Windass

bordersbear

Seems to me he knows he will never get a better wage than he gets now. He did play well against SW but once in a blue moon won't cut It. Needs to man up if he wants to make it with us. Personally I think he has talent but not the application. What do you think?

5 minutes ago, bennyali said:

I pick up my wife from work near Buchanan St bus station in the evenings and I have seen him running up towards Chinatown or back up past the Thistle onto Sauchiehall Street. Maybe he is making an effort. 

Maybe he is moonlighting delivering chinkys.

I think windass will improve this season. I think Pedro is having a positive affect..under MW windass could get a game whether he was shite, world class or anywhere between because MW likes him and played him fuckin anywhere...I think Pedro has told him he will be used out wide or as a 10...and that's it, and now Josh can now see some serious competition in the squad and knows exactly what the gaffer wants from him, can only be a good thing. 

In his post match interview after the Sheffield I Thoth he came across as a bit of a prick. Interviewer asked him if he felt he had a point to prove after last season he replied no haha he must be fulla crack if he thinks he's not got a point to prove. Thinks he's better than he is imo.

20 minutes ago, BailliestonTB said:

In his post match interview after the Sheffield I Thoth he came across as a bit of a prick. Interviewer asked him if he felt he had a point to prove after last season he replied no haha he must be fulla crack if he thinks he's not got a point to prove. Thinks he's better than he is imo.

I noticed that too, came off as a bit arrogant but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt here as he alluded to MW playing him out of position affecting his performances.

I've seen plenty of players that struggled their first season and went on to do well for us . Hateley and McCoist come to mind . 

Not saying Windass could do the same but I'm willing to give him a chance with a new manager and better players around him . 

33 minutes ago, The Blue Ranger said:

I noticed that too, came off as a bit arrogant but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt here as he alluded to MW playing him out of position affecting his performances.

Hopefully mate would be great if he turned out to be a decent player for us. I geniually thought he would do well for us when he first came up nothing as of yet to prove this right enough. Hope he proves me wrong.

He's never a CM in a million years, especially not with the others who were around him last Season. 

But I do think further up the park and out wide he could do well for us.

I agree on the point about his post match interview, but I think it was a reaction to the amount of shite he takes online. Not just for his performances but a lot of it is personal from our fans, which I think is shite. 

I read an article today which had a lot of goods quotes in it and he seemed fairly sensible. 

I really hope he can improve, but he definitely wasn't helped by Warburton's style of play or playing him at CM. 

I was watching a video of his Rangers "highlights" on youtube:

You can see that his main weapon is a long bursting run up the middle of the park.  He's a good athlete but just doesn't have the footballing ability necessary to make it here.  He did score a few goals for Accrington Stanley before he came here but a large number of them were penalties.  We really need guys like Waghorn, Holt, and Windass gone so we can get in someone more dangerous going forward.

if you actually watched the game against the Luxembourg outfit, he was making a difference when he came on. To slam him for not getting a tackle in is harsh. Yes his free kick on the second goal was wrong but the wall was pathetic also !! There is a player there and he was easily criticized when we were all hurting and looking to blame.