Time to roll out RFFF monies

thehost

club 1872, or whatever it calls itself, should also be calling for a full boycott of every away ground and RFC should be returning all tickets to the home club and refuse dealing with them.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40707999

Rangers' use of a controversial tax scheme will be reviewed by the Scottish Professional Football League, Hibernian chairman Rod Petrie has told the BBC.

It follows a Supreme Court ruling in favour of HM Revenue and Customs over the club's use of Employee Benefit Trusts between 2001 and 2010.

The SPFL's new board was meeting on Monday following its annual elections.

But it is unlikely to make a decision about the Supreme Court ruling that deemed the EBT scheme unlawful.

A Scottish Premier League commission into the club's use of the scheme, headed by Lord Nimmo-Smith, found Rangers to be in breach of player registration rules.

But it resisted calls for Rangers to be stripped of titles won in the period of EBT use.

However, following the Supreme Court ruling, Celtic said they expected the SPFL to review the 2013 decision that their city rivals "did not gain any unfair competitive advantage".

That judgement was made at a time when the scheme was deemed acceptable by a 2012 tax tribunal.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't really see what's changed tbh mate - reviewing it could mean they change their legislation so that this can't happen again, but they can't change legislation after the event just to go back and punish a club retrospectively .

They can all fuck right off! Especially that Hibs bastard Petrie.

The SPFL wasn't in existence when this happened, they should have no legal right to interfere.

Fuck them all, fuck the pope and st Vincent de Paul,

For we won't be mastered by no fenyin bastard, so come on my lad fuck them all!!!

PS i'm no happy about this..

I respect anyone that boycott's and anyone that wants to go and support their team get's my blessing too.

It's just a sad part of life that you need to give someone you hate money - be it councils for poll tax, banks for charges, fines in courts - whatever. It's life.

Go support your team if you want. I've always been of the opinion that the fans of the scummy teams in Scotland have proved time and time again they will happily cut their nose off to spite their face with us, so they'd be quite happy if none of us were in their stadium with no fans and to hell with the 200k a year or whatever the ticket sales are. Rangers are bad enough at playing football as it is without no fans in difficult venues cheering them on - why make the teams job harder?

The pricks that buy programmes and greedy fat dicks that buy pies and juice inside the grounds get on my tits though. Why give them more money than you have to? save your cash and get a pizza when you get home or something instead. 

If title stripping ever happened I'd like to see something on a bigger scale happen from our club such as refuse any co-operation with Scottish football that won't hurt us on the park. Active boycott's of the Scottish national team, no sponsors events/photo shoots with other teams, appeal for our fans to boycott any products the sponsors provide, purposely vote down any proposal or deal the SPFL try to put to us, no showing up for cup draws, bring all media inhouse and release it on our Twitter/Facebook and RTV i.e no press passes for the sporting press, no inviting opposite managers and directors in for a beer/cup of tea as per tradition after a game at home, don't allow other teams directors and officials into our directors box and most of all give teams like the tarriers the bare minimum amount of briefs for coming to us. 

Totally withdraw all co-operation with Scottish football.

There's better ways to get our point across than fans boycotting stadiums for difficult enough fixtures.

19 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I don't really see what's changed tbh mate - reviewing it could mean they change their legislation so that this can't happen again, but they can't change legislation after the event just to go back and punish a club retrospectively .

They could argue circumstances have changed as previously EBTs deemed legal so everyone could have used them so no advantage but now as deemed illegal then by using them we did gain an advantage. I wouldn'tput it past them and that is what the taigs are going to argue. For me it is all out war if this happens 

Just now, Brubear said:

They could argue circumstances have changed as previously EBTs deemed legal so everyone could have used them so no advantage but now as deemed illegal then by using them we did gain an advantage. I wouldn'tput it past them and that is what the taigs are going to argue. For me it is all out war if this happens 

But weren't the EBT's always deemed legal in the governing bodies eyes, it was the paperwork/side letters or something that we never administered correctly? .. remember EBT's were legal when we applied the scheme. 

Petrie isn't even on the SPFL board, so he's talking out his arse as usual. However what would be a good training exercise for the Bears For A Boycott, we should pick on Hivs this season to see how it works out?

1 minute ago, Brubear said:

At what point were EBT's deemed illegal?

:Fod:

24 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Pretty sure @The Dude just covered this in the SPFL Board thread. According to him, nothing to worry about.

Even Stewart Milne isn't interested in changing the decision (unless they have something to hide). Looks like its just the fenians pushing for anything to change and thats just for show I reckon.

Just now, Sparkle said:

Yeah, cos that's never happened before?  If they can, they will.

No by changing the rules then going back and revisiting after the rule change they can't. That would infringe just about every single article and rule going. 

37 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Within the next few weeks:

"We have reviewed the decision and consulted with our lawyers are the original decision is binding".

Fuck all has changed other than that nugget pandering to lunatics.

After his clubs antics at the cup final, it's like being told how to look after kids by Frank Cairney.