Waghorn "I have a lot to Prove"

Guest Lloyd72

Guest Lloyd72

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/waggy-i-lot-prove/

MARTYN WAGHORN is determined to force his way into Pedro Caixinha’s starting XI as soon as possible, with the striker feeling he has plenty to prove.

The 27 year-old forward was an unused substitute in Saturday’s friendly draw with Olympique Marseille and has seen competition in the forward areas rise with the arrivals of Eduardo Herrera and Alfredo Morelos.

And, if given an opportunity in Gers’ final two friendlies behind closed doors against Watford and then against Sheffield Wednesday at Hillsborough on Sunday, he is determined to show what he can offer.

Speaking to RangersTV, Waghorn explained: “It’s important for everyone, but we have brought in two strikers and brought in competition right throughout the squad. Not only for myself, but for other players maybe on the fringes, it’s chance for everyone to impress.

“We have games coming up, and when you get your time, you are going to have to utilise it and try to do as best as you can to force your way into the squad. For me, it’s going to be a big season – I want to do as well as I can for this club and I have a lot to prove.

“I feel like it is going to be a successful season for the team and I want to be a part of that.”

Waghorn has played three times at Hillsborough previously for Leicester City and Wigan Athletic, and he explained what Gers can expect in Yorkshire on Sunday, where they will be backed by in excess of 7000 travelling supporters.

He continued: “They are a very established Championship side who have come a long way from where they were two or three years ago, so it is going to be a right good test for the boys at a good stadium.

“It’s going to be hopefully a good atmosphere as we have a lot of fans going down to the game. Hillsborough is always a hostile place to go when it’s bouncing, so it’s going to be a good game.

“It’s incredible we are taking that support away, and no matter where we have played, they have always been there for us – no matter wind rain or snow, they have always been there for us so hopefully we can put on a show for them.”

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not good enough but the usual suspects will be on with the "fuck off" comments which are unfair in my opinion.

He didn't sign or pick himself. 

He does his best and doesn't hide,  no matter how awful he's playing.

It's not like he's a fraudulent Halliday type character, beating his chest and making lots of noise then rolling around on the grass like a little bitch when the going gets tough.

1 minute ago, gsa said:

He's not good enough but the usual suspects will be on with the "fuck off" comments which are unfair in my opinion.

It's not like he's a fraudulent Halliday type character, beating his chest and making lots of noise then rolling around on the grass like a little bitch when the going gets tough.

He could do more than stick his neck into his shoulders when he goes up for a header with a defender though.

4 minutes ago, gsa said:

Halliday pumped your bird?

Its a difficult one, I don't think he got the right service last year, but when chances did come his way, he didn't take them.

I want him to turn it around though. Whether he gets many more chances, i'm not sure. I can see him as 4th choice striker then leaving on a free at the end of the season.

19 minutes ago, gsa said:

Back the fuck off