Guest Lloyd72

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, buster. said:

Was predicted to happen last week.

The more topical issue is if the SPFL decide to make their statement wrt oldco/taxcase result.

They are saying that statement is due this week. Que meltdown from the hoardes. Can't wait.

Just now, The Dude said:

The SPFL are happy that it's been dealt with appropriately. 

Just to be extra sure they had 4 specially arranged meetings with their lawyers and allowed members of the SPFL grill them into a "but why no" and this is still the outcome.

Que meltdown shortly.

10 minutes ago, adam2102 said:

Who was he up against for it?  If he beat Ann Budge then fair play to him - she is very respected in Scottish football circles 

Think she was elected as well.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Just to be extra sure they had 4 specially arranged meetings with their lawyers and allowed members of the SPFL grill them into a "but why no" and this is still the outcome.

Que meltdown shortly.

Lawwell's stepping down from the SPFL board also isn't coincidence. He's trying to play with both sides of the bat. (As my blog you mentioned the other day alluded to) so he can say he had no part in the decision and can appease the moonhowlers in his own support.

Just now, K.A.I said:

Sorry I don't it's just what I've been reading past couple of weeks here and there online. 

The Ralph Topping article ?

This would seem to be the direction but until I see the statement we won't know for sure.

------

The Topping article said the statement would be out last week but it never came and if it didn't come today then I'd sart to wonder why.

Just now, buster. said:

The Ralph Topping article ?

This would seem to be the direction but until I see the statement we won't know for sure.

------

The Topping article said the statement would be out last week but it never came and if it didn't come today then I'd sart to wonder why.

Waiting for the board to be elected.

Just now, The Dude said:

Lawwell's stepping down from the SPFL board also isn't coincidence. He's trying to play with both sides of the bat. (As my blog you mentioned the other day alluded to) so he can say he had no part in the decision and can appease the moonhowlers in his own support.

Yup, totally agree. Lawwell for all we all can't stand him is not a stupid man. I hate giving them credit but they are lucky to have him in the sense he does a lot of good for them and yet they can't see it. It's actually funny.

Just now, Prso's headband said:

Meh. Lawwell stepped down from it and went somewhere else which will no doubt be pulling the strings in Scottish football. 

There's no way he steps down from a position of power, and allows us to replace him if he isn't going on to a more powerful position 

He's on the Professional Game board at the SFA. Who have already confirmed nothing further will happen. He's too busy firefighting problems at Celtic just now.

Just now, The Dude said:

Waiting for the board to be elected.

If it were the 'old board' that arrived at the conclusion (via legal advice) then you'd think it should have been them who issued the statement, ie. last week, as per Topping article.