Title Stripping - the simple debate

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

It is ironic (and coincidental) that you should write this a few days after I had a raging argument with an ex-work colleague who had remained silent for years over EBT's pre the Supreme Court ruling and now suddenly decides to tell me we cheated the tax man for NINE years and that we should have titles and trophies stripped.Now as you would guess, this cunt is a tarrier, but he is a two faced lying tarrier into the bargain. No matter what I tried to explain to him made any difference; we were fucking thieves and should be punished severely by losing every honour we won over that period.

Almost giving up trying to knock some sense into his thick brain, I decided to change the subject and asked him where he had been because I hadn't seen him for a few years, even although he lives a few streets from me; and suddenly he fucked up and gave me the perfect ammunition to shoot him down in flames. He said he had been at his holiday home that he rents out most of the year and was doing some work to his two other investment properties he has about 150 km north of Sydney.

Bingo! I remembered how he managed to afford these properties and asked him how many years he had paid out the weekly maximum allowed in salary sacrifice? He answered he had done this since he arrived in Australia from Ayrshire in 1980 as a Mines Deputy. So I said to him that he had been "cheating and avoiding" tax for 37 years therefore stealing money from Schoolchildren, Pensioners, Hospitals etc and in effect should have his properties taken away from him? He said that sacrificing part of his salary  pre-tax was legal and he got a fucking mighty shock when I explained that Rangers EBT's were also legal at that time by law, so Rangers were not guilty of cheating the tax man at all.

He couldn't wait to get away from me, the fucking idiot.

Those that shout loudest are the most retarded.

3 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

Then don't start a post with the definitive ..... "It's nothing to do with the Scottish media" then .... as your own opinion as you say will be debated and challenged on that basis .... as you are giving the  impression you are defending the media up here in Scotland who are still .... in my own opinion .... complicit in distorting the truth whenever it involves The Rangers .... no matter the content involved.

That again is my own opinion simply formed over the years ... and recently confirmed by Tom the Taig English (I think he represents a portion of the Scottish media?) in his failed EBT Twitter argument with a senior member of the law community ..... a top tax lawyer and QC no less ....that was the context I was "bothered" about ... and was disputing in your post concerning the Scottish media .... the rest of your post I concurred with ..... which is strange ..... :p:

:UK:

If you read the post I was replying to where I was said to have been...... "I'm sorry but you've been drawn in by the propaganda of the Scottish media"

...........then you might understand better the context of my reply. But it's not of great importance as is the actual situation regards how the media cover Rangers, what effects it has and looking for a way to improve it, where possible / taking measures that have a positive effect.

Up until this point, collectively fans and club are losing the 'media battle'. A metaphorical battle that was always going to be very difficult to end up winning at the best of times, never mind our ongoing circumstances (which is like playing with 10 men that argue between themselves).

1 hour ago, Ozblue said:

It is ironic (and coincidental) that you should write this a few days after I had a raging argument with an ex-work colleague who had remained silent for years over EBT's pre the Supreme Court ruling and now suddenly decides to tell me we cheated the tax man for NINE years and that we should have titles and trophies stripped.Now as you would guess, this cunt is a tarrier, but he is a two faced lying tarrier into the bargain. No matter what I tried to explain to him made any difference; we were fucking thieves and should be punished severely by losing every honour we won over that period.

Almost giving up trying to knock some sense into his thick brain, I decided to change the subject and asked him where he had been because I hadn't seen him for a few years, even although he lives a few streets from me; and suddenly he fucked up and gave me the perfect ammunition to shoot him down in flames. He said he had been at his holiday home that he rents out most of the year and was doing some work to his two other investment properties he has about 150 km north of Sydney.

Bingo! I remembered how he managed to afford these properties and asked him how many years he had paid out the weekly maximum allowed in salary sacrifice? He answered he had done this since he arrived in Australia from Ayrshire in 1980 as a Mines Deputy. So I said to him that he had been "cheating and avoiding" tax for 37 years therefore stealing money from Schoolchildren, Pensioners, Hospitals etc and in effect should have his properties taken away from him? He said that sacrificing part of his salary  pre-tax was legal and he got a fucking mighty shock when I explained that Rangers EBT's were also legal at that time by law, so Rangers were not guilty of cheating the tax man at all.

He couldn't wait to get away from me, the fucking idiot.

:tu:

Good on you OZ mate ... some people just refuse to grasp the reality of the argument even when it is explained rationally .... it's called denial ...... as in the case of this mongrel you put right ... they go all moralistic whenever The Rangers name is in the headline .... but forget what their own club were cheating the tax man for decades through evasion .... by returning lower crowd numbers than actually attended games at the piggery ... and pocketing the money .... depriving their own government funded apartheid schools of the revenue.

That of course was the least of their crimes though .... we all know that .... they just deny it as usual ... :p:

5 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Those that shout loudest are the most retarded.

This guy is just a lying cunt that has been caught out more times than you can poke a stick at.For years when we worked together I called him  a tarrier and a bead rattler and he denied it vehemently, but when I used to sing the Sash and TBB at work I knew he was fucking seething.Every Monday I would ask him how the Popes eleven got on and he would reply he didn't take any interest in football anymore and that he used to be an Ayr Utd. supporter. :whistle:

Anyway, in 1989 his wife got me to paint and decorate their house and when I went into their bedroom the first thing I saw was a statue of the Flying acrobat on their dressing table and rosary beads. Then I had to remove their wardrobe doors to re-paint them and there was his collection of bheast dress shirts and caps right up to date with a scarf of their 1987-88 League and Scottish Cup double winning victories...right up to date.

His cover was blown and I never let the cunt forget it. :taig:

1 hour ago, buster. said:

If you read the post I was replying to where I was said to have been...... "I'm sorry but you've been drawn in by the propaganda of the Scottish media"

The quote was taking in the context of you believing that Rangers have received an advantage by using EBT's. 

On 30/07/2017 at 9:19 AM, buster. said:

Looking at it from a street perspective, it's difficult to say we didn't gain an advantage.

Legally, it's another matter and easy to argue against and it's the legal that is important.

51 minutes ago, buster. said:

...........then you might understand better the context of my reply. But it's not of great importance as is the actual situation regards how the media cover Rangers, what effects it has and looking for a way to improve it, where possible / taking measures that have a positive effect.

Up until this point, collectively fans and club are losing the 'media battle'. A metaphorical battle that was always going to be very difficult to end up winning at the best of times, never mind our ongoing circumstances (which is like playing with 10 men that argue between themselves).

:lol:

There you go then ..... and once again you prove  my point .... you start your post with a debatable possibly obejctional sentence .... then try and balance it with one of better content to somehow validate your point ... you do yourself no favours with this format ... it makes you appear to be agreeing with both sides on an argument when one is blatantly wrong .... either see it for what it is or you will continue to be made aware on this trait.

What side of the street you are seeing this perspective from is one I would not walk down .... as it is the one that has no positive opinion of The Rangers ... more the point of view put out there by the haters of our Club aided and abetted by the compliant bigoted media up here in Scotland .... that cannot be denied as it happens on a daily basis and is difficult to miss.

Opinions are subjective for the most part .... so when you put it into perspective ... the poster you were replying to ... Howsitgoing .... had every right to suggest that perhaps you "looking at it from a street perspective" had been influenced by the anti Rangers media slant up here in Scotland ... as that is where this street perspective you quote in bold above is perpetuated ... and you seemed to be agreeing with this sentiment.

So your argument about context is somewhat void when you start the argument with a negative slant .... that is in most cases perceived as being at best controversial ..... devaluing any otherwise valid comment you may have to say.

2 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

There you go then ..... and once again you prove  my point .... you start your post with a debatable possibly obejctional sentence .... then try and balance it with one of better content to somehow validate your point ... you do yourself no favours with this format ... it makes you appear to be agreeing with both sides on an argument when one is blatantly wrong .... either see it for what it is or you will continue to be made aware on this trait.

What side of the street you are seeing this perspective from is one I would not walk down .... as it is the one that has no positive opinion of The Rangers ... more the point of view put out there by the haters of our Club aided and abetted by the compliant bigoted media up here in Scotland .... that cannot be denied as it happens on a daily basis and is difficult to miss.

Opinions are subjective for the most part .... so when you put it into perspective ... the poster you were replying to ... Howsitgoing .... had every right to suggest that perhaps you "looking at it from a street perspective" had been influenced by the anti Rangers media slant up here in Scotland ... as that is where this street perspective you quote in bold above is perpetuated ... and you seemed to be agreeing with this sentiment.

So your argument about context is somewhat void when you start the argument with a negative slant .... that is in most cases perceived as being at best controversial ..... devaluing any otherwise valid comment you may have to say.

That's a lot of words to get no-where.

You started a few posts ago by not being able to either read or understand what had been said and instead fitting your own narrative around assumptions. Now you have your shovel out......

10 minutes ago, buster. said:

You started a few posts ago by not being able to either read or understand what had been said and instead fitting your own narrative around assumptions. Now you have your shovel out......

To be honest I'm not understanding you either. You claim Rangers received an advantage by using EBT but also agree that if it wasn't that tax  scheme it would of been another. 

Ronaldo is in court today for tax evasion, would you say Real Madrid received an advantage?

7 minutes ago, buster. said:

Too many words of more than eight letters ... mingled with too much truth for you to ingest then? .... I'm assuming again of course .... :tu:

Check the memo buster ... Must look inwards before I can look outwards .... :p:

1 hour ago, Howsitgoing said:

Ronaldo is in court today for tax evasion, would you say Real Madrid received an advantage?

2 hours ago, Ozblue said:

This guy is just a lying cunt that has been caught out more times than you can poke a stick at.For years when we worked together I called him  a tarrier and a bead rattler and he denied it vehemently, but when I used to sing the Sash and TBB at work I knew he was fucking seething.Every Monday I would ask him how the Popes eleven got on and he would reply he didn't take any interest in football anymore and that he used to be an Ayr Utd. supporter. :whistle:

Anyway, in 1989 his wife got me to paint and decorate their house and when I went into their bedroom the first thing I saw was a statue of the Flying acrobat on their dressing table and rosary beads. Then I had to remove their wardrobe doors to re-paint them and there was his collection of bheast dress shirts and caps right up to date with a scarf of their 1987-88 League and Scottish Cup double winning victories...right up to date.

His cover was blown and I never let the cunt forget it. :taig:

Just like every snottery nosed fenian I know, who all have another kiddie on team to fall back on,and hopefully the time is looming where they best all grab another team to support.
Maybe we should just strip Ronaldo and Real of any titles and cups won during the years they used tax loop holes.
BUT!!!!
They don't play in the nationalist republic of Scotland.