the pub and was in until she remembered she had to pick her weans up from her Mums at closing time (classy chick)

Some went up the road on the train but me and 2 others thought we'd find a BNB or hotel no bother ... WRONG ... nothing

Went to an all night McDonalds with a box of beers and the manager said if you's want you's can crash on the seats I'll nip home and get you's blankets but just be out for 6am for dayshift ...result .. cheers ...

after that I seen a seedy looking wee specky cunt peering round looking at us and he's like it's upto you guys but I'm a long distance lorry driver for Aldi .. I'm delivering to Edinburgh area I can take you's there ...result sitting in the front cab of this wee cunts lorry sinking bottles of beer up the road was absolutely surreal ... he took us to somewhere like Harthill or that and it was in time for trains starting - he was a tarrier too.. what a weekend

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

That was the game we done a day-trip on the train (myself, CaseyJones and Southdown1916 from here and a few others) ... the train we booked coming back somecunt jumped on the tracks at Newcastle so we were delayed so we went to the wee pub near the Train Station until the next one came .. only when the time came myself, Casey and another decided fuck this we are staying out cos I got talking to some bird in the pub and was in until she remembered she had to pick her weans up from her Mums at closing time (classy chick)

Some went up the road on the train but me and 2 others thought we'd find a BNB or hotel no bother ... WRONG ... nothing

Went to an all night McDonalds with a box of beers and the manager said if you's want you's can crash on the seats I'll nip home and get you's blankets but just be out for 6am for dayshift ...result .. cheers ...

after that I seen a seedy looking wee specky cunt peering round looking at us and he's like it's upto you guys but I'm a long distance lorry driver for Aldi .. I'm delivering to Edinburgh area I can take you's there ...result sitting in the front cab of this wee cunts lorry sinking bottles of beer up the road was absolutely surreal ... he took us to somewhere like Harthill or that and it was in time for trains starting - he was a tarrier too.. what a weekend

Sounds like a standard away day to Berwick :UK:

my first away game was also my first time watching rangers.my dad took me to tynecastle sitting in the main stand in the late fifties/early sixties on a wedensday night under the floodlights.i remember the rangers goalie George niven or maybe it was billy Ritchie being carried off injured and bobby shearer taking his place in goals as back then there was no substitutes allowed but the gers played very well that night and they went on to win the game 3-1.i also never forgot jimmy millar trapping a high punt up the park with his arse I thought that was amazing but what a start to my love affair with the famous Glasgow rangers!!!