Rangers 1996 European Kit

Gaz52

Stand out jerseys‏ @standoutjerseys

Coming very soon!! Due to popular demand we will be producing Glasgow Rangers 1996 European Kit in the next 6-8 weeks. Stay tuned!!

DFc5-x3W0AEMcie.jpg

Absolute peach!

1 hour ago, Gaz52 said:

Coming very soon!! Due to popular demand we will be producing Glasgow Rangers 1996 European Kit in the next 6-8 weeks. Stay tuned!!

DFc5-x3W0AEMcie.jpg

Absolute peach!

It's a cracking kit. Would say it was more red than peach though. 

10 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

DFc5-x3W0AEMcie.jpg

Absolute peach!

Is it not more Raspberry :mutley:

11 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

DFc5-x3W0AEMcie.jpg

Absolute peach!

I honestly can't remember this kit, we must have got fucked out of Europe pretty sharpish that season lol. I was expecting to see the purple shirt, which again was a belter, but that must have been the previous season.

1 minute ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

I honestly can't remember this kit, we must have got fucked out of Europe pretty sharpish that season lol. I was expecting to see the purple shirt, which again was a belter, but that must have been the previous season.

We used it once and got pumped away to Grasshopper. A night also famous for Paul Gascoigne having weird dreadlock peroxide tipped hair.

I believe it was an adidas stock shirt which was hastily arranged with our badges on it because they played in blue and white halves and both our kits clashed with theirs.

56 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

We used it once and got pumped away to Grasshopper. A night also famous for Paul Gascoigne having weird dreadlock peroxide tipped hair.

I believe it was an adidas stock shirt which was hastily arranged with our badges on it because they played in blue and white halves and both our kits clashed with theirs.

Thanks mate, great background info on it. Yeah I think we got pumped 3 nil, was it not Chapuisat that put us to the sword that night, they blew us away early doors in the game if I remember right.

Just now, The Ibrox Derry said:

Thanks mate, great background info on it. Yeah I think we got pumped 3 nil, was it not Chapuisat that put us to the sword that night, they blew us away early doors in the game if I remember right.

My memories a little hazy on the specifics but I don't think it was Chapuisat as he would have been at Dortmund then. Was it not the turkish guy who went on to Stuttgart and we tried to sign him under McLeish?

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

My memories a little hazy on the specifics but I don't think it was Chapuisat as he would have been at Dortmund then. Was it not the turkish guy who went on to Stuttgart and we tried to sign him under McLeish?

I will Google it coz it's gonna do my box in otherwise ha

31 minutes ago, gsa said:

I think we wore a similar Nike one against Grasshopers? It had centreparcs as sponsor?

Isn't the Adidas one in this thread the one we wore at Grasshoppers?

There's this one we wore against Strasbourg:

DAG4Rb3UQAE2JfE.jpg

and I remember another one that was red with 2 white lines on the chest that branched out and went over the shoulders, I've got a funny feeling it was a suggested kit for one of these 2 games but the one we wore was different.

Edit, not actually sure if this was Strasbourg, I know it was a Center Parcs top against them though

54 minutes ago, Spectre said:

Isn't the Adidas one in this thread the one we wore at Grasshoppers?

There's this one we wore against Strasbourg:

DAG4Rb3UQAE2JfE.jpg

and I remember another one that was red with 2 white lines on the chest that branched out and went over the shoulders, I've got a funny feeling it was a suggested kit for one of these 2 games but the one we wore was different.

Edit, not actually sure if this was Strasbourg, I know it was a Center Parcs top against them though

We didn't wear that against Strasbourg. We wore our normal home kit at home then away we wore the blue nike shirt with the Centre Parcs logo on the front and weird blue shorts that were a different colour to the top and our normal red and black socks.

We wore that red shirt at home against IFK Goteborg, but it had McEwan's Lager on it.

We wore Centre Parcs also on the shirt in the away game against GI Gotu but i've never seen a red one with that sponsor before. Possibly made for the game against Strasbourg but never worn?

2 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Yakin and maybe Turkilmaz too

re the top is it above board a company just deciding to produce tops like that :lol: 

14 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Yakin and maybe Turkilmaz too

re the top is it above board a company just deciding to produce tops like that :lol: 

Probably not but they are satisfying a demand that is there which the clubs have been slow to appreciate. There are too many retro shirts the clubs make that are not up to scratch and are cheap imitations of the original.

Companies like this one and Retro Shirt City have forced clubs to be a bit more careful when producing retro shirts. I mean even though Tottenham are with Under Armour / Nike they actually allowed Score Draw last year to put the Umbro logo on their retro range of kits. For example: http://www.prodirectselect.com/products/Score-Draw-Retro-Tottenham-Hotspur-1991-FA-Cup-Final-Umbro-Shirt-Mens-Replica-Shirts-White-146899.aspx?gclid=CjwKCAjw2NvLBRAjEiwAF98GMTi6ZODXFkm7x0xcbSeXBRKomS9rwh8MhTLFx2GTPzCmNwf_cFRREhoC4bkQAvD_BwE

Look at our Score Draw ones - they are actually quite bad. On the 84 LCF one the collar and embroidery is not right if you look at the original pics from the day. The 1981 CF shirt too - the collar is not flappy enough and the embroidery again is not right.

The more these companies produce strips that were never sold but fans are clamouring for is a good thing in my opinion. Hopefully the new Rangers retail operation is clued up and can tap into this. It would be good if they could re-release some of the old Cup Final shirts with the embroidery etc in a true representation of what the kit was like. I mean they would sell shedloads.

Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

Probably not but they are satisfying a demand that is there which the clubs have been slow to appreciate. There are too many retro shirts the clubs make that are not up to scratch and are cheap imitations of the original.

Companies like this one and Retro Shirt City have forced clubs to be a bit more careful when producing retro shirts. I mean even though Tottenham are with Under Armour / Nike they actually allowed Score Draw last year to put the Umbro logo on their retro range of kits. For example: http://www.prodirectselect.com/products/Score-Draw-Retro-Tottenham-Hotspur-1991-FA-Cup-Final-Umbro-Shirt-Mens-Replica-Shirts-White-146899.aspx?gclid=CjwKCAjw2NvLBRAjEiwAF98GMTi6ZODXFkm7x0xcbSeXBRKomS9rwh8MhTLFx2GTPzCmNwf_cFRREhoC4bkQAvD_BwE

I mean look at our Score Draw ones - they are actually quite bad. On the 84 LCF one the collar and embroidery is not right if you look at the original pics from the day. The 1981 CF shirt too - the collar is not flappy enough and the embroidery again is not right.

The more these companies produce strips that were never sold but fans are clamouring for is a good thing in my opinion. Hopefully the new Rangers retail operation is clued up and can tap into this. It would be good if they could re-release some of the old Cup Final shirts with the embroidery etc in a true representation of what the kit was like. I mean they would sell shedloads.

Does it have the adidas badge on it? It won't be the same if it doesn't it will just look shite 

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Does it have the adidas badge on it? It won't be the same if it doesn't it will just look shite 

Yep these shirts will sell with the adidas badge on it. 

This year they brought out two of the old Linfield Hummel kits from the late 80s and were almost identical you couldn't tell them apart. They also brought out the 1984 Northern Ireland shirt and are planning on bringing out the 1990 Northern Ireland one too.

On the other hand Retro Shirt City's Rangers shirts in my opinion have been a bit sloppy. I never bought one for that reason. The badges are not correct and the Umbro logo was done shoddily. However if you check out their Man Utd shirts they are completely identical to the originals.

You can probably tell i'm a bit of a nutter when it comes to kits haha - especially getting the detail right.

Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

Yep these shirts will sell with the adidas badge on it. 

This year they brought out two of the old Linfield Hummel kits from the late 80s and were almost identical you couldn't tell them apart. They also brought out the 1984 Northern Ireland shirt and are planning on bringing out the 1990 Northern Ireland one too.

On the other hand Retro Shirt City's Rangers shirts in my opinion have been a bit sloppy. I never bought one for that reason. The badges are not correct and the Umbro logo was done shoddily. However if you check out their Man Utd shirts they are completely identical to the originals.

You can probably tell i'm a bit of a nutter when it comes to kits haha - especially getting the detail right.

Do they get adidas permission ?