Waghorn "I have a lot to Prove"

Guest Lloyd72

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Does my memory serve me right in saying a few of them were from penalties?

Waghorn scored 10 penalties last season.  He actually took 11 but missed one. 

Waghorn is a bit stuck, not good enough to start. Can't be relied on as an impact sub - as if he gets a chance hes likely to miss which isnt a great impact. 

Think its harsh to say fuck off to anyone who works hard,  for not being good enough. 

Criticism aside though, he isn't good enough. 

His worst trait for me is that he thinks of himself as a 30 goal a season striker, I would like to see what he was about if he was told to focus on assisting and only shoot if the goalie is tying his laces. 

I wish him all the best, he seems like a thoroughly decent guy. Would love to see him smash in 20 goals for us this season. 

He really struggled last year. You would think he had the strength to get chances in Scottish football. Just needs to find his finishing touch again. 

A lot to prove.   The thing is though he had more than a fair share of opportunity to stake a claim last season...........and despite his haul of penalties he failed big time to do so.

Seems to me there would have to be the most significant failure by Hererra and Morelos and (when he gets a game) Miller for the manager to be turning to Waghorn to rescue a lack of goals being scored by strikers.   In my view if that was happening it would be just about the strongest indicator possible that the team .....and the Manager ......had ended up in deep deep trouble.   

The horses have long since left the barn as far as opportunities for Waghorn to prove his worth for first team selection are concerned.    He looks to be having to be content to be grazing at the fringes until he can find another club.    Should give him plenty of time for packing in some fast food.  

8 minutes ago, dan_ger said:

I wish him all the best, he seems like a thoroughly decent guy. Would love to see him smash in 20 goals for us this season. 

He really struggled last year. You would think he had the strength to get chances in Scottish football. Just needs to find his finishing touch again. 

Not suggesting he will ever be as prolific a goal scorer but I remember Souness saying about McCoist " he's the kind of player who gets a manager the sack" due to the amount of chances he missed.

2 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

He seems a likeable enough bloke.

He was pretty poor last season, but did well for us in the Championship, and was the top scorer in the League Cup last season.

I don't really get the hate for him.

And also close to smashin a poofy spotty scrotum catholic schoolboys teeth in on camera for gettin wide ?

I would be delighted if Waghorn could score 20+ goals this season, however I doubt very much he will

He appears to need the ball to come naturally onto his left foot, to take a shot at goal. He's too left footed for my liking. We need more right footers in our team, it's traditional.???

34 minutes ago, BluebearDory said:

The number of times I shouted abuse at the telly last season when he missed sitters is unreal. Decent reliable finisher needed. 

Do you have a TV in the kitchen?