Herrera ?

Blackandra

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday he didn't win many balls in the air from punt up the park type passes as the defender was right on top of him but he was unlucky with his well placed flick on header from tav,s pass.

I don't think he will be the golden nugget striker we are looking for but he will certainly trouble a lot of the opposing defenses in the coming season 

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

mate, he used to miss these chances when he was younger. Its not age, its just ability - particularly when he has time to think about his finishing. When he does it instinctively - al la sheffield where he took one touch and lashed the ball, he looks great, but when he sees a cross coming in and has time to think, stuff just seems to get in the way.

Can't disagree. He was never prolific, albeit a good record against the mankymob. I just loved his desire & commitment over the last couple of years. Unfortunately, and I know this from personal experience, old age means the diminishing transmission signals between your brain & your feet, becomes a problem.

Get the impression he'll be an engima with the supporters.

I don't think he'll score the 20+ goals we'd expect a striker of this club to score but I think he'll do alot of things that would be missed if he were to be on the bench. 

He gives us the option of going long. He can hold the ball up, didn't think he had his best game in doing that yesterday but can tell it's in his locker. He works hard and fights for the ball back which is something that Pedro looks to be trying to get the team to do. 

Also he's better than Morelos, who tried to chest a ball down that was rolling along the ground. 

2 hours ago, Blackandra said:

Ok so maybe this post wasn't in best taste, beers clouding judgment maybe...but at no point did i slate Herrera, I think he'll be a good 2nd striker for us and think we'll see the best from him with Morelos beside him rather than Miller. The point I was trying to make was that i don't think he'll score alot of goals for us, albeit I could have put it out there a better way. ??

I quite like him. I know he won't beat three men and bury the ball in the top corner, but his link-up play was excellent yesterday. He also did his defensive duties very well at set pieces in what was a very physical game; and by fuck we sure needed it as motherwell were playing route-one football. Remember, he's still settling in, and it must be a culture shock to him at the moment, but once he gets a few goals under his belt, I'm sure he will be on his way to being a decent signing for us. :thumbup:

If he's not going to be prolific then he needs to work on making the ball stick when sent up to him. Both him and Miller were crap at that yesterday. Give the guy more chances than just yesterday's showing but looks like a Mexican Garner. Needs to up his game to win the troops over. 

He'll be better when Miller isn't in by team, he's playing a lone striker role basically and he's clearly not that type of player. Forwards like Herrera, and Garner falls in to this as well, need someone alongside them to link up with or it's useless playing them 

Fuck off with this pish - he's played little more than 90 competitive minutes for us, instead of laughing at one of these (utterly pointless) YouTube compilation videos and saying 'Herrera is pish' how about we get behind him and learn a bit more about what he has to offer over the next few games? 

22 minutes ago, Jonnyboyrfc said:

Fuck off with this pish - he's played little more than 90 competitive minutes for us, instead of laughing at one of these (utterly pointless) YouTube compilation videos and saying 'Herrera is pish' how about we get behind him and learn a bit more about what he has to offer over the next few games? 

Too sensible a comment for in here mate.

Dont judge the guy too quick. Mind you, there is a guy called Kostadin Gadzhalov who plays for Dundee, and he came from a 2nd division side in the Bulgarian league, was there as a backup, and managed to earn a regular place in Scottish PL with Dundee. My point is, you never know.