Athletic World Champs London 2017

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, JamieD said:

Ato Boldon making some very good points about the way nobody gave a toss about Gatlin's comeback until he started threatening Bolt's supremacy.

I heard that - possibly some truth in it from the fans, I would say. Not sure the commentators can use that as an explanation. There was a Boputhatswana athlete today who has served a ban and got applauded when her name was announced. I would imagine most in the stadium wouldn't have known but she certainly didn't get the slating that Gatlin did from the commentators.

4 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

You're just worried about losing sexy cuddle time ya dirty bastard 

No danger of that happening my friend..Angie baby is up here on Friday for some Hot Tub Sexy Cuddle ACTION..You can have that wee squeaky voiced loser scouser..:dance:

9 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

She would not have got near the medals but for the increased testosterone. 

So? It's her natural make-up. Usain Bolt wouldn't have got near any of his medals if he wasn't a physical freak either.

3 minutes ago, JamieD said:

So? It's her natural make-up. Usain Bolt wouldn't have got near any of his medals if he wasn't a physical freak either.

That is why scientists are considering it. The sport needs to be made fair for the majority. If she and others like her need to be medicated to be at the same range as others then fine.

Another option is if there are enough ladies like her then we have them compete separately.

5 minutes ago, JamieD said:

His testosterone is within normal ranges. Hers gives her a 1.8% performance enhancement. That is an awful lot and no wonder Lynsey Sharp and other runners consider it unfair.

Just now, Blue Nosed Babe said:

That is why scientists are considering it. The sport needs to be made fair for the majority. If she and others like her need to be medicated to be at the same range as others then fine.

Another option is if there are enough ladies like her then we have them compete separately.

I appreciate that it makes people uncomfortable, but athletics isn't supposed to be fair. The people with natural gifts are supposed to excel. There are, as far as I'm aware, no plans to ban men with higher than normal testosterone, or any other biological advantage. They aren't testing long distance runners and insisting that anybody with a red blood cell volume over 50% should be disqualified for having an unfair advantage, so why this focus on people like Semenya? 

Ironically I'd bet when she lines up for the 800m she'll be the only one not cheating.

4 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

His testosterone is within normal ranges. Hers gives her a 1.8% performance enhancement. That is an awful lot and no wonder Lynsey Sharp and other runners consider it unfair.

I didn't say he has high testosterone levels, I said he's a physical freak. He has uncommonly long legs for a person with the high density of fast twitch muscle fibres required to be a top-level sprinter. This means that, like other sprinters, he has explosivity, but unlike other sprinters, he doesn't have to take as many strides to cover 100m, which means less fatigue. This is a distinct physical advantage which, like Semenya's, is a natural gift but, unlike Semenya's, nobody talks about as unfair, for reasons I can't quite understand. If the argument is that her gift means nobody else gets a chance, so what? Nobody else got a chance in men's sprinting for the last 9 years.