Light blues or royal blues

euanRFC

Perhaps a daft question but I have been sitting here thinking about it for half an hour and thought I would get a general consensus. As a team are we the "royal blues" or "light blues". Different media outlets refer to us as both and I was wondering what the opinion was?

I have always thought of us as Royal blue...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Supposedly Light Blues is a nickname garnered due to our quick and technical players that breezed by the opposition and Royal Blue is the colour that is associated with us. However, a lot of our kits are quite clearly light blue so fuck knows. 

19 minutes ago, euanRFC said:

Perhaps a daft question but I have been sitting here thinking about it for half an hour and thought I would get a general consensus. As a team are we the "royal blues" or "light blues". Different media outlets refer to us as both and I was wondering what the opinion was?

I have always thought of us as Royal blue...

Hawl you ya black glaykit tarrier tramp bastard you have let your mask slip ya charlie nicholas cock sucker!

5 minutes ago, Cobham said:

In terms of colour, always Royal blue! 

Agree with the name over 'Light Blue' but the colour of our strip has never really been the actual colour 'Royal Blue'.

I've always thought we should always have our own 'Rangers Blue' colour with the RGB profile something like 38,59,140. I think thats the closest to the strip from the 60s and 70s.

While the current Puma kit is nice - its really the wrong blue.

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Agree with the name over 'Light Blue' but the colour of our strip has never really been the actual colour 'Royal Blue'.

I've always thought we should always have our own 'Rangers Blue' colour with the RGB profile something like 38,59,140. I think thats the closest to the strip from the 60s and 70s.

While the current Puma kit is nice - its really the wrong blue.

It's been the 'wrong blue' for about 15/20 years. Last season's was decent in comparison though! 

6 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

always thought we were the 'light blues' because Scotland played in 'dark blue'. 

Then again as the song says, "...we are boys in Royal Blue'. 

We need to get back to this blue:

f8911584eb357caf2bf8ef93b5bb5590--glasgo

The definitive Rangers kit. 

1 hour ago, Copland bear said:

Is the OP for real?  It's Royal blue ??, Hullo hullo how do you do , we are the boys in royal blue..

It's time cunts were banned on here for not knowing about the team the supposedly support. 

The  point of a forum is to find out new information and opinions.

I did say I always thought it was royal blue and quoted that song as reasoning so well read.

Just because of the amount of media that said light blue I wanted to ask.