Sign in to follow this  
Rangers_no1

*****The Official Motherwell vs Rangers Thread*****

On 2017-8-6 at 4:43 PM, graeme_4 said:

I don't think it was, we were under the cosh with long and deep balls into the box. Our midfield was bypassed for the most part. 

And we did see the game out, and get 3 points. 

Don't see how it can be a shocker. 

We had two CBs on and didn't need a third.  What was needed was to get control of midfield which is why he should have brought on Pena.

5 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

We had two CBs on and didn't need a third.  What was needed was to get control of midfield which is why he should have brought on Pena.

I agree, by sticking on another CB it was a statement of what we were doing and an invitation to what they could do. Personally, I would have brought on Holt or left Hodson on and Tav for Miller (he's played in midfield for us a few times) and got a grip of that midfield. 

PC has always spoken about attacking the game, what he did there was the complete opposite which is why I shook my head when Wilson came on..

If that is his tactic of how we hold a lead, then it's going to be a very long season indeed. :depressed:

JCDBigBear likes this