I'm getting a lot more hope - but we need to stop getting carried away good or bad

K.A.I

Since Progres I've wanted Pedro sacked but the last x3 friendly results I've seen a response from the players. 

Ill get it out the way that a lot of people who defended Pedro after Progres and the initial friendly results, they said friendlies don't matter but they still enjoyed today?

Of course they should enjoy today's result, as have I, but im someone who takes all results seriously and into consideration not just when it suits me.

I think I made a similar point after Marseille last week too. 

Anyway I thought we were superb today. That's the way a Rangers team should play, with confidence, composed, bold and with an air of superiority. 

If these past 3 friendly results are anything to go by I'll happily be eating my words on Pedro - I'd love fuckall more. Make it happen !

The Miller critics - today's he's capable of they finishes. Why do we want rid of him so much?

windass was brilliant too - perhaps a system that works with better players? 

In the final third we seemed to have a new dimension to our play - runners, dropped shoulders, overlaps etc 

However Lets not start the wank fest yet tho - please. Hate false dawns. Enjoy it for what it is not what it might be.

one game at a time and we have a chance. 

#tommyrobinsonbearsden 

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lloyd72

Miller is capable of those finishes 100% but he's barely ever in position to score them, there was a moment in the match today when Herrera got the ball on the left hand side played a great through ball down the wing for wallace and Miller was jogging towards the box didn't look interested in getting in looking for the cross. imo he can play a role for us but he can't play with Herrera who isn't an out and out goalscorer either imo.

1 minute ago, Lloyd72 said:

Miller is capable of those finishes 100% but he's barely ever in position to score them, there was a moment in the match today when Herrera got the ball on the left hand side played a great through ball down the wing for wallace and Miller was jogging towards the box didn't look interested in getting in looking for the cross. imo he can play a role for us but he can't play with Herrera who isn't an out and out goalscorer either imo.

Negative vibe alert when's Herrera gonna look like scoring?

5 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Beats me why we haven't seen more of a Morelos Herrera partnership. when one comes on the other goes off.

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, K.A.I said:

Negative vibe alert when's Herrera gonna look like scoring?

He's never been prolific tbf but I think he could be a good foil for another striker like Morelos, He seems a Daniel COusin type player, a handful for defenders that creates space for better finishers to score.

16 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Since Progres I've wanted Pedro sacked but the last x3 friendly results I've seen a response from the players. 

Ill get it out the way that a lot of people who defended Pedro after Progres and the initial friendly results, they said friendlies don't matter but they still enjoyed today?

Of course they should enjoy today's result, as have I, but im someone who takes all results seriously and into consideration not just when it suits me.

I think I made a similar point after Marseille last week too. 

Anyway I thought we were superb today. That's the way a Rangers team should play, with confidence, composed, bold and with an air of superiority. 

If these past 3 friendly results are anything to go by I'll happily be eating my words on Pedro - I'd love fuckall more. Make it happen !

The Miller critics - today's he's capable of they finishes. Why do we want rid of him so much?

In the final third we seemed to have a new dimension to our play - runners, dropped shoulders, overlaps etc 

However Lets not start the wank fest yet tho - please. Hate false dawns. Enjoy it for what it is not what it might be.

#tommyrobinsonbearsden 

Lots of points and I can't argue with any of them. Good post.

Played well today but, as with the earlier games, wouldn't place any store on friendlies, particularly preseason friendlies as you don't know what stage the other team is at in their preparation.

Stating the obvious but next Sunday is when it matters.  True test for knowing if we having a team capable of winning trophies is turning round games when we go behind, particularly in difficult away fixtures.

It's clear PC knows what he wants. He's implanted the right mentality. He doesn't do prisoners and neither does he want his players to. He has brought in a step up in quality and got them playing to a system that they are comfortable in and plays to their strengths.

He is a breath of fresh air compared to that fanny, Mr Plan A Warburton. Post match, just listen to Pedro on options and on Windass very respectfully rubbishing MW.

Hopefully we might have just struck gold here, because I now see no reason why we cannot take the scum. It looks to me that this season we are indeed seriously coming for them. 

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

It's clear PC knows what he wants. He's implanted the right mentality. He doesn't do prisoners and neither does he want his players to. He has brought in a step up in quality and got them playing to a system that they are comfortable in and plays to their strengths.

He is a breath of fresh air compared to that fanny, Mr Plan A Warburton. Post match, just listen to Pedro on options and on Windass very respectfully rubbishing MW.

Hopefully we might have just struck gold here, because I now see no reason why we cannot take the scum. It looks to me that this season we are indeed seriously coming for them. 

Exactly what I mean with the "carried away" shite 

you saying we've struck gold 

13 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

Played well today but, as with the earlier games, wouldn't place any store on friendlies, particularly preseason friendlies as you don't know what stage the other team is at in their preparation.

Stating the obvious but next Sunday is when it matters.  True test for knowing if we having a team capable of winning trophies is turning round games when we go behind, particularly in difficult away fixtures.

the other team today start their season next sat so they should be at the same level of fitness as us  the next 3 games will go some way to making up my mind motherwell away is always hard then 2 home games with full houses and high expectation

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Exactly what I mean with the "carried away" shite 

you saying we've struck gold 

I am not. I'm saying "maybe".

I've always liked listening to the guy for the simple reason, he doesn't do prisoners. He has a winning mentality and trying to instil it into the team, whereas with Warburton and many of the fairies he had masquerading as players, it was anything but. There wasn't a spine between them, far less talent.

We are nothing like the team we were last season. Pedro's men are in. Influencing and showing their quality and the left overs from Warburton are actually getting it.

Get the recipe right and you can win things. Warburton was a one dimensional arrogant twat that actually turned players into the fairy that he was. Pedro is the opposite of that man. He has the passion and without the arrogance and that can only mean one thing for us, that we move onwards and upwards and you can see it from these last few games.

I think Pedro has bought well. Brought in some international players with a good pedigree and players he has worked with who he can rely on.

We have played very well over the last few games albeit they were friendlies, but I am optimistic that come Saturday at 5PM we will all be smiling after a comfortable away win..

Jack, Alves, Dorrans and Candeias, look so comfortable in the team, as if they've been with us for years and they all have a great attitude to the game. I'll finish the post here cause I'll end up getting carried away and I'll get a row. 

1 minute ago, duffy2391 said:

Jack, Alves, Dorrans and Candeias, look so comfortable in the team, as if they've been with us for years and they all have a great attitude to the game. I'll finish the post here cause I'll end up getting carried away and I'll get a row.

well stop signing upto rangers forums with fenian names then 

36 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

#tommyrobinsonbearsden 

Miller has goals in him but he breaks down play or slows it up for much of the way this team is trying to play. The team will improve with a better forward.

Windass did show some flashes where he was very good. Brilliant? Mmmm, dunno about that.

Candeias was superb for much of the 1st half and has shown that he can put some great balls into the box, hits that 6 yard line a lot of the time, but we don't yet have a forward reading the move or cross (re Miller). 

The midfield does seem to have a new dimension and urgency where they are taking a chance and running into the box.

The central defence looks good, but still some doubts over both full back positions. Hodson is very hesitant, although Tav in other games seems to have stepped his performances up a bit.

I think that because of the disaster the team has shown to be in a lot of games it is good to see an improvement and cohesion in the side just now. But these are just pre-season friendlies, some behind closed doors. i.e. experimental lineups, formations etc.

The real test begins against Motherwell. We are famous for getting off to a poor/average start in the league even when we had great players. Let's see how next week pans out.

Foderinghamm has also improved over the past few seasons and is a safe pair of hands. Having competition has improved him as a goalkeeper. This team is much improved from last year and has a spine in it. Hopefully we are now beginning to turn the corner, only time will tell.