thehost

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

I don't really see what's changed tbh mate - reviewing it could mean they change their legislation so that this can't happen again, but they can't change legislation after the event just to go back and punish a club retrospectively .

The case against was LNS ruling was made at a time when the EBT were seen as lawful.

Many fucking times do they want to "sought legal advice" they are like SNP/Yes'er cunts who want to keep replaying things until they get the response they want.

If Chris McG's Tweet is factually correct.

Just now, Bellshill_Bear said:

The case against was LNS ruling was made at a time when the EBT were seen as lawful.

Exactly - so that makes my point for me. It was lawful. You can't go back and rewrite history to satisfy a bloodlust.

53 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

Even Stewart Milne isn't interested in changing the decision (unless they have something to hide). Looks like its just the fenians pushing for anything to change and thats just for show I reckon.

As was always the case from the very beginning. Nothing more than Rancid taigs desperately attempting to engage the help of others to further aid their pathetic agenda.

Only a few were gullible enough to get behind their efforts which were always doomed to failure. Any self respecting football fan with half a brain can see it for what it is and will subsequently give it a body swerve.

Trouble is those who adorn the green and grey are either too obsessed or too stupid to know when they are flogging a dead horse, and that you simply cannot change history. As usual the stench of jealousy comes reeking from the same origin it always did in Glasgow's east end.

There is and never was any tangible appetite for title striping other than what's been spouted from the media arm of a certain ultra tim fans group,  better known locally as the Record and the Sun.

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Many fucking times do they want to "sought legal advice" they are like SNP/Yes'er cunts who want to keep replaying things until they get the response they want.

If Chris McG's Tweet is factually correct.

It is. Petrie has made a cunt of it, and he fell for it. After Petrie spoke the SPFL correct it.

1 minute ago, Bellshill_Bear said:

I agree mate hopefully common sense prevails. But it wouldn't be unheard of to open the "case" back up in light of it now being seen as ulawful.

When does it end man. Nobody cares about the fans here that have done nothing wrong to anybody.

Wednesday.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It is. Petrie has made a cunt of it, and he fell for it. After Petrie spoke the SPFL correct it.

Aye I've seen some edit's to the story now I've clicked refresh.

I don't like giving Gollum praise but at least he's put in at the end that EBT's were at least deemed acceptable. That must have killed him.

Just now, K.A.I said:

Aye I've seen some edit's to the story now I've clicked refresh.

I don't like giving Gollum praise but at least he's put in at the end that EBT's were at least deemed acceptable. That must have killed him.

He's fucking raging. :mutley:

1 hour ago, Brubear said:

They could argue circumstances have changed as previously EBTs deemed legal so everyone could have used them so no advantage but now as deemed illegal then by using them we did gain an advantage. I wouldn'tput it past them and that is what the taigs are going to argue. For me it is all out war if this happens 

I don't understand why people keep thinking the big tax case was anything to do with the legality of EBTs. Perhaps it's because this is the line peddled by our enemies and is therefore understandable. All the BTC confirmed was that tax was due on the payments made. The final appeal that was lost did not change anything other than confirming a tax bill against the oldco which already existed.

The Scottish Professional Football League is considering its position over Rangers' use of a controversial tax scheme, but BBC Scotland understands it is unlikely to impose fresh sanctions.

The league has been taking legal advice since the Supreme Court ruled against the club over its use of employee benefit trusts from 2001 to 2010.

The SPFL board discussed the matter today but no firm decision was reached.

A 2013 SPFL commission found the club in breach of player registration rules.

That commission, headed Lord Nimmo-Smith, resisted calls for Rangers to be stripped of titles won in the period of EBT use.

However, following the Supreme Court ruling in favour of HM Revenue and Customs, Celtic said they expected the SPFL to review the 2013 decision that their city rivals "did not gain any unfair competitive advantage".

That judgement was made at a time when the scheme was deemed acceptable by a 2012 tax tribunal.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40707999

Much like how a compulsive liar starts to believe their own lies after a while, I think these cunts believe if they bring up title stripping as much as possible it will actually happen. 

It's a fantasy and it will not happen. This has been confirmed on numerous occasions. Stop obsessing with us you cunts and sort yourselves out. 

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

But weren't the EBT's always deemed legal in the governing bodies eyes, it was the paperwork/side letters or something that we never administered correctly? .. remember EBT's were legal when we applied the scheme. 

Legal till the government of the day deemed them illegal, circa 2010

Got it:

New board told stripping the club of titles is not an option, STV understands.

The SPFL will not reopen an inquiry into Rangers' use of EBTs following legal advice given to the league's board.

The new board met on Monday to discuss the issue for the first time and was given a number of recommendations over how to proceed.

A final decision is yet to be made but STV understands board members have been told stripping titles is not an option.

The Lord Nimmo Smith independent commission has already ruled five Scottish Premier League titles won between 2001 and 2010 were won fairly and resulted in no "unfair competitive advantage".

This was despite a breach of league rules which led to the Ibrox club being fined £250,000 for failing to declare payments.

The decision of the Supreme Court that the so-called EBTs were not legitimate raised the prospects of a review, with Celtic leading the calls for the SPFL to look again.

It is understood, however, that the advice given is that there is no mechanism within the league rules to call for the decision to be reviewed. 

A deadline to appeal the decision passed seven days after the original publication of the verdict in 2013.

The use of EBTs themselves were not against league rules.

Hearts owner Ann Budge said after the meeting on Monday: "There's going to be a statement on Wednesday, other than that I'm afraid I can't say any more. We have discussed it at some length."

When asked if a decision had been made, Budge said: "A decision? No, there are recommendations. You will fully understand on Wednesday.

"A new board has had to look at all of the facts thoroughly. It's a brand new board. I think for us to come out with something now would be quite a big ask."

https://stv.tv/sport/football/1394219-spfl-will-not-re-open-inquiry-into-rangers-use-of-ebt-scheme/