Rangers_no1

*****The Official Motherwell vs Rangers Thread*****

Cannot believe how nervous I am about a game against Motherfuckers. Underlines my concern about us right now rather than any fears about the opposition. Am desperate for a win as I feel this result today could be a very defining moment.

I have no confidence in the current manager but wish him and the players all the luck in the world today. I'd love to see us earn revenge against our many enemies, most notably those drug addict cunts next week, and we badly need some momentum starting from today.

Please, please win. That is all I ask.

55 minutes ago, ronniemca said:

We won't be bullied like we were last year  ,however we seriously lack genuine pace and a cutting edge throughout this team and this suits the shit that is in our league to a tee.we will draw many games away from home this season ,hope this isn't the first

Thats the spirit!

We apparently had pace in wee barry last year and where did that get us? What use is pace when they have 10 men glued to the 18 yard box? I'll settle for an Alves bullet header from the half way line and a miller scuffle into the bottom corner off 3 defenders.

MON THE FUCKING GERS! Never mind this pish about stopping the filth or ramming it down the haters and the medias throats. Fucking do it for us. For all the pish we've had to suffer undeservedly for years. Do it to restore us back to our rightful place. 

Do it because we are rangers. The worlds most successful football club. 

WATP

On 04/08/2017 at 1:07 AM, TheCutch said:

Aye, our squad being weakened in any way is class.

Weakened by a player who did nothing last season, How does that work.

54 minutes ago, MrMckee said:

think you're wrong mate - candeias looks to have the pace and crossing ability to create chances down the right especially when partnered with tav. Windass seems to be coming onto a game and can cause problems down the left with Wallace over lapping or we can play niko who can put through killer passes for miller or Morelos to run onto. We can also punt the ball up if needed for Herrera to knock down and play someone in and think we will be good from set pieces too. Think it will be putting the ball in the back of net which would be an issue but hope to see some good finishing soon! 

One thing that slows our attacks down completely was McKay holding the ball and waiting on Wallace running 60 yards to overlap... opposition see it a mile away because we have done it for 2 years now (under MW Murty and PC).

Miller done the same against Marseilles. Slowed play waiting on overlap.

If Windass is on the left I hope he uses his initiative and runs with the ball himself or passes inside or crosses it to box or switches it to opposite wing or cuts inside and takes man on or passes to Wallace when Wallace is already in Motherwell half and not running from our byline. Not just the predictable hold up play.

2 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

One thing that slows our attacks down completely was McKay holding the ball and waiting on Wallace running 60 yards to overlap... opposition see it a mile away because we have done it for 2 years now (under MW Murty and PC).

If Windass is on the left I hope he uses his initiative and runs with the ball himself or passes inside or crosses it to box or switches it to opposite wing or cuts inside and takes man on or passes to Wallace when Wallace is already in Motherwell half and not running from our byline. Not just the predictable hold up play.

Yes definitely don't want the ball being held up but noticed in the last couple games Wallace getting in to good positions can't remember what game it was but he got 1 on 1 with the keeper and last game I noticed him getting in behind the defence- just because it's predictable doesn't mean it won't work if you execute if right. I think the problem was previously we was moving the ball up to slow an than trying the over lap which meant the opposition had enough time to cover easily. We seem to be moving the ball quicker now which works well with the over lap and a first time cross into the box with hopefully our two strikers in and midfielders like Dorrans running into as well. Think we could get a fair few goals this way if done correctly. 

Managed to get a bit of cover for my Old Man so heading out to the pub to watch. Almost feels as good as going to the game itself. Come on Rangers, in about it from the first second.

4 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

Over the last couple of years I've lost count of the number of times either McKay or Wallace succeeded in getting into the 18 yard box and then fucking up the final  ball into the middle.

Checking in from  the 'Couve, nirvana on the Pacific if you will.  After a continental breakfast (a roll in the bed with honey!!), I'll be tuning in to the game, cups of tea and toast, hoping for a good victory. 

3 minutes ago, allcinaye said:

Over the last couple of years I've lost count of the number of times either McKay or Wallace succeeded in getting into the 18 yard box and then fucking up the final  ball into the middle.

They should watch the video of the Marseilles game. The cross which lead to their goal was lethal. Mind you the guy that crossed it was supposedly brought in for £30 MIL.

6 minutes ago, allcinaye said:

Infuriating it's every game 

how the manager can't spot it (or all here managers) I'll never know 

7 minutes ago, The Widow's Son said:

Checking in from  the 'Couve, nirvana on the Pacific if you will.  After a continental breakfast (a roll in the bed with honey!!), I'll be tuning in to the game, cups of tea and toast, hoping for a good victory. 

Alas, where did it all go wrong !! ?

Chomping at the bit for this to start. 

Motherwell won't be pushover today, a bright start is needed. 

3-0 Miller x2, Herrera. 

4 minutes ago, Blue72 said:

Infuriating it's every game 

how the manager can't spot it (or all here managers) I'll never know 

Hopefully Windass will be a bit more direct if he plays in that position today plus Candeias looks like he is capable of putting a good cross ball when he gets into the right position

1 minute ago, allcinaye said:

Hopefully Windass will be a bit more direct if he plays in that position today plus Candeias looks like he is capable of putting a good cross ball when he gets into the right position

Last few games he seemed to have a bit more vision and creativity instead of running the same move down the left which opposition right backs are expecting 

not convinced by him yet but he has time and is fairly young