Thoughts on Neymar as a player?

Gaz52

4 hours ago, Orangeclement said:

I thought they had worked a way around ffp with Neymar paying the release himself (using sponsorship money from a Qatar foundation).

So Qatar ( who own PSG) give him an utterly fucking ridiculous pretend sponsorship and they think it will satisfy the rules on  ffp. Can't see it being accepted but if it is football is fucked even more than I thought already

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

So Qatar ( who own PSG) give him an utterly fucking ridiculous pretend sponsorship and they think it will satisfy the rules on  ffp. Can't see it being accepted but if it is football is fucked even more than I thought already

Apparently make more money than R .Madrid and Man Utd .......

Cough cough

Money grabbing cunt

Barca, Real, Bayern are the three biggest clubs in world. If you are leaving one of them and not moving to one of other two its probably due to money or lack of match time. As he was in the team, its money. 

I could accept it If it was likes of Man U, Juventus, Liverpool, Atletico, Rangers, Celtic, Arsenal, Dortmund. A group of clubs just beneath those three big boys.

The fact that a team from Ligue 1 is paying this is horrendous I'd expect it from England. PSG as a club aren't that much older than Neymar.

He's a gifted player but if I was choosing the best eleven in the world in my opinion he wouldn't get in. When you're paying that amount of money for a player it needs to be someone who doesn't divide opinion. For me he flatters to deceive in a lot of big matches and goes missing if wingback puts in a rough tackle early doors on him.

46 minutes ago, jackg93 said:

Money grabbing cunt

Barca, Real, Bayern are the three biggest clubs in world. If you are leaving one of them and not moving to one of other two its probably due to money or lack of match time. As he was in the team, its money. 

I could accept it If it was likes of Man U, Juventus, Liverpool, Atletico, Rangers, Celtic, Arsenal, Dortmund. A group of clubs just beneath those three big boys.

The fact that a team from Ligue 1 is paying this is horrendous I'd expect it from England. PSG as a club aren't that much older than Neymar.

He's a gifted player but if I was choosing the best eleven in the world in my opinion he wouldn't get in. When you're paying that amount of money for a player it needs to be someone who doesn't divide opinion. For me he flatters to deceive in a lot of big matches and goes missing if wingback puts in a rough tackle early doors on him.

Wow 

54 minutes ago, jackg93 said:

Money grabbing cunt

Man United are the biggest.

5 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Man United are the biggest.

Man U arguably aren't the biggest club in Britain let alone the world.

Those other 3 are in a league of their own. 

My point was that if neymar was joining one of the other teams I mentioned I could understand it (maybe) but PSG are not a big club. They have lots of money yes, but not a huge fanbase, not a loyal fanbase, no history, no huge rivals.

All of the teams I mentioned above are bigger than PSG, Chelsea or Man City. But we live in a world now where currency supercedes everything. 

6 hours ago, MasterD said:

For all the money is ridiculous I've enjoyed seeing Barcelona greet about it. A big club losing one of their best players due to money, a taste of their own medicine for a wee change.

If they really wanted him to stay they would have paid him what he wants , just like they do with Messi every year. He's not a kid now and hasn't reached the heights they expected him too , far to inconsistent for Barca. Like most Brazilians he likes to party and will be burnt out in a couple of years.

If Barca make the right signings they will be stronger without him.

5 hours ago, jackg93 said:

Man U arguably aren't the biggest club in Britain let alone the world.

Those other 3 are in a league of their own. 

My point was that if neymar was joining one of the other teams I mentioned I could understand it (maybe) but PSG are not a big club. They have lots of money yes, but not a huge fanbase, not a loyal fanbase, no history, no huge rivals.

All of the teams I mentioned above are bigger than PSG, Chelsea or Man City. But we live in a world now where currency supercedes everything. 

Nobody in Britain is anywhere near as big as Man United.

On 3 August 2017 at 10:23 AM, LaudrupsAsicsBoots said:

So what you want me to do is discount Neymar's career before he was 21 but still include Ronaldo's?

7 seasons against 4. That'll be a fair argument won't it :lol:

Yes, because Ronaldo was playing in a much more competitive league for those three extra seasons. It doesn't matter anyway because at the end of the day Ronaldo has won more both individually and in a (inferior) team at the age of 25. Similar goal scoring and assisting stats don't equal world player of the year etc etc. 

13 hours ago, jackg93 said:

Money grabbing cunt

:lol::lol::lol: 

17 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Nobody in Britain is anywhere near as big as Man United.

Agreed.

I don't even like Man UTD, but their bad choice of managers and poor signings is the only reason they haven't been winning as much as the other 3 in recent years. Unfortunately, or not depending on your position, it seems as though that is going to continue. 

Neymar is a great player, I'd have Bale and Suarez ahead of him, with obviously Messi and  Ronaldo ahead of those. I think the fee is not only because his buyout, but is mainly due to the issues with taxes and crap that arose with his initial transfer to Barca. 

It's very clearly a money grab, as it's such a huge step down from Barca and La Liga to ligue 1 and PSG. No offence to ligue 1 it's not the best league in the world, and I honestly believe that if the SPL had a more reasonable TV deal and better coverage we'd be on par with it due to Rangers and Celtic. 

18 minutes ago, RDFM said:

Yes, because Ronaldo was playing in a much more competitive league for those three extra seasons. It doesn't matter anyway because at the end of the day Ronaldo has won more both individually and in a (inferior) team at the age of 25. Similar goal scoring and assisting stats don't equal world player of the year etc etc. 

:lol::lol::lol:

On 03/08/2017 at 10:43 AM, Shuggy said:

Clearly one of the current world's best. That transfer fee buyout clause was put into his contract at a ridiculous level to deter buyers. If that wasn't there, he may have gone for about £100M (still ridiculous).

Eh? You are gonna have to run this one past me!

Why would he have gone for £100m if the buyout clause wasnt there?

Surely they would have just offered £100m regardless of the buyout clause if they would have accepted it???

Guest Lloyd72

It must be disheartening for all these players like Neymar, Ronaldo, etc to be so good but still know they'll never get anywhere near Messi's level...Ever

19 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

It must be disheartening for all these players like Neymar, Ronaldo, etc to be so good but still know they'll never get anywhere near Messi's level...Ever

Aye mate, playing for some of the best clubs in the world and earning the guts of half a million a week.

Disheartening.

Fabulous player.

He's probably suffered from playing in the same era as Messi and Christiano Ronaldo. If those two weren't on the scene he'd be arguably the best player in the world right now.

5 hours ago, cushynumber said:

if they get away with this then you may as well throw the FFP rules out the window.

Yep. This is a test for FIFA and Uefa imo. 

Let's see if you they bottle it.

How much are they allowed to outspend by over three seasons before they breach FFP, is it £30m?

Reports are that the total of this transfer including purchase price, fees and wages is near £450m, so accounting for this over the 5 year contract is still a £90m a year cost.

They'll have to offload a lot to break even on this.