Morelos and Pena

gazza87

What is going on with these guys?

Morelos looks woefully short of match practice for a guy that came to us half way through a season and definitely overweight.  He isn't starting many games and I would have expected a bit more back by now.

And Pena is yet to start a match.  Obviously he might take a bit longer to get match sharp and arrived later but would thought by now he could have started against Watford.  God knows ho much we actually paid for him but it's not exactly positive early doors.

Not meaning to sound negative, just wondering what everyones thoughts are? 

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not too sure maybe he is waiting for them to settle a bit first or could be a language problem? 

Maybe they are not up to Pedros fitness levels yet - could be a number of reasons but don't think it's because there shite...

4 minutes ago, gazza87 said:

I'm not saying I've written them off, hoping they do turn out to be good buys.

We don't have that much time to get up and running though, don't want to be relying on Martyn Waghorn...

He scored the winner last night? WTF are you on about?

Just now, gazza87 said:

Oh yeah, he must be amazing now, scoring in a training game

Against PL opposition, no less?

He scored goals last season and the season before that so no idea why you're having such a go at him.

21 minutes ago, gazza87 said:

What is going on with these guys?

Morelos looks woefully short of match practice for a guy that came to us half way through a season and definitely overweight.  He isn't starting many games and I would have expected a bit more back by now.

And Pena is yet to start a match.  Obviously he might take a bit longer to get match sharp and arrived later but would thought by now he could have started against Watford.  God knows ho much we actually paid for him but it's not exactly positive early doors.

Not meaning to sound negative, just wondering what everyones thoughts are? 

It's still preseason. It's not just about match fitness it's about adapting to style of play, language barriers etc. 

Morelos has come from the Finnish league but we don't know what fitness regime that team was put through and therefore he might not be at our required levels.

Calm down. 

4 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

Against PL opposition, no less?

He scored goals last season and the season before that so no idea why you're having such a go at him.

He did well his first season at championship level.  Last season he wasn't good enough.  I've said before on here he isn't as bad as people make out and looks like he is here to stay but if you are happy with him as a first choice Rangers striker then theres something far wrong.