*****The Official Rangers vs Dunfermline Thread*****

24 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

I'm looking at it from the perspective that the team i've lined up is full of experienced players, some international, who should be beating Dunfermline fairly 

I think you have made too many changes. If the team you suggested had been playing together in the league cup group stage and done well, then yeah I think they would be good enough to beat Dunfermline. For me you team has too many changes and is not worth the risk. Imagine going out to Dunfermline after the Progres debacle. Caixinha would have his head put on a spike!

Just now, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

I think you have made too many changes. If the team you suggested had been playing together in the league cup group stage and done well, then yeah I think they would be good enough to beat Dunfermline. For me you team has too many changes and is not worth the risk. Imagine going out to Dunfermline after the Progres debacle. Caixinha would have his head put on a spike!

Wish they had played in the group stage tbh, would've given us a few more games. I get where you're coming from but i'll always blame the players before the manager, the players are the ones who deserved the blame after Progres and i'd be blaming those players if they got selected and failed to beat Dunfermline.

That team I laid out, in todays money, is worth 5/6 million surely, more than enough to beat Dunfermline. I know it's not as easy as that on paper but don't think we should be risking big big players when we've got the 2 edinburgh mobs, the scum & sheep shaggers all in the next 10 weeks, all at home.

1 minute ago, Valance1690 said:

Wish they had played in the group stage tbh, would've given us a few more games. I get where you're coming from but i'll always blame the players before the manager, the players are the ones who deserved the blame after Progres and i'd be blaming those players if they got selected and failed to beat Dunfermline.

That team I laid out, in todays money, is worth 5/6 million surely, more than enough to beat Dunfermline. I know it's not as easy as that on paper but don't think we should be risking big big players when we've got the 2 edinburgh mobs, the scum & sheep shaggers all in the next 10 weeks, all at home.

Or to turn that on it's head. Surely we should be playing a consistent starting XI to allow them to gel so when we face Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen and Paedos they will be a well drilled unit?

1 minute ago, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

Or to turn that on it's head. Surely we should be playing a consistent starting XI to allow them to gel so when we face Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen and Paedos they will be a well drilled unit?

Can see both points of view tbh mate, i'd be more conservative and say that we don't have a ready made replacement for players like Alves/Foderingham/Wallace/Cardoso, i'd be inclined to look well after them. They play in the majority of league matches by all means but the 2nd round of the cup should be were our fringe players try to impress and give the first team a break.

23 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Can see both points of view tbh mate, i'd be more conservative and say that we don't have a ready made replacement for players like Alves/Foderingham/Wallace/Cardoso, i'd be inclined to look well after them. They play in the majority of league matches by all means but the 2nd round of the cup should be were our fringe players try to impress and give the first team a break.

We played our first domestic game of the season on Sunday. The first team don't need a break. We could swap Miller for Morelos  and Alves for Wilson.

5 minutes ago, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

We played our first domestic game of the season on Sunday. The first team don't need a break. We could swap Miller for Morelos  and Alves for Wilson.

We've played Marseille, Watford, Sheffield Wednesday, Motherwell & we've got Dunfermline/Hibs this week in the space of 3 weeks, that's a fair few games for a team early in the season, especially if we're playing the same players again and again.

Alves would be my biggest worry, his age/confederations cup, we can't afford to lose him.

1 hour ago, Valance1690 said:

I'm looking at it from the perspective that the team i've lined up is full of experienced players, some international, who should be beating Dunfermline fairly 

As opposed to that time the lay down to us, according to that bawbag sutton.

3 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

We've played Marseille, Watford, Sheffield Wednesday, Motherwell & we've got Dunfermline/Hibs this week in the space of 3 weeks, that's a fair few games for a team early in the season, especially if we're playing the same players again and again.

Alves would be my biggest worry, his age/confederations cup, we can't afford to lose him.

Wibble.

Foderingham

Hodson   Cardoso  Wilson   Wallace
                           Jack
Candeias                              Windass
                           Peña
              Morelos       Herrera

Diamond 4-4-2 with Cardoso coming off for Bates once Rangers have a comfortable lead. Likewise with a comfortable lead Beerman on for Wallace. Finally Rossiter on for Jack, again depending on the lead. Kranjcar could be a possible substitution given that he picked up a knock to his hip, he could potentially be getting back to fitness as we were told it was very short term.

Substitutions:
Tavernier
Beerman
Rossiter
Alnwick
Kranjcar

1 hour ago, RangersScotty9 said:

Foderingham

Jack
                           Peña
              Morelos       Herrera

Diamond 4-4-2 with Cardoso coming off for Bates once Rangers have a comfortable lead. Likewise with a comfortable lead Beerman on for Wallace. Finally Rossiter on for Jack, again depending on the lead. Kranjcar could be a possible substitution given that he picked up a knock to his hip, he could potentially be getting back to fitness as we were told it was very short term.

Substitutions:
Tavernier
Beerman
Rossiter
Alnwick
Kranjcar

Don't know how Bates would get on when you've not even named him as a sub.

Regardless, I rank him behind Alves, Cordoso, D Wilson and A Wilson. Hope to not see him again this season.

Not sure why Hodson should get a start. A player shouldn't be rewarded for a very poor performance, which yesterday was for him.

3 hours ago, RangersScotty9 said:

Foderingham

Jack
                           Peña
              Morelos       Herrera

Substitutions:
Tavernier
Beerman
Rossiter
Alnwick
Kranjcar

Tav for me but this. 

Cardoso isn't old so I don't think he needs rotated but it depends on how the game is. 

Same team yesterday but Tav in for Hodson. Pedro made a point of saying the team has only had 3 weeks together so they need game time. Once they have a comfortable lead, we can make changes and rest players. 

The only potential change to the would be to rest Alves for Wilson. 

2 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Don't know how Bates would get on when you've not even named him as a sub.

Regardless, I rank him behind Alves, Cordoso, D Wilson and A Wilson. Hope to not see him again this season.

Not sure why Hodson should get a start. A player shouldn't be rewarded for a very poor performance, which yesterday was for him.

Yeah, I wasn't clear on that, I think if Bates was to be one of the subs is what I mean then of course, however I myself do not rate him, he isn't good enough to play for Rangers that much is very clear. As for Hodson, for me it's more a case of resting best players for the main game against Hibs, shameless to say I don't rate Hodson either, if you ask me Rangers need more depth in the wider areas and there's no question of that.