Waghorn "I have a lot to Prove"

Guest Lloyd72

He always seems to give his all.  i am just not sure that is going to be good enough. Not a fan of the abuse he gets though,  he is still a Rangers player and should be afforded at least a little civility.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rangers are not here to provide players chances to prove themselves however Rangers have already given Mr Waghorn ample opportunities to prove himself, and he proved beyond any doubt that he is not good enough. How much more additional 'proving' should we allow... 3 seasons? 4 seasons? 

4 hours ago, Thewhitesettler said:

I would be delighted if Waghorn could score 20+ goals this season, however I doubt very much he will

He appears to need the ball to come naturally onto his left foot, to take a shot at goal. He's too left footed for my liking. We need more right footers in our team, it's traditional.???

Albertz and Numan did alright! 

Mon the lefties..! :pipe:

Nobody, absolutely nobody, was slagging him off this time last year so save the he's been shit all along bollocks.

I totally accept he was poor in the 2nd half of last season. Other people will read it differently but, after a long spell on the sidelines with injury then a period where he clearly wasn't in harmony with Mark Warburton and was a regular sub, he did get a run in the side, struggled and by the end of the season his confidence was shot to pieces.

I still think there is a player there that can do us a job. The fact that he is aware that he has something to prove is heartening. I think he could have a good season if given a chance.

10 hours ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

Not suggesting he will ever be as prolific a goal scorer but I remember Souness saying about McCoist " he's the kind of player who gets a manager the sack" due to the amount of chances he missed.

Worst comparison of the summer award ?

16 minutes ago, OneDavidCooper said:

Nobody, absolutely nobody, was slagging him off this time last year so save the he's been shit all along bollocks.

I totally accept he was poor in the 2nd half of last season. Other people will read it differently but, after a long spell on the sidelines with injury then a period where he clearly wasn't in harmony with Mark Warburton and was a regular sub, he did get a run in the side, struggled and by the end of the season his confidence was shot to pieces.

I still think there is a player there that can do us a job. The fact that he is aware that he has something to prove is heartening. I think he could have a good season if given a chance.

Your wrong .Many on here wanted him gone few months before the Cup final .He was rhancid then too 

The only thing he needs to prove is that he's not as shite as we all think he is. That, and he picked the right agent who then finds him a new club. Was given an extended chance when Pedro joined and he's continued his garbage form. Needs punted. 

Sadly, another summer transfer window appears to have passed us by and we are still looking at Miller and/or Waghorn being two strikers featuring regularly on match days. 

1 hour ago, OneDavidCooper said:

That's not right mate, there were plenty on here that haven't liked him since the beginning of the Championship season, despite the goals. I've never liked him, far too slow for our game and the 28 goals inflated by penalties in the second tier. He's just not good enough.

A player I've liked and defended but even I lost my patience last year with him. The chances he misses are ridiculous. Even against wee teams. He didn't score for months then got a cracking double at Hamilton and we all thought the goals are coming. Obviously not. The amount of 1 on 1s he misses is absurd. Maybe we were spoiled with guys like Boyd who it was harder for him to miss. On the positive you can't fault his effort and never hides and clearly wants to be a success. Just doesn't have the ability to be the 20 goal striker we need 

12 minutes ago, boyd09 said:

Waghorn , done a job at his level in first season ,  premiership level simply not good enough for us ,hopefully some league 1 team will take a chance on him 

Yup.  I can't fault the guys attitude.  And if he stays this season it won't be a disaster as long as he isn't starting games.  He came on as a sub a few times last season to good effect out wide.  He definitely doesn't have the quality of a Rangers striker though.  Pedro seems to see something there or else he'd be banished like the rest of the ones he hates so I think he might be sticking around.

Much more pressing is getting rid of Harry, MoH, Windass and Kiernan.  Can't see any more outlay on wages while they are on the books.  Cut price deals it might have to be.

1 hour ago, gazza87 said:

Yup.  I can't fault the guys attitude.  And if he stays this season it won't be a disaster as long as he isn't starting games.  He came on as a sub a few times last season to good effect out wide.  He definitely doesn't have the quality of a Rangers striker though.  Pedro seems to see something there or else he'd be banished like the rest of the ones he hates so I think he might be sticking around.

Much more pressing is getting rid of Harry, MoH, Windass and Kiernan.  Can't see any more outlay on wages while they are on the books.  Cut price deals it might have to be.

Well, he must be a fucking mongo then.