Pedro Post Watford interview

Guest Lloyd72

Guest Lloyd72

PEDRO CAIXINHA has branded his side’s first half performance against Watford this evening as “fantastic” with Rangers running out 2-1 winners.

Played at the Hornets’ training facility just outside London, the Light Blues held a 1-0 half-time lead thanks to new arrival Daniel Candeias.

Nathaniel Chalobah equalised for Marco Silva’s men shortly after the break before Martyn Waghorn netted a winner against the Premier League outfit two minutes from time.

Caixinha was understandably a delighted man when he spoke exclusively to Rangers.co.uk on the full-time whistle and said: “The boys are getting the point and are doing fantastic work and a fantastic job. They are getting the main ideas and I think especially in the first half, when we played in the same formation and almost the same first XI as we did against Marseille, the boys put in a fantastic performance.

“It was a pity we could not score the fantastic chances that we had, but even so, we were able to score one and the boys did really, really well. They are not only getting the momentum, they are getting the ideas and they are getting to know each other which is fantastic.

“In the second half, we tried to change the formation a little bit and made some changes and some modifications to try some different things. This was the moment where we struggled a little bit more, but after that, some new boys came on with some very good rhythm and once again we changed the formation.

“We had a little bit more control on the game and we were able to score to win.”

The Gers began the game with the same 4-4-2 system which served them so well in Saturday’s 1-1 draw with Marseille at Ibrox.

Caixinha feels, at the moment, his side are at their best in that set-up, although he also praised their versatility and expressed his delight at the hard work being put in at the Rangers Training Centre coming to fruition on the training pitch.

The gaffer added: “Totally. The 4-4-2 flat formation is the one the boys feel most confident in and is the once which best-suits the characteristics of the players we have in our squad.

“We know also we can use some other formations depending on the moments of the game and on the opponent.

“They are understanding not only the main ideas, but also the opponent we are facing. Sometimes with one opponent you can play the same way, sometimes with another opponent you might need to change something. They are really understood that point on Saturday and the repeated it again.

“Of course getting the results against these very good sides means they trust and get the confidence as they see the work they are putting in on the training ground is reflected on the pitch in a match.

“That is fantastic for you as a coach and as a player.”

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/pedro-fantastic-performance/

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

If I had my way this would be the team. 

Foderingham 

New RB Alves Cardoso New LB

Candeias Dorrans Jack Walker

Morelos Herrera 

I like that team think if we don't get Walker Dorrans would be decent out wide, wonder who will drop out for Pena to come in

4 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Foderingham 

Morelos Herrera 

Still think Tav can be a big player for us. Candeias and him seem to have a decent  understanding down the right side 

17 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Foderingham 

Morelos Herrera 

Think 442 will actually allow Tav to flourish. In this position he gets more cover from RM and the RCM when he bombs forward. 

Good on ya Pedro.. my concerns over tactics are starting to get addressed. 

Sounds like he got the players he wanted in and found out what style suits them best and playing to there strengths which makes sense as opposed to trying to get players in to fit a certain style like the bread man. 

Pedro loyal!!

17 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

I like that team think if we don't get Walker Dorrans would be decent out wide, wonder who will drop out for Pena to come in

Pena would be brought on for Dorrans. 

14 minutes ago, WilliamMunny said:

Still think Tav can be a big player for us. Candeias and him seem to have a decent  understanding down the right side 

He can't defend though. 

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

Pena would be brought on for Dorrans. 

He can't defend though. 

Think Pena's price tag is too high for him to be on the bench tbh, also Tav looked a lot more solid vs Marseille now that we have a Competent CDM like Jack in to cover for him, Candeias' willingness to track back and actually tackle also helps

37 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Four four fucking two :bow:

I'll no doubt be laughed at here so I have come prepared with my tin hat on but in a 4-4-2 Waghorn is not the worst option to have as one of your 4 forwards. He's strong, fast and can be a real menace. He's not been nearly clinical enough and last season he was poor but I think playing with a partner it would benefit IMO. I'm not suggesting he should lead the line, he'll score 40 goals this season or he's an amazing player but I think he may surprise a few. Playing up top or out wide doesn't help him IMO. It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out, also with better players providing him. Also, like all strikers it's all about confidence. A few goals and suddenly it can really change a player.

I think he knows he's been poor and I think he knows now he has to work his balls off just to get in the squad so here's hoping he is rejuvenated. I certainly hope he is successful this season, as if he is, then it will only be to our benefit.............