Herrera ?

Blackandra

Ffs no one missed more sitters than ally Mccoist and look at the start mark Hateley made when he first signed for us both players were given some amount of abuse from the rangers supporters and I include myself in this.who remembers ally ally get to fuck this was often sung as ally in the beginning missed sitter after sitter as did big Hateley and we all know how both of them turned out. let's get behind all the new players and see how things pan out You never know we might all end up pleasantly surprised as I was all those years ago with both super ally and big mark. I for one certainly learned my lesson in judging new players before giving them a chance to settle.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, BILLYBOY50 said:

Ffs no one missed more sitters than ally Mccoist and look at the start mark Hateley made when he first signed for us both players were given some amount of abuse from the rangers supporters and I include myself in this.who remembers ally ally get to fuck this was often sung as ally in the beginning missed sitter after sitter as did big Hateley and we all know how both of them turned out. let's get behind all the new players and see how things pan out You never know we might all end up pleasantly surprised as I was all those years ago with both super ally and big mark. I for one certainly learned my lesson in judging new players before giving them a chance to settle.

Ally geez peace FFS 

Billy when ally first signed for us it took him some time to settle in and he used to miss numerous chances as did mark Hateley that's what I was getting at but once both had settled into their new surroundings they ended up being one of the best striking partnerships I have seen in many years watching the rangers. And I just want the fans to give our new players time and see how they get on.

Miller's constant need to go wandering leaves any striker isolated as we've seen even last season. The level of player we have cannot be left on his own, they're just not that class. It's been said loads of times, Miller needs to play through the middle or be removed from the team. 

12 hours ago, BILLYBOY50 said:

Billy when ally first signed for us it took him some time to settle in and he used to miss numerous chances as did mark Hateley that's what I was getting at but once both had settled into their new surroundings they ended up being one of the best striking partnerships I have seen in many years watching the rangers. And I just want the fans to give our new players time and see how they get on.

Took McCoist almost two seasons, iIRC, to settle and start scoring on a regular basis, after that he did all right.

15 hours ago, BILLYBOY50 said:

A lot of the resentment towards McCoist at the time was down to the fact that he had knocked us back twice before eventually joining us. First as a boy he preferred to go to St Johnstone as he felt he would have a better chance of first team football, can't really argue with that. Then when he became too big for St Johnstone we tried to get him again but he preferred to try his luck in the old English First Dvision with Sunderland. Only when he found he couldn't hack it at that level was he prepared to come to Rangers. That combined with a shaky start in what wasn't one of our greatest teams meant the fans  weren't in the mood to cut him a lot of slack.

Hateley was poor when he arrived from Monaco but he had been out for a long time with a serous ankle injury, and he did improve as he regained his match fitness. Of course what cemented his acceptance from the support was that unforgettable double to win the league against the sheep.

On 07/08/2017 at 4:42 PM, demise said:

Dont judge the guy too quick. Mind you, there is a guy called Kostadin Gadzhalov who plays for Dundee, and he came from a 2nd division side in the Bulgarian league, was there as a backup, and managed to earn a regular place in Scottish PL with Dundee. My point is, you never know.

I fully support the point you are trying to make here mate however the irrelevance of all of that is making my head spin :happy:

Dundee? Bulgaria? 

Power to you though, as ever many are judging too quick.  

The video isn't negative really, the guy is saying he misses a lot but he's home grown and causes other teams problems with his movement. 

Sounds like we've got the Mexican Kenny miller of 10 years ago 

edit: at the end of the video the guys saying it's not enough and Herrera shouldn't be talking himself up without delivering in the pitch.

fuck knows what that's about. But if we can turn king Kenny into a goal machine then we can do the same with this guy. 

As someone said before you could make a hour long video of kenny's missed over the years 

On 06/08/2017 at 7:04 PM, theclothmonster said:

Herrera could have had a couple of tap ins had he been spotted by his team mates, probably take the rest of the team time to adjust seeing someone actually attack the six yard box for a change. 

He hasn't scored a tap in since Pedro introduced the new pre match exercise.

That's 3 games now and not once has he found the net in the warm up ffs.  

Utter pish IMO.  

5 hours ago, TheLawMan said:

He hasn't scored a tap in since Pedro introduced the new pre match exercise.

That's 3 games now and not once has he found the net in the warm up ffs.  

Utter pish IMO.  

Whats utter pish? That he was in position for a tap in on at least two occasions against Motherwell? because he quite clearly was.