jac alnwick

bomber

I'd play him to give first team game time and it'd help keep Wes on his toes if Alnwick has a good game.       

Same as I'd start with Morelos and Hererra up front to see if that pairing can start to gel by getting goals and look to give Pena some decent game time (if he's on the bench as he was again today then he must be fit enough for at least part of a game).   

We don't even know what our best formation or starting eleven is yet.  I would expect the manager to put out what he believes to be his strongest team and let's see how it performs.  This team needs to develop and grow in to something that can challenge Celtic or they'll all be canned by Christmas.

Wes's all round game is as shocking as it can be embarrassing. Great shot stopper but can't do high balls, can't command his area and embarassing with the ball at his feet. He has proven he cannot improve. We are doing makeshift with for lack of funds for a decent replacement.

I know little of Alnwick, but can't be any worse?

11 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Wes's all round game is as shocking as it can be embarrassing. Great shot stopper but can't do high balls, can't command his area and embarassing with the ball at his feet. He has proven he cannot improve. We are doing makeshift with for lack of funds for a decent replacement.

I know little of Alnwick, but can't be any worse?

You made three points there,

1) he doesn't command his area

2) he can't deal with high balls

3) he's   embarrissing with the ball at his feet,

all shite apart from number 1, only my opinion of course. He punched 3 high balls away today and his kicking is as good as I've seen. 

9 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Wes is "Embarrassing with the ball at his feet"? What a load of shite:lol:

This. It's as if some of our support pick a player they don't like and stick with it. Wes is a good keeper, saved us on so many occasions. As has been said before, Goram wasn't exactly great at crosses but a genius at shot stopping.

1 hour ago, Chineseboy said:

This. It's as if some of our support pick a player they don't like and stick with it. Wes is a good keeper, saved us on so many occasions. As has been said before, Goram wasn't exactly great at crosses but a genius at shot stopping.

Also has some absolute outstanding howlers as well, Hibs in the last game against them in the Championship, Hearts at Tynecastle in January. Foderingham is average, very average, not what we need at all going forward.

5 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Also has some absolute outstanding howlers as well, Hibs in the last game against them in the Championship, Hearts at Tynecastle in January. Foderingham is average, very average, not what we need at all going forward.

True, but even the very best keepers have howlers. Nature of the position in that every mistake is magnified.