616 posts in this topic

He played at a walking pace when he come on. Very slow and clearly unfit. Is he on a lard diet?

Anyone know the fee which was paid for him are the journalists just plucking numbers out of thin air was there anything official from Rangers.

1 minute ago, craigyrfc11 said:

Anyone know the fee which was paid for him are the journalists just plucking numbers out of thin air was there anything official from Rangers.

According to transfermarkt we paid 2.55 million but could be shite

1 person likes this

He looked very short of fitness, but I think if he gets his head down and works then he could turn out to be a good player for us. 

Didn't do much when he came on but he was alive to Herrera winning the ball to get us that free kick late on. If we want to get the best out of Herrera up front then he needs people playing off him like that. 

Looks like Pena has been a good player and lost his way a bit. Just remains to be seen if he has the right attitude to get back to his best. 

3 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

He played at a walking pace when he come on. Very slow and clearly unfit. Is he on a lard diet?

I still don't get why he was even brought on.   What made Pedro pick him over Rossiter who has at least had some good first team game time and is patently far fitter and more capable of chasing down and helping to minimise the effect of 10 v 11.    I just don't see what Pedro was hoping to achieve by that substitution.  

The only explanation I can think of is he wanted Pena to experience first hand the 'feel' of a Scottish game that was going badly and to feel the intensity of pressure from the Support and to see first hand the sort of way teams are going to play against Rangers so that when he came off the pitch he was part of the team that experienced first hand the pressure of playing for Rangers.     The point being to get him more mentally tuned to what is to be expected in games when he is fit enough to be considered for a starting position in the team.    I'm only guessing.   I've not seen any explanation from the manager in post match stuff about why he brought Pena on.

3 people like this

I still think he could offer us something once up to speed, today was not the game to throw someone lacking in match fitness on while we are struggling

4 people like this

I personally have a different perspective on Peña and his performance, I thought he did well to track back and even at one point dived in for a few challenges to win the ball back showing signs that he is the box to box player. There were also moments you could see him linking in midfield to pass and looking to get forward and even attempted a 1-2 that nearly pulled off as well as won us the free kick, he also looked like he had a bit of pace when he did chase back, don't get me wrong there were spells he slowed up. Perhaps the only negative I saw of him was out wide he should've went for the ball rather than hesitated. 

I like him personally, I think he looks a good player and can't wait to see him when he's properly up to speed and playing in a Rangers team with 11 men on the park, hopefully this is the start to him getting games so he can get up to match fitness and he should become a good player.

2 people like this

i honestly could not believe my eyes watching him the day. I have never seen a Rangers player that out of place in my life. I hope it is just a serious lack of fitness 

Strange decision for Pedro to bring him on when he did.

The guy actually doesn't even look like a footballer, the way he moves, the way he stands with the ball at his feet etc. There was two times where he just slowed an attack right down and actually stopped dead and looked around for somewhere to kick the ball to. 

We've bought an absolute dud I fear. 

21 minutes ago, MDYT2 said:

i honestly could not believe my eyes watching him the day. I have never seen a Rangers player that out of place in my life. I hope it is just a serious lack of fitness 

Did you see Crookes at tyncastle last season? The guy couldn't have been any more out of place if he tried

Looks like he's never played football in his life, looked like that player souness brought over from abroad for Southampton and he wasn't even of junior standard

1 person likes this

Thought it was a bit unfair to bring him on today given the situation we were in.  Thought Rossiter should have been on asap after Jack sent off to shore up our midfield.

When Pena burst through at the end, I thought he made a meal of it.  However, the referee gave a foul which, if he saw it that way, should have meant the Hibs CB sent off as it was definite goal scoring opportunity.  Referee wasn't up to it, the entire game he was out of his depth.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, RangersScotty9 said:

I personally have a different perspective on Peña and his performance, I thought he did well to track back and even at one point dived in for a few challenges to win the ball back showing signs that he is the box to box player. There were also moments you could see him linking in midfield to pass and looking to get forward and even attempted a 1-2 that nearly pulled off as well as won us the free kick, he also looked like he had a bit of pace when he did chase back, don't get me wrong there were spells he slowed up. Perhaps the only negative I saw of him was out wide he should've went for the ball rather than hesitated. 

I like him personally, I think he looks a good player and can't wait to see him when he's properly up to speed and playing in a Rangers team with 11 men on the park, hopefully this is the start to him getting games so he can get up to match fitness and he should become a good player.

I'm with you on this.  Far from ideal circumstances today, but I saw a player who showed glimpses of what he could give us.

49 minutes ago, Murty said:

Strange decision for Pedro to bring him on when he did.

The guy actually doesn't even look like a footballer, the way he moves, the way he stands with the ball at his feet etc. There was two times where he just slowed an attack right down and actually stopped dead and looked around for somewhere to kick the ball to. 

We've bought an absolute dud I fear. 

No way is this guy a dud. Will he adapt to our league is a reasonable question but he has loads of ability , lets give him some time. Pedro said he would wait till the right time before he was introduced, by fu* it's a worry if he thinks 1-3 down with ten men is a good time.

2 people like this

45 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Looks like he's never played football in his life, looked like that player souness brought over from abroad for Southampton and he wasn't even of junior standard

1 person likes this

He didn't look 'atrocius' at all he looked rusty, and it was a good touch to take him through before the foul and a reckon he would've scored if he wasn't fouled.

4 people like this

I liked when he just stopped and looked at the ball 

Cunt looked murder, the one in the middle of the park when he touched a head of himself and was beaten to it and shrugged off.... looked like a fat cunt playing amateur fitba who used to be good 

40 minutes ago, DMax399 said:

I'm with you on this.  Far from ideal circumstances today, but I saw a player who showed glimpses of what he could give us.

Indeed, he looks promising and the more fitness he gets the more he should shine, I'd fancy seeing him get time on against Hearts at some stage.

Rangers now must learn from this, pick themselves up, keep a cool head, get out there and hammer into Hearts. The time to fight back to prove we can challenge this season is now and it must start from this Hearts game, this for me is a decider on that because as far as I'm concerned, we were controlling that game until the red and I don't so much blame the defence as such for conceding 2 but having 3 at the back whilst there was always going to be the risk of them having the extra man.

He does look a promising player though, he looks the type of player who won't just rush in foolishly, saw a glimpse of that when he stopped the ball just outside their box and was looking to create the 1-2 chance. Even his move out wide, dying to see him play to be honest.

23 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Can't judge him today ffs he wasn't the reason we got beat 

This. Fucking laughable judging him on a 20 minute cameo when he's not fully fit,  we're 3-1 down and down to ten men. 

2 people like this

Paraphrasing a little but Pedro said "we will know when Pena is ready to play" (in one of those terrible press conferences I'm sure)

I don't think he was ready for today :headscratch:

34 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Can't judge him today ffs he wasn't the reason we got beat 

Not saying he was, he was still dugshite the 20 mins he was on